Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

I think CM learned their lesson. Crap can sell. So why not promise more crap on a regular basis?

Exactly. And they are trying to see if, by removing "good" functions from the old crap (such as the mission editor), the new crap will still meet some customers. It's not a game company, it's an experiment to check how much crap one average customer can buy.

Exactly. And they are trying to see if, by removing "good" functions from the old crap (such as the mission editor), the new crap will still meet some customers. It's not a game company, it's an experiment to check how much crap one average customer can buy.

There is no limit to the crap you can sell. You can sell a 8-bit side scrolling shooter coded during weekend by one guy for consoles and people will buy it after they see a cool CGI trailer.

CM just need to glance at Activision to see that people are willing to pay A LOT for feces. Activision keeps selling the same dung they've sold for a few years now with the CoD-series, and despite it being the exact same dung every time more people than ever thinks it's a marvelous idea to cash out $60 for Black Ops.

If that's not encouragement for Conmasters to make absolutely no effort at all in making a decent product I don't know what is.

What a joke....kinda like the game was, serves em right nice lil wannabe corridor shooter like BF or COD series. Aint even worth lookin at anymore. Only reason the sold what they sold was due to the name of the original game.

I just found this so I apologize for it being a little old.

"Codemasters Guildford loses general manager

General manager Adrian Bolton has parted ways with developer Codemasters Guildford, not long after the unexpected exit of creative director Stuart Black."

SOURCE

Stuart Black is out? I didn´t know he left the Studio. Well if he is away, the game is dead for sure. Now the other rats are leaving the sinking ship

stupid quesion - what such manager has to game idea, game that already is in development and Sion left ?

I can only imagine :

"We here at CM care about our user feedback .

One of the things that the PC users complained about the most was the radial command menu from DR not fully integrating with a mouse and keyboard control scheme .

That is why for RR , we are removing keyboard and mouse support completely , thus the PC users can enjoy our new award winning TACTICAL FPS with a gamepad controller , just as it meant to be played. "

Who knows ...:(

Ahahhaha this is priceless!!

"We couldnt get this to work so we got rid of it"

"We here at CM dont care about our user feedback .

One of the many things that the PC users complained about the most was the radial command menu from DR not designed properly with a normal keyboard control scheme .

That is why for RR , we are removing All support completely , thus the PC users can enjoy our new award winning ballshiting with a gamepad controller , just as it meant to be played on a console. "

Wow... lots of people leaving there. I wonder if OF:RR will be affected by this at all. Even though, I doubt it... what´s really interesting is the turnover of manpower they have in the lower ranks, because that´s where it´s decided wether or not there´s a good work atmosphere, which in turn affects how well a game is put together.

Show me a point where it was ever floating. ;)

When it was with BIS :)

Well I'd hardly consider the OFP games being made by Codemasters to be of the same family (or same species for that matter) as OFP.

Well I'd hardly consider the OFP games being made by Codemasters to be of the same family (or same species for that matter) as OFP.

I meant, CM's "ship" was floating when it was back with BIS when they made the original OFP. (CM did very little, like the voice acting, and thats about as much credit I will give them for the originals)

What? Are those the EXACT SAME pre-renders concept art pictures they released months ago, only without the crazy lens effects? :D Way to go...

Some of them are the old ones, some of them are new (or at least, I've never seen them), and they're all in higher resolution.

Pictures 3, 4 and 5 are the older ones.

I guess I was being naive to expect something like, I don't know, in-game shots, this early.

Oh look, it's MW2! Oh wait... MW2 didn't have Marines.

And I thought DR's target renders were off.

3D renders? Again? Are you kidding me? Was absolutely nothing learned? Is it really going to be the exact same thing all over again. I'm normally not one for dramatic posts but this is like going into a warzone and using a tactic that worked for awhile and rallied others, but later caused you vast amounts of casaulties, and then you're going to go back into it and use the exact same tactic.

Edited by NodUnit

Those aren't even 3d renders, but rather 2d concept art screens...

Anyhow, they are not fooling anyone anymore i guess.

Last time i checked the RR forums, there were dead, and there was a post about a very important press release...and that was 2 weeks ago

Those aren't even 3d renders, but rather 2d concept art screens...

Anyhow, they are not fooling anyone anymore i guess.

Last time i checked the RR forums, there were dead, and there was a post about a very important press release...and that was 2 weeks ago

Yet, history tell us that someone can really fool others all the time;)