Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

I rage quit their forums, spent way too long being hyped up by those morons. Everyone there is delusional. They think RR will be decent...

God, they model their weapons from airsoft guns for christs sake!

Its BIS Fanboyism for ya.

No. It's different people expressing different opinions. Then, other people (like you) compile hundreds of different people into a single personality for you to call hypocrisy on. +1 internets for you.

I actually quite like the gore so far, I'll just reserve judgment until I see it working in-game and how they implement it. If it will be realisitc, good for RR. If it will be like Soldier of Fortune 3... FFFUUUUU :p

No. It's different people expressing different opinions. Then, other people (like you) compile hundreds of different people into a single personality for you to call hypocrisy on. +1 internets for you.

Wow +1 Internets I feel highly proud of myself sir.

maybe its possible to get out of this damn hole im in. :p

Anyways, reading the forums over there does make my gut swirl around. Looks like CM's super 1337 get rich quick ponzi scheme is going to work tis again.

@Myshaak

Everytime you shoot someone in RR, BOOM HEADSHOT *head flies off*, legs fly off, and with JDAMS everyone will just turn into a 2d Blood Particle effect. lol

Edited by Flash Thunder

If you look around the internet at the different reveal articles, Flash Thunder, you'll find that pretty much the only place their scheme is working so far is their forum. :p

If you look around the internet at the different reveal articles, Flash Thunder, you'll find that pretty much the only place their scheme is working so far is their forum. :p

Well, Nothing seems to be working for the forums at all. Constant throws up of Mission Editor talk and 8 hour campaign, 4 player coop, not alot of extra missions... etc

I still have hope for CM to do something with DR, I still have a gut feeling theres still something to come....

Although the German Gamestar states in their online issue that the landscape is finally looking more natural, towns are now looking like towns [in the video] instead of the throw-some-objects-onto-the-map-villages known from DR and that both the viewdistance and lighting is satisfying, they also state that vegetation details, animations and texture qualities are looking outdated. So, the overall graphic experience is sometimes giving a feeble impression - even to them.

Put that together with the 'no-fear-we-wont-dumb-flashpoint-down...um...let's-dumb-it-a-little-more-down-after-DR' speech and you'll get a solid view what is inbound in 2011. I really don't expect much.

Also, nearly all the comments there and at the PCGames online issue are negative regarding CM and their upcoming product.

Yeah I'm all for gore but that might be a bit over the top..generally it would just be wounds like what we have in OFP/AA/A2/OA, only heavier equipment would cause that much damage and if it blows a chunk that big out of you changes are you're body's disconnected from the waist down or your head is MIA.

7.62mm rounds effortlessly decimate the skull, amputate limbs, blow off hips and literally mangle the human body. A short stint in a combat support hospital in Iraq or Afghanistan would quickly educate you about the terrible carnage assault rifles cause.

Well I take my statement back then.

Not necessarily, if CM would just support their game long after it's release then they would be in far better waters with everyone, time shows that ANY developer willing to stand by their game and their community will earn geater results from more positive word of mouth.

I guess thought that costs more money than to hire actors, buy equipment and artists to create a CG and live action trailer.

Edited by NodUnit

I think it depends on whether or not it hits a bone and from what range. I remember reading something about Carlos Hathcock and his .50 bmg shooting days. He was talking about how sometimes it would take a few shots to take someone down with the .50 if it just passed through flesh at range. If it his bone, though, it would unload its energy and then you'd see the crazy stuff happen.

A neat post on the discovery channel forum.

http://community.discovery.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/9741919888/m/4041982359

Edited by Max Power

Now, the perks I saw were within the realm of reality and could be thought of as advanced training for certain aspects of a soldier's abilities. For example, a scout (the sniper class) could take an enhancement that would reduce the amount of bullet drop over long ranges. It's surely going to turn off sim-junkies, but this isn't the game for them, anyway.

oh wow, this is going to sell so well.. AHHAHAHAH!

7.62mm rounds effortlessly decimate the skull, amputate limbs, blow off hips and literally mangle the human body. A short stint in a combat support hospital in Iraq or Afghanistan would quickly educate you about the terrible carnage assault rifles cause.

100% Agreed, however why do i need this in a game in such detail other than to impress those that like the gore and this is mainly the teenager gamer who thinks hes cool when he plays gory games.

If RR was totally realistic i would understand it but as it seems to get pretty arcady again i think such stuff is only added to market the game to a wider audience which are usually those that already foudn Black ops not gory enough.

I mean, c´mon ripped of faces with a the skull visible... if i want to see that i go to ogrish or /b

And before anyone gets me completely wrong, gore is good in certain situations, in Fallout 3 for example i loved it as it was rather dark humor alike but in arcady shooters that think they are sims no thanks.

But only my 2cents, anyone feel free to think the exactly opposite.

"it doesn't need to compete with Call of duty. this game focuses on realism and the soldier's story, not over encompasing doom and unrealistic health regeneration. this game is military realism at its best. Dragon Rising was amazing and this one will no doubt be even better. thank you code masters for you dedication and focus on realism....oh one thing...GET BETTER VOICE ACTING PLEASE!!!!!"

( From Comments at G4TV.com )

Haha, he made my day :D

Also nice to see that in both communitys people nag about voiceacting

zLXoV0PCOn8

Nice to know the AI still can't hit... Anything, and that the recoil is still a set of pre-made animations.

