Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

With statements out there like "this is still the old Flashpoint engine under here..." said by their Devs, they leave themselves open to retort and discussion. Believe or not, there are still alot of people out there who believe DR was the successor to the original.

That's a fair point, and very important for me who still loves and plays OFP a lot, together with its only successor which is ArmA2. But constant bashing isn't productive.

The guy made some fair points ... and I don't really like him either ... mostly beacuse of the channel name :P

He do make some fair point TBH, and while he may not fully understand the full history of CM, BI and OFP, he acturally nail the problem now adays: COD clone are all over the place.

if you are done trashing one or the other, here is CM marketing at work:

200271_213371348678747_147516158597600_1006410_5971077_n.jpg

b_YYcy0jFLI

While i like the idea behind the print, the video is so damn... cheesy...

While i like the idea behind the print, the video is so damn... cheesy...

Yeah, that's cheeseville.

Almost as bad as saying cheeseville

That is 1,000 times more goofy than I expected it to be...

That is 1,000 times more goofy than I expected it to be...

Forsooth! Age hath dullen'd thine cynicism. :yay:

@ The new Trailer Oh my....can i have a Facepalm please?

:beeeers:

FPDR <=This is already not enought to express the facepalm index CM have gain, I demand a Worf facepalm emoticon for RR as well!

:beeeers:

Maybe CM should start their own little PR company ... and stop butchering franchises

The trailer was ... meh , from my pov anyway .

Woot! Those boys got swag!

Reminds me of skinny guys from the gym who really really want to be big so they cock their elbows high and strut hard :rolleyes:

What the hell did I just watch? Seems like a bunch of sleeper cell suddenly got awaken... and what with those eyes? Hungry for blood? Well on the bright side, I had a good laugh. Will watch this show closely...

Just like DR, there are some things that look really nice (visible and working hands/arms on steering wheels, realistic gore), but way too many things that look and sound terrible (obsessive bloom, horrible AI, unrealistic bullet damage, ugly tracers, ugly weapon recoil).

I still do not like the fact that th AI still find it difficult to hit the player. Why didn't they make 2 options (Normal AI, and 'Hardcore' AI) where it makes the AI able to hit the player.

Otherwise, It was mostly good to watch.

I do not like how they never aim the videos for the more Hardcore gamers. As it were. Which is a bad sign.

About tracers - I think tracers (whilst are a bit over the top) can help give more immersion in one sense that is making you feel like in a larger war. Not more realistic, but a larger warfare.

Again, Why didn't they put option on there too?

Edited by Ben_S

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against tracers, I'm against those ugly radiating balls that make the guns look like they're firing lasers on every single shot, not an actual bullet.

Yeah, Again, I don't see why they didn't make an option to enable/disable tracers like that.

Whats with game developers being allergic to putting a checkbox or slider in the options menu these days with game decisions?

If I'm not mistaken, I think, on average, game UI gets the least attention overall during a game's development.

Yeah, Too bad, games could be alot better if they just skipped the whole "let's decide" stage and made 1/2 the stuff (like for RR : Dispersion Sheild, blood, damage, AI) sliders in the options menu. And then spent a few minutes sliding the slider back and forth to find default value for it. Instead of spending weeks getting the best for it. :(

Among other things, i'm still very upset with the overall color scheme. One good thing though, is the dead body falling realistically down the stairs. I'm fed up with ArmA2 dead bodies poor interaction with their environment (playing the dead anim then stay like this).

Having dead units able to fall down stairs would be a big plus in Arma, as would a tighter driving experience.

I just can't hack the console style movement.