What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Jarhead, I am wondering how you get the long tails for the many gun sounds. Are those recorded tails which you just tune up/down, EQ a bit so they sound different on the guns?

I am also working on sounds a lot but any kind of reverb does not sound like a tail at all so I have to use pre-recorded tails and use technique named above.

Getting shot at gets better and better.

Thanks dude! Yah I gonna switch the sound for the ATV. atm you can just delete the file and please stop talking about this shit sound :D I'm getting crazy^^

LJ

Someone hier raported error wenn playing v1.3 somthing like this:

creating weapon AGS17 with scope=private.

Im having that too only wenn im lunching your mod with Namalsk crisis by Sumrak.

So mayby its not bug in v1.3.

I not geting this enywhere else so far.

Ah, you German? ^^

Yes, could be. I also believe I had this message in past. I have to take a look on that again. But at the AGS there is exactly the same problem, I think!

LJ is it intentional that the AH1_Base has the same sounds as the AH64?

Also take note that the A10 config of 1.3 contains SU25 definitions (no A10) .

Hey, thanks for all your hard work mate! Ya I used the sounds for the AH1 too. I save me the work and space for extra new sounds. So I try to cover several Vehicles with less sounds. The SU25 definitions is unknown to me! Oh, no, WAS unknown to me! Ya I see it right now. What the hell?!?!? :( But I saw you fixed it, right? Could you maybe add the F35 to the config, so this plane is getting covered by the A10 sounds too? Or maybe send me the definitions, I could not find them in my CA.

Found it ;)

Oh and there was something else too! You "fixed" the fear config but changed my entries! There was this entry for example:

begin1[] = {"\JSRS_FFAR\FFAR_s1",1,1,500};

you changed it to this:

begin1[] = {"\JSRS_FFAR\FFAR_s1",1.77828,0.98,2500};

Well, it was taking a long boring time to match all the distance entries of ALL configs to each other. Could you maybe tell me, where you also changed the distance and volume entries?

Thanks alot mate!

Jarhead

EDIT:

Ah, more of them! The A10 is totally different. Are these the OLD entries of 1.2??? So are your "fixed configs" based on ALL OLD CONFIGS OF 1.2?? Well, I reworked ALL configs for 1.3! Thats why I can't use yours now, I would getting back to the old config entries and destroying my overall-volume-matching-whatever-thing... you know what I mean?

I saw they're not even in the list of the edited objects, maybe thats way they're old?

Jarhead, I am wondering how you get the long tails for the many gun sounds. Are those recorded tails which you just tune up/down, EQ a bit so they sound different on the guns?

I am also working on sounds a lot but any kind of reverb does not sound like a tail at all so I have to use pre-recorded tails and use technique named above.

Du bist natürlich auch auf hochqualitative Audioaufnahmen angewiesen in diesem Falle. Ich habe die Reverbs noch damals von CS:S Zeiten. Irgendwer hatte noch so gute Effekte und verwendete ebenfalls Videos für solche Dinge. Heutzutage ist es allerdings nicht mehr wirklich schwer solche Tails aus Editoren zu editieren! Sony Sound Forge 10 mit NoiseReduction Plug-In 2.0 bietet bereits das Feature, welches dir erlaubt, diese Tails aus Aufnahmen "heraus zu filtern".

Geh mit einem Guten Micro und nem Lappy auf ne Wiese und schmeiß einen Böller hoch in die Luft. Nimm das auf und lass den Sound, die Aufnahme durch SoundForge Noise Reductions knattern und du hast die geilsten Tails des Jahres! ;)

Edited by LordJarhead

@LordJarhed

No im from Poland :) and in scholl long time ago i have deutsch :), i know englisch only from movies and games :) so im dont speek/write to good.

And thats the rison that sometimes i write wrong words.

Don't worry mate! No one is perfect! At least, I understand what you mean ;) Und nur das zählt!

Liebe Grüße,

Jarhead

@LJ:

a10 is from v1.2x yes as there is no config for it in the v1.3 release.

Everything else is from 1.3. So maybe your 1.3 release is screwed instead? :)

The only possible source of difference might be unpacking (derapifying).

Yet this should at best convert DV values into floats.

And yes there were quite some changes in the DB values of 1.3 vs 1.2 that made me

wonder to.

This might be the possible source of people reporting issues in v1.3 for various vehicles?

As you don't send me the source, I can only work with whats available..

I will pack everything up, all of the new configs of MY 1.3 and send it to you. Ok?

Jarhead

sure.