---------- Post added at 13:50 ---------- Previous post was at 13:41 ----------

ARMA 2 @ Facebook:

ATTENTION!
ARMA 2's Lead Tester 'clocks in' the forthcoming A2: PMC's campaign, Operation Black Gauntlet, at "around 6-8 hours, at least"...

Check out our link for extra details on the upcoming single-player and co-op campaign!

God, I love BIS' sense of humor. :D

Maybe it's just me but I'm not disgusted by obviously fake pixel gore and I'm not a "13 year old ADHD kid", it's part of war and in a realistic milsim game like ArmA2 I wouldn't mind seeing some limbs ripped off by explosions or 50 Cal rounds. A more complex wounding system would open up new possibilities for the medic too.

With that said what I've seen in the Red River video looks more like something you would use in an anatomy educational software, as someone said those guys look more like they were bitten by sharks rather than shot.

The way I see it is if you are going to simulate killing and maiming a human being then you should be able to stomach accurately simulated ballistic trauma wounds.

Lenton blabbering

Beautiful lighting system which makes everything glow, blinding the player and rendering distant engagements impossible. Even ArmA2 is kind of guilty when it comes to bloom, I'm looking at you infamous glowing cows, thank God there's an option to downgrade or completely turn off bloom.

If I understand correctly you won't be able to pilot helicopters (I wonder why) other things will be dumbed down, no mods, not even editor, maybe there will be one or two DLCs, after that support will be dropped servers will go offline or turn into ghost towns.

I hope CM stops trying after this and sticks to racing games.

The way I see it is if you are going to simulate killing and maiming a human being then you should be able to stomach accurately simulated ballistic trauma wounds.

Our opinions differ.

Do I care about the ridiculous levels of gore in Treyarch's games? -No. I'm sure one or two speshul forces dudez in the history of mankind have stuck an oddly-shaped knife into someone's cortex; but for all intents and purposes, this is fiction.

Now, go look up a few videos from liveleaks of snipers taken from Al Jazeera. Ordinary people - who happen to be employed as soldiers - alive one second, the next, simply non-existant. No blown out back of the head. No marinara sauce. They just no longer exist.

Death is stupid and pointless. It's not 'Captain Price, remember to take account of the coriolis effect, fck yeah!'

People who have served in the forces play Arma2. Many of those know friends who have had their lives prematurely taken from them. They certainly don't need to see characters' limbs blown off by IEDs or 7.62 rounds in game for 'immersion'.

Is this concern slightly hypocritical? Probably.

If RR was a sim or anythign close to it then yes maybe as it isnt its just there for a bit controversy to sell more games.

In ArmA2 i could possibly live with it but still would be unsure why i would need such feature as its one of the aspects of war that noone really likes... at least i hope so.

In ArmA shoot out eyes and texture wound are enough for me to see a enemy is dead, but if you would be able to shoot a unit into gory peices then this maybe crosses a fine line.

Not to mention what such stuff could do to soldiers that just came home from duty or are still deployed somwhere.

Cant wait for the first Media reports about this extremely brutal new shootan game which Codemasters probably already calculated this as free promotion just like all the fuss with the new Medal of Honor was free promo for EA...

"Mom i want that one!"

;)

Edited by Shadow NX

Aint there more things other then "how many pieces of bodyparts get blown off the victim" to care about when in an engagement? I wouldnt mind to see bodyparts flying in sky after some heavy 155 pwnage, but seeing those in small arms engagement really is the last thing anyone would care about when they are shooting and being shot at.

After veiwing all the latest Red River gameplay footage that has been posted today I have to admit that it looks much better than I was expecting.

No doubt there won't be any fanatical Codemasters supporters found on this forum but to be truly honest I think Red River is going to be a big selling game.

I'll give them credit for one thing, it's a hell of a lot better than all the latest Ghost Recon/MOH/COD etc. shyte.

I've never said I want to see liters of blood splattering along with guts all over the place, I said the wounding system in ArmA2 could be a bit more complex, now we have one wounded texture which visibly pops in when you shoot an enemy, and even if you hit only his torso he's going to have a gaping hole on his forehead which is silly.

its one of the aspects of war that noone really likes

War is something no one really likes, yet we are petty fond of playing a game which accurately simulates equipment and procedures which are used in wars.

After veiwing all the latest Red River gameplay footage that has been posted today I have to admit that it looks much better than I was expecting.

No doubt there won't be any fanatical Codemasters supporters found on this forum but to be truly honest I think Red River is going to be a big selling game.

I'll give them credit for one thing, it's a hell of a lot better than all the latest Ghost Recon/MOH/COD etc. shyte.

It wont change the fact that it is a ripping off and dumbing down of good old names, like what happened on Ghost Recon and Rainbow six.

I've never said I want to see liters of blood splattering along with guts all over the place, I said the wounding system in ArmA2 could be a bit more complex, now we have one wounded texture which visibly pops in when you shoot an enemy, and even if you hit only his torso he's going to have a gaping hole on his forehead which is silly.

I agree with this, the wounding system in ArmA2 should be more than reworked in some area (as the whole damage system for vehicles), but that doesn't make OFP : RR a good game. I prefer ArmA2 as it is now than RR with the best damaging system in the world (which is far from being the case !)

Edited by ProfTournesol