What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?  

179 members have voted

1. 1. What are the most important sounds for you while using JSRS?

• The weapon sounds!
    • The vehicle sounds!
    • Environmental sounds!
    • Explosions, Soniccracks, Bullethits, the sound of danger!
    • The script features like the "distance sounds"!
    • Everything combined! The whole Mod itself is important.

Can you release only a patch? And currently Im getting like 50kb/s :(. Anyway, great work, keep it up man.

I would, but I have no idea whats new at all... many changes on configs an stuff like this. You would need all configs, several Vehicle PBO and more. This might be the last real big load mate ;)

50kb/s is really good, I only get 46 :o he he he... slow german i-net stuff...

Jarhead

Ha ha, don't get too excited mates! There not many new things, but if its working this time, you would be able to play MP with that thing, because its clientside only I hope.. so no red servers anymore... ?!??!

Jarhead

So, preliminary testing and here's some of the weapons I stumbled over that are vanilla / very poor.

SPAS-12, it seems to mix between two different sounds but they are both weak, Half-life sounds. Is it included in your pack or is it vanilla?

M8 with Silencer is vanilla

The AS Val seems to be changing sounds randomly, take two-three different silenced sounds, it's weird.

That's what I have so far - Everything else is great, some of the sounds are giving me a slight hard-on, excellent work sir :)

Edited by Sethos

So, preliminary testing and here's some of the weapons I stumbled over that are vanilla / very poor.

SPAS-12, it seems to mix between two different sounds but they are both weak, Half-life sounds. Is it included in your pack or is it vanilla?

M8 with Silencer is vanilla

The AS Val seems to be changing sounds randomly, take two-three different silenced sounds, it's weird.

That's what I have so far - Everything else is great, some of the sounds are giving me a slight hard-on, excellent work sir :)

Thanks mate,

Spas12 ist not a Arma2 weapon, I didn't edited this thing, seems to be ACE.

AS VAL have to be like this, its a little dirty weapon with short follow shot and a small magazine. I want it to be like that...

M8, ok, thats my one, but I didn't address the entry in the config, should be no problem for a small patch later ;)

And the RPT? As long you play without any other mods it seems to be clear??

Jarhead

Oh yeah, having a hard time differing between ACE and default weapons at this point, my bad. As for the Val, I can see where you're going with the different sounds and all but honestly it doesn't sound very immersive, just sounds like several sound mods are trying to battle each other but hey, that's just me :)

As for RPT errors, I don't know :) Not even sure where I'm supposed to see these, so better wait and see what the people reporting the RPT errors are saying.

Oh and future request, purely a luxury, will you start focusing on some of the ACE weapons at some point? Would love to see some love to the HK416/417 with your quality sounds :D

I'll use the sound-mod for a while and hopefully it'll grow on me.

Oh yeah, having a hard time differing between ACE and default weapons at this point, my bad. As for the Val, I can see where you're going with the different sounds and all but honestly it doesn't sound very immersive, just sounds like several sound mods are trying to battle each other but hey, that's just me :)

As for RPT errors, I don't know :) Not even sure where I'm supposed to see these, so better wait and see what the people reporting the RPT errors are saying.

Oh and future request, purely a luxury, will you start focusing on some of the ACE weapons at some point? Would love to see some love to the HK416/417 with your quality sounds :D

I'll use the sound-mod for a while and hopefully it'll grow on me.

Well, after playing a while with ACE I was fellt totally in love with it. So my future plans would be to cover all ACE weapons, but first JSRS have to be really good and error-free! After that, I would take some focus on ACE weapons and Project Zero.

Did ACE crashing on your side too from time to time? Maybe its just me, using to much other mods at once... :rolleyes:

Jarhead

Well, after playing a while with ACE I was fellt totally in love with it. So my future plans would be to cover all ACE weapons, but first JSRS have to be really good and error-free! After that, I would take some focus on ACE weapons and Project Zero.