Hey guys, played some warfare with jsrs 1.3 and i noticed that when someone shoots at you, you hear something like a light wind blow, was just wondering if that is normal heh.

Otherwise great work JH

Krieg ist die Hoelle, aber der Sound ist geil :yay: :D

LandsHeer

you know...

geil means in dutch horny... :D

anyway I love the new sounds lord Jarhead! keep up the work.

JSRS is also available on Six Updater, just add the mods to a preset, and run Convert action, then when finished, Install or Update.

Only missing/changed parts will be downloaded.

Edited by Sickboy

mrcash2009 (or 2010, 11 or whatever ;)) for all his constructiv comments,

Thanks for mention sir, glad my rambling helped in some way :) Would have posted soon but I was in BIS forum cells for a week :)

Need to test this version out, been holding off for new fixes, very happy already let alone new updates.

Just wait for the next release, there will be more new Vehicles covered, more Weapons too! And some reworked configs too. Alot of stuff you wouldn't have wiht this method. And you probely not able to play online anymore without the bisign.

So please, just keep the finger of this, you would just have alot to work and it wouldn't work fine anyways plus you are able to get the next version already next week!

So,

Jarhead

JSRS is also available on Six Updater, just add the mods to a preset, and run Convert action, then when finished, Install or Update.

Only missing/changed parts will be downloaded.

Is that an up-to-date version? I don't even see the JSRS-ACE folder on Six :/

Please wait a bit longer if you dont want to download the whole mod again next week! I'll be working on the last errors and fix them with the help of PVPscene! Then you just download the mod next week and you can be sure, that everything it like you want it to be ;)

Jarhead

Hey good job witht he progress man, very professional, just wondering have you fixed the config for the L111A1? your BAF sounds are great, just a shame this has the vanilla sound, plus for some reason even though I have BAF full with good looking units, weapons, and vehicles, I still get BAF lite sounds for some reason, unless a soundmod changes them, so a sound mod covering them is great, lol.

L111A1?
Yes I tested your mod and if you go to the BAF mission where you can test out all the gear, go to all the heavy weapons range, all of them seem to be vanilla (sorry if you already know this I was a bit slow on testing it).

I have to test this. But I only have Arma CO, no BAF or PMC! Maybe thatswhy they're working on my side. But I deff. test them!

Anymore vanilla sounds? Not only the sounds I made and not working, I mean is there any sound from BIS in your game? So please post the name of the weapons and so on. No vehicles, there are alot of civil vehicles with vanilla sounds...^^

Jarhead

vintorez seems much more louder

10t5s7ViyO4

vintorez seems much more louder

Yeah, could it be possible to have the silenced weapons audible at distances >50 meters? You can see guns blazing close-by but you can hear a thing, which both unrealistic and weird. Also muzzle flashes should be next to none but this is a sound mod so nevermind about that. BIS seems not to get the silenced weapons realistic enough, I don't know if it's for the playability or what but it would be nice to at least hear something above 50 meter distance.

It's not possible to tell the relative volumes of weapons from youtube videos. It depends on a whole series of unrelated factors. The loudest sounds will simply cut out the mic and you will hear nothing.

ACE makes suppressed weapons have realistic muzzle flashes.

It's not possible to tell the relative volumes of weapons from youtube videos. It depends on a whole series of unrelated factors. The loudest sounds will simply cut out the mic and you will hear nothing.

ACE makes suppressed weapons have realistic muzzle flashes.

I'm not talking about that youtube video though it sounds to my ear quite accurate, I've heard silenced weapons irl and silencers don't magically make weapons literally silent. The silenced weapons in arma are hearable when you stand next to the shooter but goes totally silent further away and that's why I'm asking if it could be fixed with a sound mod.

I'll be working on the last errors and fix them with the help of PVPscene! Then you just download the mod next week and you can be sure, that everything it like you want it to be ;)

Great to hear, thanks :)

I have to test this. But I only have Arma CO, no BAF or PMC! Maybe thatswhy they're working on my side. But I deff. test them!

Anymore vanilla sounds? Not only the sounds I made and not working, I mean is there any sound from BIS in your game? So please post the name of the weapons and so on. No vehicles, there are alot of civil vehicles with vanilla sounds...^^

Jarhead

I need to test further its only BAF heavy weapons (fixed as in the ones you "get in" and stay fixed sat with heavy weapons) like grenade launcher and ones already mentioned. If you have BAF light which you will, does it not give you the mission to test it, all be it low res, will your sounds not trigger with it anyway (if they worked)?