What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

What's wrong with the humvee? The sounds are pretty good as they are except for the air vehicle sounds which could be improved...

What's wrong with the humvee? The sounds are pretty good as they are except for the air vehicle sounds which could be improved...

Oh no, its goes just for the config, the RPT with the updating base class! I dont change any sounds...

Jarhead

Hey jarhead 1.3 is awesome but if you have time could you make an update for the BAF sound mods. Keep up the good work :)

Im a little confuse, only need to download 1.3 full or also patch 1.1 and 1.2? anything else?

btw, I always play with ACE2

No, where do you get the old patches?? No no, Patch 1.1 and 1.2 are the VERSIONS 1.1 and 1.2, the OLD ONES! You should DL 1.3 and the Patch 1.31... forget about the older ones... where theyre're able to download?

Jarhead

LJ,

I was browsing arma and I found this sound library:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=13458

It has amazing sounds in it.

To use it you'll need to ask permition.

anyway just thought I would share it.

BTW: great update

Unfortunately I wouldn't allow this. This is mainly due to a number of reasons:

1. Some of the library is licensed audio.

2. Some personally sourced audio isn't suited to weapons.

3. Most of the audio has been tailored to be played at distance rather than close to the user (I don't think Jarhead would find it useful).

4. It's primarily used for NIAC, as such the sounds in the pack are meant to be unique for all users to give them something new.

There is a new version in development with an extra few hundred samples, but they are all remastered to suit distance audio even more.

Cheers for spotting it though ;).

And I couldn't get the link to work anyway.

Works fine for me! http://www.armaholic.net/colombia/addons/sounds/RUK_ASL_V1.rar

Anyway, hopefully JSRS is on track to getting the errors fixed... I suggest you STOP making more with the mod and learn the basics before continuing, this will give you more time to expand it down the line, instead of going over old work.

Set yourself a realistic version goal, rather than everything at once like everybody wants... they're not making it, you are.

No, where do you get the old patches?? No no, Patch 1.1 and 1.2 are the VERSIONS 1.1 and 1.2, the OLD ONES! You should DL 1.3 and the Patch 1.31... forget about the older ones... where theyre're able to download?

Jarhead

Ok, thanks!

yeah! sry, I have already 1.1 and 1.2 in my HD zip format

I cant find 1.31 patch in the first page

EDIT: damnit! i found it now. :computer: Thanks!

So here we go:

J.S.R.S. Patch 1.31 ~ 26MB

Check some stuff like the AAVP and the CH47 for the missing wss rpts. Take a look on several vehicles, play a few rounds and tell whats up and please, post the RPT's right here ;)

Thanks alot,

Jarhead

rewelcome.jpg

Works fine for me! http://www.armaholic.net/colombia/addons/sounds/RUK_ASL_V1.rar

Anyway, hopefully JSRS is on track to getting the errors fixed... I suggest you STOP making more with the mod and learn the basics before continuing, this will give you more time to expand it down the line, instead of going over old work.

Set yourself a realistic version goal, rather than everything at once like everybody wants... they're not making it, you are.

Straight! But totally right I guess...

Thanks mates,

Jarhead

Unfortunately I wouldn't allow this. This is mainly due to a number of reasons:

2. Some personally sourced audio isn't suited to weapons.

3. Most of the audio has been tailored to be played at distance rather than close to the user (I don't think Jarhead would find it useful).

4. It's primarily used for NIAC, as such the sounds in the pack are meant to be unique for all users to give them something new.

There is a new version in development with an extra few hundred samples, but they are all remastered to suit distance audio even more.

Cheers for spotting it though .

I know those are more distant sounds but he could have used the arti explosions for distant explosions.

well that's a reason to not use it.

Anyway i'm looking forward to the remastered package ;)

Btw: I thought you dropped your NIAC script?

Really really great mod!

It´s sad that only two maybe three servers accept this Soundmod..

Even If I play 90% of the time in Sp Mode, however it´s very annoying to play with the vanilla-sounds.

Would it be possible to upload the old M2 Sound? I don´t like the new one

in 1.3. It doesn´t sound so brutal like in the pre versions.

It still isn't? I quit looking long time ago (not only reason though). Jeez. There are complaints about lack of multiplayer games running, and this is the one mod I simply can't play without. But I guess you're right, I can't even remember the last time I actually saw a green colored server in there. What's happening? Other than summer I mean.

Really really great mod!

It´s sad that only two maybe three servers accept this Soundmod..

Even If I play 90% of the time in Sp Mode, however it´s very annoying to play with the vanilla-sounds.

Would it be possible to upload the old M2 Sound? I don´t like the new one

in 1.3. It doesn´t sound so brutal like in the pre versions.

Ok well I run two servers and both servers allow this mod, so that's either 100% or 66% of what you just said. I doubt so little servers run this. I'm sure it's 10+ at least.

Ok well I run two servers and both servers allow this mod, so that's either 100% or 66% of what you just said. I doubt so little servers run this. I'm sure it's 10+ at least.

Both the games.on.net servers in Aus run it, is nice.

Edited by Trauma.au

I'm sry guys! I know you want to play this mod finally! And it have to be client side only to get this to run. Let me think...

L110A1 ist the M249 of BAF side, right? Its using the A2 M249 sounds anyways, so I will delete the Pbo, where the missing Dry.wss error is in and this should be fixed...

I hope the updating base classes are gone this time, I will "TONIGHT" upload a new patch where you can play with the new configs for the rpt spammed vehicles and TEST IT FOR ME please...