Did ACE crashing on your side too from time to time? Maybe its just me, using to much other mods at once... :rolleyes:

Jarhead

Sounds perfect. Yeah, focus should be an error free experience and then just expand on that. So you getting into ACE is sweet music to my ears.

As for ACE crashing, I can honestly say, never. Works perfectly for me and never had any issues with it, just keeping it updated through the Six Updater and everything's golden :) Using around 20+ other mods, mostly Islands but Blastcore, Zeus and JTD addons as well.

Edited by Sethos

Jarhead

Thats totally freaking awesome!

Ein wenig Aufwachmusik für dich

http://ccmixter.org/files/Loveshadow/21790

Good news LJ,

MEGA. Thanks for your efforts creating this soundmod. DL'ing finished right now.

Dann wollen wir mal :)

After a while dl speed went up so finally I have the new version. First two things I noticed.

There is jsrs_zu23_c.pbo and jsrs_maverick_c.pbo in both VW and V folders. I think this two files should only be in VW (vehicle weapons) folder?

Will give it a try later on, though.

Its for you to get rid of the errormessages when playing A2 alone, or with OA alone... if you don't have CO. But this will getting updated with next small patch

Jarhead

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

After a while dl speed went up so finally I have the new version. First two things I noticed.

There is jsrs_zu23_c.pbo and jsrs_maverick_c.pbo in both VW and V folders. I think this two files should only be in VW (vehicle weapons) folder?

Will give it a try later on, though.

Yes, right! My mistake^^ Right mate, into the VW folder..

Jarhead

Is the M6 Lineback a part of Vanilla or ACE, can't remember. Anyhoot, it appears your sound-mod does change all the sounds on it but the idle sound is broken, like an extremely fast loop of a sound and it's really bad.

The fact that your gonna cover ACE sounds in the future is the best news so far! Also thanks heaps for this release!

Might be an config error. I basicly know how to fix this, but I have to check out if its really my mod. If you really want to test things, please mate, do it WITHOUT ACE! Of course there are some strange things, ACE also playing around with much more stuff, other systems on weapons and vehicles, so I guess its changing config stuff too.

I cannot fix stuff when I not even sure if its because of my mod or because of several mods... thats the point...

Jarhead

Well, in case it is ACE, will you just shrug it off to it being another mod or will you actually work around the ACE config?

I guess there is no way to work around. ACE is even work around MY mod. The Gau8 for example, no matter what priority JSRS has in the loadorder or in the launcher, ACE always brings his GAU8 on top, which is really sad. I had an nice Gau8 sound...

Jarhead

I guess there is no way to work around. ACE is even work around MY mod. The Gau8 for example, no matter what priority JSRS has in the loadorder or in the launcher, ACE always brings his GAU8 on top, which is really sad. I had an nice Gau8 sound...

Jarhead

That's a shame, as I only play with ACE, so having a vehicle making that kind of noise would be instant bleeding from my ears :P That's why I wouldn't want to test it without ACE as that's completely pointless for me, I can deal with not having ACE sounds but I need the ACE compatibility - Sorry :) Perhaps talk to Anders or Konrad about this. Using Sounds of Anders, he seems to have it working fine with ACE, perhaps he can help you out?

what did you change on the new one ? can we have a brief changelog ?

Edit : don't read what i wrote i found it on armaholic ;)

That's a shame, as I only play with ACE, so having a vehicle making that kind of noise would be instant bleeding from my ears :P That's why I wouldn't want to test it without ACE as that's completely pointless for me, I can deal with not having ACE sounds but I need the ACE compatibility - Sorry :) Perhaps talk to Anders or Konrad about this. Using Sounds of Anders, he seems to have it working fine with ACE, perhaps he can help you out?

There is a way to get my Gau8 sounds with ACE, you could just delete the ace_sys_A10.pbo which mostly contains the sounds. Than you would have the "beauty of the voice"! Are there any more vehicles with that strange sounds?

Jarhead

A big thanks for the new release on you're sound mod LordJarhead, take a well deserved time of on it ;) You delivered a master peace here. I will enjoy it for a long time :D

at this point no errors ;-)

kind regards

Edited by KBourne