Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

...huge machine gun that the marines assembled inside a doorway that punched holes clean through...

This alone is enough to convince me that this all is a big pile of bullcrap. Unless a miracle has happened, I find it extremely hard to believe that RR will contain something that resembles BF:BC-style destruction, especially when I look back at DR and it's "physics".

This alone is enough to convince me that this all is a big pile of bullcrap. Unless a miracle has happened, I find it extremely hard to believe that RR will contain something that resembles BF:BC-style destruction, especially when I look back at DR and it's "physics".

Especially if its detailed enough to simulate individual bulletholes. :rolleyes:

lol, He said he has a video, But we all told him not to upload it. Pretty much a catch 22. If he's telling the truth he must upload the video, but if he uploads the video he will get banned and it will immedietly be removed and his brother/friend would get court issues from breaking NDA... And if he doesn't, all the info is worthless.

How convenient. Your not playing silly buggers are you Ben?

How convenient. Your not playing silly buggers are you Ben?

Huh? You can check that thread if you like, Whether he has seen gameplay or not. Revealing videos of it without permission could break any NDA's his brother has signed. Which is why uploading the video (if it even exists..) was il-advised and the thread was locked.

As much as I would have liked him to upload the video, Fucking around with NDA's is something you shouldn't ever try to do.

That's as in-game as Ian Malcolm's CGI pic with OFP: Resistance units in 3d Max, or as he said it "[Resistance buildings, some unreleased units]" [1], back in 2005. :D

Funny I remembered that. Shame I can't find that picture. :(

*digs in old screen collection*

There you go

ofprsshotb.th.jpg

Ah good memories, I remember seeing that screenshot and hoping that some day the engine would look like that that..even better now. How many old shots do you have, all of the original "OFP2" and Armed Assault?

Hmm many screens of OFP, ArmA and A2 but mainly RHS wip stuff with many many things that never was released.

Maybe someday i open a thread for everyone to post about never released projects but we derail the thread so i better stop now :)

Sounds like someone's telling stories out of school. I wonder what would give me more enjoyment: If RR actually did turn out to be the holy grail in fps gaming; or if after all the hype, RR turned into another huge, smoking turd and I could return to this space to chuckle with self satisfaction.

Sounds like someone's telling stories out of school. I wonder what would give me more enjoyment: If RR actually did turn out to be the holy grail in fps gaming; or if after all the hype, RR turned into another huge, smoking turd and I could return to this space to chuckle with self satisfaction.

Well, It could turn out to be good..... Errr.... lol, I don't know why I keep up with this.

wasn't it confirmed that RR was going to be infantry only? no controllable vics or air units?

wasn't it confirmed that RR was going to be infantry only? no controllable vics or air units?

Well, They said you can drive hummers and a few other vehicles... But yeah, Totaly infantry based.

Not sure if he's telling the truth or not. Its just basicly the only *good* info there is on Red River. Some things look nice, Choosing location to land insert helo, tracer rounds for SMAW's, entry/exit anims for vehicles? The things we asked for back in the old DR request threads... Perhaps they DID listen to us? (well, on some parts at least)

LOL someone pulled a fast one on you Ben, the Codemasters developers are claiming it's a hoax.

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/general-discussion-1335/446223-replayability-5.html#post6763578

Operation Flashpoint Red River is a FAIL TURD

LOL someone pulled a fast one on you Ben, the Codemasters developers are claiming it's a hoax.

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/general-discussion-1335/446223-replayability-5.html#post6763578

Operation Flashpoint Red River is a FAIL TURD

Well, I never said it was true... or that any of it existed. Just that he claimed to have seen gameplay. ;)

Originally Posted by hitman 2 View Post

where can i see this gameplay footage? it seems many people have now seen it.

Quote by Spy81

I don't think there ever was any footage. People under NDA rarely ever talk about anything they have seen, so it's likely a fraud. According to Tim Browne's Twitter, there are several things he mentioned that aren't even in the game.

Yeah we know that those Features wont be in this Game :p

People actually believe that Codemasters would put Smaw Tracers and vehicle animations in Red River.

My god....

Those features would never be in a COD like game FPDR

New IGN preview.

Does it make anyone else cry a little inside hearing Berghoff speak in such a stereotypical "America! Fuck yea!" style? :(

I didn't even bother reading the rest of the preview. Just your typical hype-driving dribble.

Well, The video there definantly looks something along the lines of what we all thought it would ned up being. BF style..

It looks, Decent. But not a OFP in any way, shape or form. But still, it looks like a fun, decent FPS, A change to the BF/COD, but not so large and as brutal as ArmA.

To me it looks more like it's trying to be the new Medal of Honor than Call of Duty or Battlefield, especially the 1st person scenes of the player sprinting with a SAW. If I didn't know any better I'd say that was MOH at first glance.

From the preview

OK, so if the last Operation Flashpoint felt convoluted and annoyingly "authentic" to you ...
People generally slammed Flashpoint's absurdly complex command wheels in the last game ...

FPDR

And the rest tells you about a up-scaling in arcade simplicity and the dumbing down of features. The last breath of the very definition of OFP/OPF has ceased to be.

Well, the fact that running animation looks better than ArmA's or DR's one doesn't mean it must be the same like BF gameplay wise. Actually, it looks better than I expected.

Article talks about more mainstream approach, but doesn't mention anything serious. Healing system change isn't such a big step from DR, autoaim can be turned off...I would wait to actual fluent gameplay before final judgement, but as I know this community, this game is already burried 2m below the ground and it would be even if it looked 350% better.

Lol, the article's name has been changed to "This Operation Flashpoint Will Make Fans See Red". Seems IGN know more than Codemasters. :p

Did ANYONE here seriously think the video would be anything different?

So far, It looks like a good, tactical shooter. Like a mix of ghost recon and the older BF's (like BF2)...

Its certianly NOT another Operation Flashpoint, But it looks so far to be a decent enough FPS. I doubt its worth the *whatever* price its gonna be though..

p.s. Thats the first time i've ever seen more than 2 tanks in the EGO engine at once. xD

Edited by Ben_S

Graphically impressive. The soldier models especially look good, this time. They also seem to have improved the animations over DR. Textures on the vehicles are a tad blurry though...

Lots of fancy words and pictures, but I won´t trust this game to be good until I´ve tried myself. Everybody can pull off nice graphics nowadays: what counts is how the game plays.

It is a turd. It doesnt matter what and how much they polish everything up, it has dumped so much that should have made it worthwhile that at the end of the day, it's still a turd.

Perhaps only a shiney one.