Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

CWC style (yes, he actuallyed mentioned the original game)

Of course he did. Continuing to take credit for the original, selling off of it's reputation. They can't really take credit for DR now can they. That would be like proudly taking credit for slavery, or the holocaust.

Of course he did. Continuing to take credit for the original, selling off of it's reputation. They can't really take credit for DR now can they. That would be like proudly taking credit for slavery, or the holocaust.

Wow, A little over the top with a few of those statements? its alright to bash CM on DR, but bashing this one guy and refering to it as taking credit for the holocaust because he works for CM and said he has played a BIS game. Thats a little harsh.....

Who said the 2 images released by CM are from RealtimeUK ?

Ahh...bit of a mix up there it seems.

Still, it doesn't alter the fact that one would have to be a very very niave person to think that they are actual walking-around-in-the-game-screen shots. Had RR gone so "hardcore" - like crap heavy metal & concrete - that there is no HUD? Or is the player character such a bad ass he needs no weapons? Whats the player doing on the floor there? Looking at his squad mate how awsome looking he is with that a-10 flying over? The only thing that looks as if its from a game in that particular shot is the soldier model. The rest just doesnt gel as in game graphics. CM havn't built a new engine for this have they? Something so groundbreaking the background and even the gun looks like the same as the infamous publicity renders?

Though I will say, if when the game is released and you can find me a part of an actual mission that mirrors that screenshot, looking that good, I will not only rush out and buy a hat, but I'll serve it with a selection of caps and other assorted headwear, set a dining table up, silver service, and tuck in with a nice bottle of chilled piss to wash it down with.

But, trust in CM. Have faith in thier "work", and maybe Jesus will deliver the game gift wrapped in rainbows & granted wishes trailed by fluffy bunnies, bluebirds and leprechauns all singing Zippity Doo Dah.

Good day to you Sir!

Well, here's a little something interesting...

I'm presuming their intentions were to make that cool, but perhaps someone should inform Codemasters that... Nothing at all happened in that trailer. Even as their transport was taking fire, the guys still very calmly "prepared" for what we didn't even get to see.

Nice to know their priorities are in the right place - spending money on actors, props, CGI, film equipment, and even the rights to use Cash's music... Rather than on the game itself. Gotta make it look good somehow, right? :rolleyes:

Edited by Zipper5

Some people could take that as "Sorry, we're too ashamed to let you see what our game actually looks like, we're going to cut away before you see too much". :p

Some people could take that as "Sorry, we're too ashamed to let you see what our game actually looks like, we're going to cut away before you see too much". :p

Was my thought.

I wonder if this is the start of the RR lie machine publicity campaign.

OK so they used 2 super stallions to transport ...prob a dozen men ?

And they were taking AA fire from 2 positions and they were like ... :cool:

If the game does not have dedicated server , then this prob. expensive live action trailer is a big F U to the PC community... oh wait ...:rolleyes:

I don't think those fellows were wearing parachutes :(

edit: It's difficult to see but it looks like they're high over the ground when they disembark.

Edited by Max Power

Well, here's a little something interesting...

I'm presuming their intentions were to make that cool, but perhaps someone should inform Codemasters that... Nothing at all happened in that trailer. Even as their transport was taking fire, the guys still very calmly "prepared" for what we didn't even get to see.

Nice to know their priorities are in the right place - spending money on actors, props, CGI, film equipment, and even the rights to use Cash's music... Rather than on the game itself. Gotta make it look good somehow, right? :rolleyes:

Seeing an english publisher/wannabeproducer setting up promos with some wannabe usmc honchos while the whole world knows how badass a simple scot kiddo (no offense) can look in an ordinary ross kemp docu is just sad ..... CM delivers once again :thumb_down:

Debut Trailer fail

Lets show the gamers first person view! Lets see our beautiful game in real time.

*White screen comes in*

F***********************CK!

QUICK GO TO THE CREDITS!

*Cues fail horn*

lol, everyone here is acting stupid over a trailer. Its quite funny. Its not even ingame footage, its reallife mixed with CGI. :p

LOL! Maybe CM should think of making a movie instead a game! Obviously they know how to deliver nice CGI but that's all it is.. I wonder how ArmA 2 would have looked in CGI if BIS had decided to make a hype. :D

We'd be greately skeptical, dissapointed when we see the gameplay got shafted to make funds for better marketting then we would be furious and break out the pitch forks, if BIS removed gameplay features there would be very little "perhaps it is for the best.." and more "WTF!"

I also love the comment about being 'brave' "Brave is being the only one who knows you are afraid"..what BS, brave is being scared and frightened but facing that fear anyway.

Edited by NodUnit

In related news, I hate that goddamned song. Honestly, I turned off the last episode of Generation Kill the second it came on. It's like some old dude half whacked on scotch rambling. +50 damage to anyone who owns it or otherwise in any format.

lol, everyone here is acting stupid over a trailer. Its quite funny. Its not even ingame footage, its reallife mixed with CGI. :p

We recognize that. We're simply pointing out that the HUD comes in at the end, so perhaps we might have gotten to see some ingame footage if CM actually had more than 2 brain cells to rub together. It seems to be in a state where ingame footage is at least presentable as we already have those two COD-like pictures.

We recognize that. We're simply pointing out that the HUD comes in at the end, so perhaps we might have gotten to see some ingame footage if CM actually had more than 2 brain cells to rub together. It seems to be in a state where ingame footage is at least presentable as we already have those two COD-like pictures.

Fair enough.....

OK now BIS just has to make a super stallion :D

(maybe the PMC Release was delayed because of this.....;) )

And maybe CM should start making B- Movies instead of Games, maybe they are better at that. But honestly I really had to lol when the Transport came under Fire and this one guy had nothing better to do then to get at the Window to record this. I think the Window is the very last place where you want to be in this Situation....

I also love the comment about being 'brave' "Brave is being the only one who knows you are afraid"..what BS, brave is being scared and frightened but facing that fear anyway.

"Being brave is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway". - John Wayne. (IIRC)

They proably went through the whole list of "you're dead" quotes from CWC & Armed Assault looking for the kewlest one and changed it a bit. Mmm, CM going through CWC and changing something good into something shit...how novel.

I would say, looking at the Codemasters forum and then other places, like the comments section on the CVG article for it, that not many people outside of the CM forum seem to like the new trailer. Seems people actually like gameplay in their game trailers. :p

be thankful that they didnt use AC/DC song, otherwise they will ruin the song and the band:p

be thankful that they didnt use AC/DC song, otherwise they will ruin the song and the band:p

Well CM certainly gave Operation Flashpoint The Jack with FPDR

first screenshots also released.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=177006605648555&set=a.177006602315222.48692.147516158597600

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=177006662315216&set=a.177006602315222.48692.147516158597600

They weren´t joking when they said "we have a new postprocessing system".

HOLY SUGAR SUCKING COW. GLARE out of the FLIPPING WINDOW.

Their shaders look pretty advanced too, no wonder with the Ego engine, that seems to be the main thing it can do, look fancy. However, the GAMEPLAY is where it´s at.