Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

The vehicles in the convoy video disappear in a matter of seconds...

Nice.... cover objects

It would appear you don't need cover anyway, so no harm done. :)

those latest videos show the AI is a total mess, players walking about just taking AI out without any trouble, getting hit 2/3/4/5 times and nothing.

Lol a few bad reviews appearing on the forums and even the CM employee's are saying crap about the reviews, seems if it's a good review they knew what they were doing :)

seems even CM's millions won't sell this lame duck.

seems even CM's millions won't sell this lame duck.

If only. Unfortunately, in the world of AAA titles, marketing is everything - and CM is marketing it to the masses.

Is this a triple A title?

It's getting a TV ad, so I would say yes.

Just read the OXM review in its entirety, and it closed it with a very good statement that basically confirmed how I figured this trash would turn out in the end:

Red River certainly has its moments - especially when it's played with friends - but the clumsy attempt to gain acceptance from the trash-talking masses leaves it inadvertently feeling like an advertisement for pacifism. Attempting to cover up its simulation nuances with a lick of juvenile paint, it's one of Knox's one-liners that best sums it up: "Us using harsh language just ain't gonna cut it."

So yeah, just like DR, probably worse, and unbelievably childish. Have fun, RR fans. :rolleyes:

So yeah, just like DR, probably worse, and unbelievably childish. Have fun, RR fans. :rolleyes:

Saddest part of it is, there will be a percentage of people who play consoles that will lap this up and love CM for it.

I still wonder why Sion Lenton isn't a politician instead of game developer. Considering how much shit he's talking, how much he's lying, and how much he changes his mind depending on who he talks to, to get the most 'votes' (sales in this case), he seems like really prime politician-material.

I still wonder why Sion Lenton isn't a politician instead of game developer. Considering how much shit he's talking, how much he's lying, and how much he changes his mind depending on who he talks to, to get the most 'votes' (sales in this case), he seems like really prime politician-material.

Hehe, yeah. Not to forget his sidestepping answers to certain questions, such as whether RR will recieve long term patch support after release.

"Errrhm, well... that would be ideal, of course."

sometimes i wonder how coop title can get high score after the reviewer claimed the AI is quite bad ...

so what they play then with / against ? ...

All that Semper Fi, Oscar Mike, Oorah crap is for people like this:

Picture

I cannot find the words to describe this sort of person.

I cannot find the words to describe this sort of person.

A potential Red River customer. :cool:

Oh snap.

I don't know where this was said, but isn't that false advertising? (assuming he means the Real Virtuality engine, as saying that it's using the same engine as DR is not something I would be saying out loud too much, it's not exactly a selling point).

It was said in an interview with Sion himself

It's a pretty hilarious interview. Especially when he brags about that the AI in Dragon Rising was sometimes to good so they had to temper it down.

Here's the best part of it. Stupidity at it's best.

Edited by Cyper

Now there's a guy with absolutely zero self-awareness. :D

My Gf says me the same thing about me when she sees me playing ARMA with my track IR gear connected to my headphones. :)

My Gf says me the same thing about me when she sees me playing ARMA with my track IR gear connected to my headphones. :)

While playing, are you dressed in ACU, MARPAT or Multicam, with an ops vest and plate carrier, tactical gloves, shades and all of the other soldier-wannabe gear of the chairborne warrior whilst shouting out "Oscar Mike! Oscar Mike!" every time you move, even if is only a few meters?

If not, it's really not the same thing.

Edited by JdB

While playing, are you dressed in ACU, MARPAT or Multicam, with an ops vest and plate carrier, tactical gloves, shades and all of the other soldier-wannabe gear of the chairborne warrior whilst shouting out "Oscar Mike! Oscar Mike!" every time you move, even if is only a few meters?

If not, it's really not the same thing.

If yes, post a video please :D

It was said in an interview with Sion himself

It's a pretty hilarious interview. Especially when he brags about that the AI in Dragon Rising was sometimes to good so they had to temper it down.

Here's the best part of it. Stupidity at it's best.

Sion is delusional. In related videos I've seen this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUuV5d-vr3g&feature=related

Obviously this nextgentectics guy is some console noob making videos, however he made a pretty fair assessment.

Obviously this nextgentectics guy is some console noob making videos[...]

Do we really have to insult /everybody/?

Oh Im sorry but it is true. I watched another video of his CoD gameplay. He is kind of noob.

Do we really have to insult /everybody/?

This.

Insulting is fun

No, and that's why this topic shouldn't have been reopened.

No, and that's why this topic shouldn't have been reopened.

While I agree the insults can sometimes get quite silly and pedantic, I fully disagree that the thread shouldn't have been reopened.

With statements out there like "this is still the old Flashpoint engine under here..." said by their Devs, they leave themselves open to retort and discussion. Believe or not, there are still alot of people out there who believe DR was the successor to the original.