Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

Ah yeah, the dudes who actually turn invisible and stuff. Yeah, I can smell it from here.

The "best" part of GRAW 2 was the intro trailer, where the team gets surprised by an Mi17 hiding about 20 metres away, and the team leader, bless his cotton socks, shouts "enemy helo!", because helicopters sneak up on elite troops all the damn time.

In a similar vein, the best part of the original GRAW was also the intro trailer, where the team is walking down the dead centre of a main street of a metropolis apparently teeming with enemies, only to halt with a tactic00l stop handsig yo when a random truckload of dudes comes flying out of a nearby alley.

I can never keep a straight face when I watch those pieces of made-for-12-year-olds crap.

Edited by CameronMcDonald

We've established that both games are utter shit, we've established that Codemasters have gone the way of EA, IW, etc. and we've established that Sion Lenton is a cunt.

this :D

We've established that both games are utter shit, we've established that Codemasters have gone the way of EA, IW, etc. and we've established that Sion Lenton is a cunt.

Really? Cmon... there's no need for that.

Clearly one is of a higher degree of shit than the other :)

As much as I hate the butchering of the OFP name I'm not sure a personal attack is deserved. Sion may be a lead developer but he's still just a front controlled by the higher ups, I doubt he is allowed to choose what he can and can not say.

Edited by NodUnit

Ah yeah, the dudes who actually turn invisible and stuff. Yeah, I can smell it from here.

The "best" part of GRAW 2 was the intro trailer, where the team gets surprised by an Mi17 hiding about 20 metres away, and the team leader, bless his cotton socks, shouts "enemy helo!", because helicopters sneak up on elite troops all the damn time.

In a similar vein, the best part of the original GRAW was also the intro trailer, where the team is walking down the dead centre of a main street of a metropolis apparently teeming with enemies, only to halt with a tactic00l stop handsig yo when a random truckload of dudes comes flying out of a nearby alley.

I can never keep a straight face when I watch those pieces of made-for-12-year-olds crap.

lmao this is so true!

As much as I hate the butchering of the OFP name I'm not sure a personal attack is deserved. Sion may be a lead developer but he's still just a front controlled by the higher ups, I doubt he is allowed to choose what he can and can not say.

Yeah. But there's good ways of saything things, and there's the totally wrong way. With Sion preferring the latter.

This.

I don't care if you flame the game, it may very well deserve it, but personal attacks on this guy are uncalled for. He's doing the job he was told to do : a shooter on consoles using the ego engine. He even stated publicly that if you want a simulation, there's Arma for that.

On thing I learned is to never do on the internet what I wouldn't do in real life. Do you know the guy personnaly ? Would you tell that to his face if you knew him ? Probably not, so behave. Anonimity doesn't supercede good manners.

And if that's not enough, it's against the rules of this forum.

Note : No I'm not related to CM, or Sion... It's just a question of education.

Has someone taken the time to figure out how much effective playing time this game provides? I mean, with no mission editor, no mods and no PvP, so only the campaign and some scripted corridor coop missions to go on, there can't be much variety once you've played through everything, can there?

I'm assuming it must get old pretty fast.

Has someone taken the time to figure out how much effective playing time this game provides? I mean, with no mission editor, no mods and no PvP, so only the campaign and some scripted corridor coop missions to go on, there can't be much variety once you've played through everything, can there?

I'm assuming it must get old pretty fast.

campaign on normal was 10 hours play, on hardcore :) love that saying lol would be about 10 hours of playing.

:)

Yeah, each campaign mission is about an hour long. Provided you aren't silly enough to wander away from your fireteam, you are pretty much invincible.

And is there any replay value? In my experience, a campaign in any game needs to either be dynamic, or have an amazing story in order to be compelling enough for multiple replays. As I understand it, RR's campaign is neither dynamic nor particularly interesting.

So that's 10 hours.

How many standalone SP and coop missions does the game have?

You get a nice packaging for a DVD, which you can use, if you lost another packaging.

And is there any replay value? In my experience, a campaign in any game needs to either be dynamic, or have an amazing story in order to be compelling enough for multiple replays. As I understand it, RR's campaign is neither dynamic nor particularly interesting.

So that's 10 hours.

How many standalone SP and coop missions does the game have?

It comes with a good coffee coaster, if that counts.

Standalone? 4 you can play straight off, you can unlock the other 4.