@rexehuk: I really accept your regards for the library and understand your point. Distance-sounds sounds good to me, but for Project Zero, not JSRS. I don't want to change any sounds on this mod again, its fine at all (except for the M2, YAH I will add the old one as an optional pbo ;))

So, I going to work a bit on the configs and hope we are getting rid of this shit soon^^

Thanks so far,

Jarhead

So, these are the overall rpts at the moment:

Conflicting addon acex_c_wep_hk in 'jsrs_hk417\', previous definition in 'jsrs_hk416\'

Conflicting addon JSRS_SU25 in 'jsrs_su25_c\', previous definition in 'jsrs_a10_c\'

Conflicting addon acex_c_wep_hk in 'x\acex_usnavy\addons\a2_compat\', previous definition in 'jsrs_hk416\'

Updating base class Sounds->, by jsrs_humvee_c\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/HMMWV_Base/Sounds/

Updating base class Engine->, by jsrs_humvee_c\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/HMMWV_Base/Sounds/Engine/

Updating base class Sounds->, by jsrs_uaz_c\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/UAZ_Base/Sounds/

Updating base class Engine->, by jsrs_uaz_c\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/UAZ_Base/Sounds/Engine/

Updating base class Sounds->, by jsrs_abrams_c\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/M1A1/Sounds/

Updating base class Engine->, by jsrs_abrams_c\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/M1A1/Sounds/Engine/

Updating base class ->Sounds, by ca\tracked_d_baf\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BAF_FV510_D/Sounds/

Updating base class ->Engine, by ca\tracked_d_baf\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BAF_FV510_D/Sounds/Engine/

Updating base class M4A1->M4A1_Aim, by jsrs_hk416\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ACE_HK416_D10_AIM/

Updating base class Single->Single, by jsrs_hk416\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ACE_HK416_D10_AIM/Single/

Updating base class FullAuto->FullAuto, by jsrs_hk416\config.bin/CfgWeapons/ACE_HK416_D10_AIM/FullAuto/

Updating base class MainTurret->MainTurret, by x\ace\addons\c_vehicle\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BAF_Jackal2_L2A1_D/Turrets/M2_Turret/

Updating base class MainTurret->MainTurret, by x\ace\addons\c_vehicle\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BAF_Jackal2_GMG_D/Turrets/GMG_Turret/

The marked ones are NOT because of my mod I guess, JSRS is not named! The last two ones are from ACE.... So the small patch will go for the Humvee, Abrams and UAZ... also the HK416... but there I have to look...

Jarhead

Edited by LordJarhead

Theres a slide difference between A2 and OA config inheritance like you said burns... I got rid of the RPT's for Abrams, Humvee and UAZ like I wanted to do! Working fine finally... but now that:

Updating base class ->Sounds, by jsrs_aw159_c\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/AW159_Lynx_BAF/Sounds/

Updating base class ->Engine, by jsrs_aw159_c\config.cpp/CfgVehicles/AW159_Lynx_BAF/Sounds/Engine/

The interessting part on that one is: Updating base class ->Engine while on an A2 vehicle it says: Updating base class Engine->

For OA the -> is in front of the updated base, on A2 the -> is after the updated base. Maybe this mean something?

Jarhead

Updating base class SCAR_H_Single->SCAR_H_SD_Single, by x\ace\addons\c_ai_rof\config.bin/CfgWeapons/SCAR_H_STD_TWS_SD/SCAR_H_SD_Single/

Updating base class Single->Single, by x\acex\addons\c_wep_m16\config.bin/CfgWeapons/M4A1_HWS_GL/Single/

Updating base class MainTurret->MainTurret, by x\ace\addons\c_vehicle\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BAF_Jackal2_L2A1_D/Turrets/M2_Turret/

Updating base class MainTurret->MainTurret, by x\ace\addons\c_vehicle\config.bin/CfgVehicles/BAF_Jackal2_GMG_D/Turrets/GMG_Turret/

This is really strange, because my configs look already most like the ones in the Six Config Browser... did I have to change anything else on the configs.. they look already clean:

class Single;

class FullAuto;

class CfgWeapons

{

class M16_base;

class M4A1: M16_base

{

drySound[] = {"\JSRS_M4A1\Dry",1,1,20};

reloadMagazineSound[] = {"\JSRS_M4A1\Reload",1,1,20};

class Single: Single

{

begin1[] = {"\JSRS_M4A1\M4_s1",2,1,800};

begin2[] = {"\JSRS_M4A1\M4_s2",2,1,800};

begin3[] = {"\JSRS_M4A1\M4_s3",2,1,800};

begin4[] = {"\JSRS_M4A1\M4_s4",2,1,800};

soundBegin[] = {"begin1",0.25,"begin2",0.25,"begin3",0.25,"begin4",0.25};

};

class FullAuto: FullAuto

{

begin1[] = {"\JSRS_M4A1\M4_a1",2,1,800};

begin2[] = {"\JSRS_M4A1\M4_a2",2,1,800};

begin3[] = {"\JSRS_M4A1\M4_a3",2,1,800};

begin4[] = {"\JSRS_M4A1\M4_a4",2,1,800};

soundBegin[] = {"begin1",0.25,"begin2",0.25,"begin3",0.25,"begin4",0.25};

};

};

};

Any ideas? But hey, mainly my goel was to made the mod RPT free, and this is how it is right now. No ones said it have to work with other addons, or? I mean, if I only run A2CO with JSRS (FULL) theres no RPT anymore... thats what I was after.... what do you think?

Jarhead

Edited by LordJarhead

You've done your job then if you don't get any messages with vanilla ARMA. Nice work!