Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

From the preview

FPDR

And the rest tells you about a up-scaling in arcade simplicity and the dumbing down of features. The last breath of the very definition of OFP/OPF has ceased to be.

That's complex? Put them in steel beasts 2, Janes Longbow 2 or DCS A-10 and then we'll talk about complexity. I stopped reading when I saw "trying to appeal to larger audiences", that is always a flashing red light.

Well, the fact that running animation looks better than ArmA's or DR's one doesn't mean it must be the same like BF gameplay wise. Actually, it looks better than I expected.

Article talks about more mainstream approach, but doesn't mention anything serious. Healing system change isn't such a big step from DR, autoaim can be turned off...I would wait to actual fluent gameplay before final judgement, but as I know this community, this game is already burried 2m below the ground and it would be even if it looked 350% better.

Of course not, many people here actually (sort of) gave DR a chance and then after release they basicly gave their community the finger. We are hardly going to go gentle, I infact cannot wait for it to happen again so I can smear it in the faces of everyone who went for it after having gone through the first one, call it immature if you want but I remained quiet the first time, now if they fall for it again then they deserve absolutely NO mercy.

And we're not ripping on the game because of its looks so much but for what they did, dropped support, 'dlc' that lets you explore the island that you should have been able to from the start, removing moddability, tether remaining, taking already implimented assets out, dumbing down the difficulty and so on.

However IF by some miracle CM pulls their head out of their ass and supports the game afterwards, patches and promotes the community to modding then I will eat my own words until then there is not a good thing they can say beforehand that will convince anyone who knows of the first.

Edited by NodUnit

Mod tools and a mission editor are officially confirmed to not be coming for any version of the game, therefore don't expect any modding to be done of any sort.

Oh my...

I thought they would have at least spruced up the engine a bit more than that.

Why are they still using the annoying blue/green filter from 'Skira,' when it's set in Central Asia? The model textures look exactly like Dragon Rising - even though they somehow seemed to look better in the previous vidya. The PLA models we saw looked to have had one or two of their facial shadows tweaked... and that's it. The PLA helicopter looked worse than the first game.

The catastrophic damage feature looks incredibly tasteless: if I wanted gibs, I would play Painkiller, or some Halloween gore-fest like that.

Every single feature is ripped-off. Nothing that's released is more than 40% original ideas, but this has nothing, unless you count removed features. I know people will say 'but Tajikistan is a real country,' but it really looks like they 'researched' the vegetation and buildings from Operation Arrowhead. The insurgents look uncannily like those from Medal of Honor (the shit one).

'We call those B-mods. You buy them with experience points.' Oh, come on, you don't really want to copy COD, do you?

Clearly, Lenton and crew have been given a shoe-string budget and one last chance to make back the development costs from the 'death march' cycle that was Dragon Rising.

Edited by Richey79

Mod tools and a mission editor are officially confirmed to not be coming for any version of the game, therefore don't expect any modding to be done of any sort.

And without a mission editor the game isn't going to get that community support that DR got. Hell, DR didn't get much. But what It DID get was a huge change in the game.

The no mission editor is really, the only major problem I see with RR as of now. Looking at everything in the "bigger perspective", Not much else seems to be THAT much of a problem for me, at least.

I prefer infantry fighting, I like small Coop games, I like FPS' with a tactical twist (not that I don't like ArmA, or don't like CoD/BF, Of which I like both), I like the idea of a form of class setup and XP (if done correctly, It can add to the replayability. So long as it doesn't go overboard like cod) ...

Obviously, theres alot I do not like about RR as well. Overall, all the "good" wont make up for such a loss as a mission editor quickly. If at all.

I want to smoke what the crew and lenton are smoking back on Conmaster island. :)

What kind of logic are these twits using?

Trying to win over a couple million sales by making a COD like game, did they not understand yet that Call of Duty has a F**KING MULTIPLAYER COMPONENT!!?

Im sure the typical COD bloke will walk into gamestop and go Operation Flashpoint Red River, wow this looks good ill buy it

No they will be saving their money for DLC 1-DLC 100 for $15 dollars a pop

Your game will offer small replayability, COD games offer alot of replayability see the differance Lenton.

This is why the world cant have nice things. :mad:

Still looks a lot slower pace and tactical then COD/MOH, and for that reason alone ill probably end up getting it later on.

Ill play the game for what it is, im not going to get my knickers in a twist and make a big drama about it being codemasters and the name its using.

Wait a little before you buy, im sure it will be on a steam madness sale for 2,50$ like its predecessor soon after release.

And after the demo it wasnt even worth that much to me...

When i saw the stuff at 2:00 i knew that the cool kids will love this game...

Yeah I'm all for gore but that might be a bit over the top..generally it would just be wounds like what we have in OFP/AA/A2/OA, only heavier equipment would cause that much damage and if it blows a chunk that big out of you changes are you're body's disconnected from the waist down or your head is MIA.

I can't help but wonder if they saw force unleashed 2's 'gore', cutting off limbs and heads..makes me wonder if that is going to be the next big thing for games in which case get ready for the barriage of "Do games cause violence?" I wouldn't be surprised if that feature gets removed before release.