Apart from that you have the 10/11 mission campaign.

That's everything

Hi, i'd get the OFP: RR the other day, i'd played it (the campaign) and i'd get bored from mission 1 to mission 10. I hope that a lighting strikes on each member of that heretic developers team and kill 'em instantly for desecrate the name of the BIS Operation Flashpoint v1.10 or... that a bigger disgrace happens to everyone involved in such a big piece of shit. In other words... : The game is a shit and the developers of that game and Codemasters... deserve to die in a painfull way.

I'd though that the MOH was a shit when i'd seen it, but at the side of the OFP:RR it deserves an Oscar and a fuckin' Nobel. The only worst FPS that i can think about... is the Wolfenstein 3D. Let's C ya

Well, love arma 2. Have arma 2, arrowhead, all dlc's and so on. Tons of mods as well, love that game. And i hated the first game, but this game? I actually liked it. And staff sergeants knox quotes makes me laugh often. This game is actually not that bad. And please, don't be so dumb that you actually personally attacks the developers. They don't deserve it, its just a game.

The first game may have sucked so much, that there is not even a word for that level of suckiation. but, this game was good. Only thing i have to say that sucks? That there is no mission editior, and that bloddy annoying bleeding thing. That one day, that one time when somone says in a war. "Waait, i just have to use this medic thingy to patch my gunshot wound. Even tho i got shoot 9 times before this" Then pigs can fly. And it may be me who is bad at giving orders. But, my teammates run infront of the fire, even though i say "cover this area" and back and forth and so on.

Codemasters should maybe stick to making cars running on a dirt, because they are in a reace, instead of making cars with guns on them. But, this game - was actually not that bad. If they make a new game, where they are able to either gtfo with this bleeding thingy, include helicopters, have the option to either say gtfo to your teammates, or make them invincible. And, have a good mission editor and a better MP. Then, that will probably become a very good game.

This game was atleast much better than that shitty'fucking game called black ops. Even empty new folders have a bigger entertainment value than that game.

And as that DEV said. If you want a sim, play arma 2. This game just have a little simulation in itself, but that's not really an important part of it.

Inb4 To long, didn't read. P.S I feel that most of you hate this game because everyone else do. Its like justin bieber, we all hate that guy, we just do - thats how we roll. well i do hate him -but you get the point.

Edited by Quakecry

are you high?^^

High because i actually liked the game?? And laugh often when knox talks?.. Um, no.

I'd though that the MOH was a shit when i'd seen it, but at the side of the OFP:RR it deserves an Oscar and a fuckin' Nobel. The only worst FPS that i can think about... is the Wolfenstein 3D. Let's C ya

And yet you bought the game and supported consolemasters in continuing making shitty games despite all the negative talk about it in this thread :eek:

High because i actually liked the game?? And laugh often when knox talks?.. Um, no.

Depend on what you laughing about, if you laugh because Knox makes himself sounds like the most dirty mouth moron ever lived then thats OK; if you acturally thinks he have a point and that he have a sense of humor(which he didn't) then you better off start to find a paper bag big enought to put your head inside, because you should feel emberessing.

because of the way you posted more than anything else.

plus, you are comparing an already bad game (black ops) with this CM beauty? well..

Hi there

I just had a very interesting read on CM forum

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/general-discussion-1335/462410-no-not-worth-wait-let-s-start-beginning.html

It's just freakin' hilarious. They are bashing this guy just because he's voicing his opinion without even trolling. I know exactly why I never signed up over there.

kind regards

p.s. read the whole thread it's like being in the "Twilight Zone"

Edited by nettrucker
added p.s.

The hype for the game, after the European release, bombed like hell. One can only hope the US release won't be much different, and then we can at least put this particular episode behind us (until the next one, of course).

Anyone who bought this over Portal 2 (since they launched at the same time, pretty much) needs to have their spending rights revoked. I'll give them half marks if they bought both, so long as they bought Portal 2 first.

The hype for the game, after the European release, bombed like hell. One can only hope the US release won't be much different, and then we can at least put this particular episode behind us (until the next one, of course).

Anyone who bought this over Portal 2 (since they launched at the same time, pretty much) needs to have their spending rights revoked. I'll give them half marks if they bought both, so long as they bought Portal 2 first.

At least I passed. Portal2 was great fun, this, will not be.