Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

Among other things, i'm still very upset with the overall color scheme. One good thing though, is the dead body falling realistically down the stairs. I'm fed up with ArmA2 dead bodies poor interaction with their environment (playing the dead anim then stay like this).

On the other hand RR's bodies cease all interaction after death and quickly disappear afterwards. Shots don't seem to register even for a blood effect after the killing hit.

On the other hand RR's bodies cease all interaction after death and quickly disappear afterwards. Shots don't seem to register even for a blood effect after the killing hit.

Shooting dead bodies is unfair :D

I have nothing against opening up to a larger audience , but at least do it with inovative stuff ...

I fear the day ArmA 2/3/X goes "multi platform "

Among other things, i'm still very upset with the overall color scheme. One good thing though, is the dead body falling realistically down the stairs. I'm fed up with ArmA2 dead bodies poor interaction with their environment (playing the dead anim then stay like this).
Check out SLX_Ragdoll.

btw its a nonsense pointing out what's bad in RR, because it would be easier to say what's not bad... and there's not many "not broken" things out there, I guess. Especially You forgot about few things, like console FOV which can't be adjusted (fucks up my eyes, really), etc.. Now to what Ben said - it's not a bad approach. But hey, they want it this way + being super lazy, because people will buy it anyway. They don't do it to give You "fun" (at least now for the one we know), like Sion states, they do it so they can make money.

If there would be an actual SDK, rich console (in HL2 You can set half of the game through the console commands - You can make Gravity Gun throw striders'n'shit, or make a game look like it's straight out of 1994) or better options-file-design (xml files like Dirt - it had a blast editing it) it could be easy to adjust the game. But again - why would they bother? They don't want You to have options, that would confuse many players, especially it's extra work... so they are "so nice to set it up for us the way that game is super cool anyway". You know... "Hardcores will go for ArmA anyway, and the rest doesnt care".

Edited by JonPL

Check out SLX_Ragdoll.

I don't want ragdoll, i want better physical interactions between dead bodies and environments. And no, insulting isn't fun, and it isn't in this community habbits.

And no, insulting isn't fun
Go find some sense of humour and that word that means "acting distatnly", according to the dictionary. Maybe then You would see I'm not really serious.
and it isn't in this community habbits
Yeah, right ;)

It's not actual ragdoll, it's units falling down the stairs\towers when You shot'em.

I edited last post with few words on how I feel about devs dumbing down games these days.

Edited by JonPL

I don't want ragdoll, i want better physical interactions between dead bodies and environments. And no, insulting isn't fun, and it isn't in this community habbits.

Ill take either. I also liked the corpse sliding down the stairs and thought the animation system as a whole pretty nice. I wish Arma would add a Hit animation - I was just having a great shootout that lasted 10 minutes between me and an AI Insurgent who was using cover very well. I finally snuck my way up to him and saw him crawling prone -I opened fire and red clouds came out but there was absolutely zero hit reaction from his body. Thats pretty disappointing after a long compelling shootout as it felt like I was shooting a stone statue as opposed to a soldier :(

The live-action advert has been pulled from YouTube. :rolleyes:

Too bad, I didn't had a chance to show it to my friends. And it's not anywhere else in the net :<

Too much "realistic" criticism? :D

which one?

Too much "realistic" criticism? :D

I think it was probably revealed before it was supposed to have been.

which one?

The newest one, i.e. the one where you share stern looks with your fellow man and they decide to go to war along side you.

The newest one, i.e. the one where you share stern looks with your fellow man and they decide to go to war along side you.

I was all ಠ_ಠ as well when I saw it.

animation system on that last dev diary looks very very good, unfortunatelly, tracerts and bloom looks ugly...

RR's NA release has been pushed back to June 7th: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/116/1160068p1.html

Members of the community over there are raging and leaving/claiming they won't buy the game now. I thought it was a good thing when games got delayed, as it allowed them to resolve whatever caused said delay.

Edit: Wait, what? When did this happen? http://community.codemasters.com/forum/general-discussion-1335/460865-pc-retail-versions-uk-still-not-able-pre-order.html#post7003182

Edited by Zipper5

This already started with F1 2010 and I think it's the same with Dirt 3 and future titles.

---------- Post added at 10:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 PM ----------

I thought it was a good thing when games got delayed, as it allowed them to resolve whatever caused said delay.

This looks more like some distribution problem, so I don't expect any fixes in US version...

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/general-discussion-1335/460803-north-america-delay-very-likely-console-versions-read-why-here.html

animation system on that last dev diary looks very very good, unfortunatelly, tracerts and bloom looks ugly...

Looks like someone does a lot of network troubleshooting ^_^

As far as I know, boxed copies are still avalible everywhere, except for the US.

He do make some fair point TBH, and while he may not fully understand the full history of CM, BI and OFP, he acturally nail the problem now adays: COD clone are all over the place.

While partially OT I'd like to ask what is that makes a game a COD clone, this term didn't start circulating until MW1 and 2 came out so what is the deal.

While partially OT I'd like to ask what is that makes a game a COD clone, this term didn't start circulating until MW1 and 2 came out so what is the deal.

The term came up after MW1-MW2 mad boatloads of money so a bunch of other companies made (and continue to.) lot's of generic brown-Gray shooters. that pretty much copied COD's gameplay.

This already started with F1 2010 and I think it's the same with Dirt 3 and future titles.

Most likely budget issues. There was a rumor a few months ago that CM is bankrupt, so scrapping disk production is a good way to save cash without decreasing revenue.

Basicly what happen is that after MW1 all the games starts to copy the gameplay and style IW created, even the MOH which the old COD used to copy have turn to copy the success of the MW1.