Edited by NodUnit

Yeah I'm all for gore but that might be a bit over the top..generally it would just be wounds like what we have in OFP/AA/A2/OA, only heavier equipment would cause that much damage and if it blows a chunk that big out of you changes are you're body's disconnected from the waist down or your head is MIA.

I can't help but wonder if they saw force unleashed 2's 'gore', cutting off limbs and heads..makes me wonder if that is going to be the next big thing for games in which case get ready for the barriage of "Do games cause violence?" I wouldn't be surprised if that feature gets removed before release.

Well, I just had a look at some game-suitability rating criteria (PEGI, ESRB) and they both have "intense violence" and "strong language" in the same group... and since we already know that RR will contain a "sh*tload of fuc*s" to impress the kids, I think it is safe to assume that gore will stay in.

uh..... Gore is completely fine. I'm sure this game will be trash, but it's a little ironic that Arma players are concerned about the realism level in RR; yet you complain about realistic damage to the character models. A 50 Cal would rip someone to shreds.

The catastrophic damage feature looks incredibly tasteless: if I wanted gibs, I would play Painkiller, or some Halloween gore-fest like that.

It looks more like the characters have been bitten by sharks than anything.

uh..... Gore is completely fine. I'm sure this game will be trash, but it's a little ironic that Arma players are concerned about the realism level in RR; yet you complain about realistic damage to the character models. A 50 Cal would rip someone to shreds.

Many here will go out of their way to find reasons to hate this game. Gore is a good example, ive seen countless posts here with everyone in agreement a gore system would be welcome in ARMA2 yet CM put it on RR and its only there "as its the next big thing to impress the kidies".

Many here will go out of their way to find reasons to hate this game. Gore is a good example, ive seen countless posts here with everyone in agreement a gore system would be welcome in ARMA2 yet CM put it on RR and its only there "as its the next big thing to impress the kidies".

Well I won't lie, I don't think it's 'coincidence' that this game is shifting to a broader audience with, intense violence and strong language, I wouldn't go so far as to say 'kiddies' but dirty play is certainly afoot.

Now if I hear 'wanting to convey some of the gruesome reality's of war' then I might stop and think "Oh well that makes sense.. As for now it's too early to fully jump on, we've only seen a few seconds worth of footage but it can't be denied that it does attract the impressionable.

COD black ops, I saw a video on youtube where a mans throat is cut rather gruesomly in the river, most of the replies were around the lines of "Wow that kill was so gorey this game is awesome!" then when you play a game (say for example CSS) and nearly every kid that comes into the server on the mic uses a swear word every other word, it's obvious that they would get referenced.

Edited by NodUnit

Yes, Its like the way lots of people welcome the commo rose in things like PR ... but not when its in any other game. :rolleyes:

What about shotguns, Everyone spent a time bashing CM because it put shotguns in. "haha they're going even more CoD like with shotguns :D", Next thing you know, PMC with shotguns, Oh but thats totaly different....... :rolleyes:

That's silly, who would accuse DR of being more COD like for having shotguns, hell thats not so unrealistic either. Never used the rose in DR so I can't say, I think some people said it was difficult to use compared to bf2's?

Edited by NodUnit

hat about shotguns, Everyone spent a time bashing CM because it put shotguns in. "haha they're going even more CoD like with shotguns :D", Next thing you know, PMC with shotguns, Oh but thats totaly different....... :rolleyes:

What? ArmA2 came with 2 shotguns.

Its exactly the same..

except they're really pushing it. They're attempting to copy OA with their dirt bike racing engine, and all the art, ingame videos, is amazing. I mean it really looks top notch and like a fun game, but once you get ingame you'll realize its a pile of junk and once they 'drop support' (I guess that means they have staff playing the game just to populate it a bit) it'll drop down to 0 servers just like OFP2. Its really a pile of junk with a big company that has 5x better advertising and video-making skills than BI (no offense) and proof that if you can't be original then you can't be good.

A game that attempts to copy a game, in this case Operation Arrowhead, is worse than a game trying to be good by its own. They make a shitload of money and no one likes the game, however they successfully pull it off without ruining their reputation. The only thing I dislike is also the better advertising gets lots of supporters and players fast, and they actually compare Arma2 to OFP2 which is like comparing a tank to a caveman. Signing up in their forums/game sites is hard and never works for me too, I'd imagine if you actually buy their games it'll sign you up in 2 seconds though.. If it actually worked to sign up there I bet they'd get lots more complaints and critics too instead of purely supporters on their site.

Is BI ever going to bring either arma series to xbox? I played the crap out of ofp elite for the original xbox!!! I want to see another newer version for the console! If codemasters can't carry on making it the way it as meant to ( map editor ) then hopefully BI will move in for the kill. I'd buy a copy for both systems if they did!

Its BIS Fanboyism for ya.

I also want a gore system in Arma 2 if its so realistic and all, I hate shooting people in games with .50 cal and only see them flop over.

Anyways Dragon Crap had Gore in it too did nobody notice it, was decent Call of Duty World At war had some Brutal gore skeleton models.

ah oh Now im going to be classified as a console kiddy. :j: