Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

Nope. Looks like you're shadow-banned, if your nick on there is 'Cypher'.

Nope. Looks like you're shadow-banned, if your nick on there is 'Cypher'.

Alright.

Because I am not 'officialy' banned anymore.

But obviously, they're afriad that I manage to write negative stuff about red river - and still not breaking any rules. This would mean that they wouldn't be able to give infractions. It's kinda sad, isn't it?

I meant Cyper, but I wrote Cypher. At any rate, both those nicks don't show up in that thread, unless there are more pages I can't get to.

Maybe they have moderated your posts and need to approve them before they appear?

I meant Cyper, but I wrote Cypher. At any rate, both those nicks don't show up in that thread, unless there are more pages I can't get to.

Maybe they have moderated your posts and need to approve them before they appear?

In that case, I believe I would get a message that says ''You post will appear when It's been approved'' or something like that. But I don't. Thing is, It's the same thing in every thread I write in. I've tried in about 4-5 other threads, and as soon as I log off, I cannot see my posts.

EDIT: I am not sure I can send private messages either.

LOL, they shadow ban People? Now thats really desperate

LOL, they shadow ban People? Now thats really desperate

They apperently do so. I have recently sent an email to Codemasters customer support. None of my posts appear when I log off and I've written in various threads - plus - no one replies either.

I am not sure that I can send PMs either.

They also bann people for criticizing the game. Maybe I am repetetive, I don't doubt that but look at this;

One of the reasons that I was banned this time, was because someone replied to me like; ''It's a conspiracy!!!!11'', with a funny picture to it. I replied ''So you don't understand that Sion have told lies about Operation Flashpoint?'' and for that and ''Misc'' I was banned for a week.

They apperently do so. I have recently sent an email to Codemasters customer support. None of my posts appear when I log off and I've written in various threads - plus - no one replies either.

I am not sure that I can send PMs either.

They also bann people for criticizing the game. Maybe I am repetetive, I don't doubt that but look at this;

One of the reasons that I was banned this time, was because someone replied to me like; ''It's a conspiracy!!!!11'', with a funny picture to it. I replied ''So you don't understand that Sion have told lies about Operation Flashpoint?'' and for that and ''Misc'' I was banned for a week.

While i understand your gripe, this thread is not about CM forums and the way those are moderated (although covered here a few times, and we all know the amount of shit it spread there). So please don't drag this forward anymore.

Cookies?

Pufu, the "mysterious-ban" topic is kinda related to CM, their PR, and therefore - to the RR. Because RR is mainly PR bs.

I'm shadow-banned over there too. Welcome to the club. ;)

However, this:

While i understand your gripe, this thread is not about CM forums and the way those are moderated (although covered here a few times, and we all know the amount of shit it spread there). So please don't drag this forward anymore.

Looks like someone does a lot of network troubleshooting ^_^

OT : People doing network troubleshooting do traceroute, no tracert.

Sorry, I couldn't let that pass by :p

Cookies?

Pufu, the "mysterious-ban" topic is kinda related to CM, their PR, and therefore - to the RR. Because RR is mainly PR bs.

Yeah i know, but i guess one post about it is enough, dragging it here is not gonna help...Shadow banning, in my mind is so damn disrespectful and low, but this has been covered so many times before...

On the subject at hand: the FUN for the yankees thumb jockeys is delayed to 7 June: HERE

Kind of weird behavior from this indian developer, especially when consoles are their main target audience, and some other titles are due to be released at the same time (brink for instance)

Since the game is done, this wait has nothing to do with pushing the release so they can fix some bugs anyhow.

Edited by PuFu

Looks like someone does a lot of network troubleshooting ^_^

lol, i'm network/security engineer :D

Yeah i know, but i guess one post about it is enough, dragging it here is not gonna help...Shadow banning, in my mind is so damn disrespectful and low, but this has been covered so many times before.

And how! Would you expect anything else? With all the fabrications spilling forth from their company already, it just seems natural to hide other truths and bad press. Desperation can be a humorous thing, when its CM.

No lets get back to talking about something that while irritating as hell, will never get off the ground and have an impact on the Armaverse.

Cause lets be honest if we could them the truth in a way that would make them change their minds and convert, the servers would be full of impatient little CoD players thus ruining any hope of a realistic public server battle.

And how! Would you expect anything else? With all the fabrications spilling forth from their company already, it just seems natural to hide other truths and bad press. Desperation can be a humorous thing, when its CM.

No lets get back to talking about something that while irritating as hell, will never get off the ground and have an impact on the Armaverse.

Cause lets be honest if we could them the truth in a way that would make them change their minds and convert, the servers would be full of impatient little CoD players thus ruining any hope of a realistic public server battle.

Isn't that what they want? servers filled with impatient little CoD players who acturally buy their bullshits?:D

I guess CommunistMoron's beancounters are now busy counting their pre-order sells.

Edited by 4 IN 1

Isn't that what they want? servers filled with impatient little CoD players who acturally buy their bullshits?:D

I guess CommunistMoron's beancounters are now busy counting their sells.

I meant if RR fans finally realise what they are missing, A2 servers would be full of mutter mutter

I meant if RR fans finally realise what they are missing, A2 servers would be full of mutter mutter

well for a month or so maybe, but most of them will turn their heads to another CoD look-alike when there is one and never came back;)

OT : People doing network troubleshooting do traceroute, no tracert.

Sorry, I couldn't let that pass by :p

The dos command is tracert.

The dos command is tracert.

Which is exactly my point ;) : tracert is a windows command

Edited by whisper

Which is exactly my point ;) : tracert is a windows command

Ok.... LOL.

Max Power

There were no networks in DOS. What you mean is actually windows command. When you open the command prompt (that black window) doesnt mean that you open DOS as many people think for some reason. It's just a shell, like Explorer for example, or other program. But instead of interacting with you with mouse like most windoze programs, it interacts with you with commands that you actually type.

What whisper is saying is a UNIX command (or program to be more accurate). Real network hardware in really big and serious companies work on UNIX-like operation systems like Linux. By serious hardware I mean Google or Youtube servers for example or the London Stock Exchange

Edited by void_false

Max Power

There were no networks in DOS. What you mean is actually windows command. When you open the command prompt (that black window) doesnt mean that you open DOS as many people think for some reason. It's just a shell, like Explorer for example, or other program. But instead of interacting with you with mouse like most windoze programs, it interacts with you with commands that you actually type.

What whisper is saying is a UNIX command (or program to be more accurate). Real network hardware in really big and serious companies work on UNIX-like operation systems like Linux. By serious hardware I mean Google or Youtube servers for example or the London Stock Exchange

:rolleyes:

Not only Unix, but also network device OS (IOS and derived, JunOS, ExOS ...)

/flex :p

/OT

Edited by whisper

Has this ever gone way offtopic. :eek:

Someone might actually learn something from this topic though, which can't be said for FPDR. Using that to improve your soldiering skills will get you sent home in a body-bag really fast, unlike a simulator that is based on a superior consumer product (we all know which BISim program I mean, forum rules just won't let me say it :p ).

Dispersion shields just haven't been fielded yet FPDR

Max Power

Whilst I encourage whisper's disrespecting MS in regards to what 'real' sys admins would use, it's a bit weird to say there were no networks in dos considering 98SE/98/95 etc was gui shell over ms dos, and the 'black window' was a dos prompt?