Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

At most, I think he hit the guy on his right elbow.

Which of course is an instant kill and produces blood like he shoot him with a canonball

Well... In its defense, such a shot would probably destroy your elbow. :p

I know, but it wouldn´t produce that much blood. Why do all those games today have such exagerated blood effects? I guess otherwise it ain´t cool enough...

In Arma, you can see the accuracy penalty directly on the sights, as aiming shake/difficulty. In RR, the first-person sight stays still but bullet accuracy will still have penalty from movevent, supression etc.

Also, scope picture might be skewed after quick movements. Especially so if you try to shoot while dancing around like Charlie Chaplin :D

That, or the hitboxes might be a bit forgiving when playing on console/gamepad.

Certainly no Arma but the video looks pretty cool actually. Might buy when it's on Steam sale after all.

Yeah, it does look rather fun (I'll admit it), but I don't think this will be fun for a long time, because of the editor (or lack thereof).

I'd get this for Xbox if I didn't have a PC to play ArmA on.

That actually looks decently fun to me. Although I bet I would get bored of it in about a week. You've gotta love how the sniper aims by walking left or right instead of just moving the stick too. Oh to play console games.

Yeah CM is good at making it appear nice.

Just like someone said about Dragon Rising, it's like Lady Gaga it looks decent at distance but when you come up close it's not that good.

I know, but it wouldn´t produce that much blood. Why do all those games today have such exagerated blood effects? I guess otherwise it ain´t cool enough...

Probably to make up for less realism in the gameplay :p

"Omg look at CM, they show war like it really is! So much blood!" completely ignoring the fact that it looks like a freaking Battlefield game :rolleyes:

At least this time they are being more honest, it seems.

Sion Lenton's interviews for Dragon Rising were really an insult, with his claims that DR would be a good sequel and provide for the original OFP fans.

This time around he at least openly admits they are throwing out a lot of realism to make it more 'fun'.

Fun for 12 year olds maybe, because i dont see why realism cant be fun. but hey that's just me.

Somehow people got it in their minds that realistic games play awkwardly and require at least hundred buttons, which ofcourse isnt true (looking at the old Rainbow Six series, or the first Ghost Recon, or Red Orchestra).

ArmA 2 requires some more and can be pretty awkward at times but it still isnt THAT demanding either.

Anyway, my point being that their excuse for 'replacing realism with fun' is completely bullshit.

It's a very valid reason from an economic standpoint. Realistic, and hardcore games that don't hold your hand and spoon-feed you, are quite unpopular these days.

It's a very valid reason from an economic standpoint. Realistic, and hardcore games that don't hold your hand and spoon-feed you, are quite unpopular these days.

Yeah that is true. Nowadays not only games are dumbed down, sometimes I think that also the IQ has dropped to the center of Earth.

kind regards

I'm seeing a resurgence in calling Red River "Operation Flashpoint 3". :(

I'm seeing a resurgence in calling Red River "Operation Flashpoint 3". :(

Sad ..

Just an observation, RR is the 3rd installment!

1. CWC

2. DR

3. RR

Not on console.

(Source:)

Do PC games not count then?

Hmm, Does RR even support PC features. Like TrackIR?

If that's his way of determining what number RR is, then it's actually 7.

1. CWC

2. Gold Upgrade

3. Resistance

4. Game of the Year

5. Elite

6. DR

7. RR

If that's his way of determining what number RR is, then it's actually 7.

1. CWC

2. Gold Upgrade

3. Resistance

4. Game of the Year

5. Elite

6. DR

7. RR

We don't count ArmA2:OA as ArmA4 either ;) (ArmA + expansion, ArmA2 + expansion)

Otherwise, we'd have to say:

1. CWC

2. Gold Upgrade

3. Resistance

4. Game of the Year

5. Elite

6. ArmA

7. ArmA: Queen's Gambit

8. ArmA2

9. ArmA2: Operation Arrowhead

10. ArmA2: Combined Operations

11. ArmA2: Reinforcements

That would make the current version of ArmA2 actually OFP 11. That just makes no sense :p

Only the base games should be counted, not the expansion packs, since they're still based on a specific keystone version of the engines.

1. CWC

2. Elite (a moderately updated/enhanced CWC, but since it was for a different platform, it deserves to be counted)

3. ArmA

4. ArmA2

1. CWC

2. Elite

3. DR

4. RR

Hmm, Does RR even support PC features. Like TrackIR?

The PC port will support whatever consoles support, so that means it's limited to only the handful of buttons on an X-Box controller :p As BIS has shown with OFP: Elite, that's enough to retain all of the features that make an OFP game OFP, IF you know what you're doing, and we all know CM doesn't have a clue.

Edited by JdB

I'd say:

1 - CWC

1A - Elite (yeah, it was enhanced, but it didn't have enough to be a sequel)

2 - ArmA 1 (it was never intended to succeed OFP, it was more of a OFP1.5 project)

3 - ArmA 2

3.5 - Combined Ops/Arrowhead

Edited by RangerPL

For me it has nothing to do with CWC.

1. DR

2. PR

and both are the same „velvety†shit.

Why do I get the feeling that the Editor for RR will be part of a DLC?

Why do I get the feeling that the Editor for RR will be part of a DLC?

That'd at least mean CM (kinda) cares about letting us have some freedom, even if it was for a cost.

But come on, Do you REALLY belive a MISSION EDITOR is on the DLC list, considering it will only be helpful for the PC,and the PC version never pays for DLC ....

That'd at least mean CM (kinda) cares about letting us have some freedom, even if it was for a cost.

But come on, Do you REALLY belive a MISSION EDITOR is on the DLC list, considering it will only be helpful for the PC,and the PC version never pays for DLC ....

Yeah. They care. Right.

The only thing CM cares about is the little box on their general ledger marked "revenue".

Edited by RangerPL

That would be like buying a sandwich from a resteraunt but all you get is bread and some sauce, and you have to pay extra for meat and cheese even though you already bought the sandwich.

Edited by NodUnit

1 OFP CWC

1.1 Res

1.2 OFP Elite

1.5 armed assault

2 arma2

2.1 OA

-1 DR

-2 RR

1 OFP CWC

1.1 Res

1.2 OFP Elite

1.5 armed assault

2 arma2

2.1 OA

2.15 Reinforcements

-1 DR

-2 RR

Fixed it for you. :)

How is reinforcements one point anything? It's just two already-released DLCs packaged with an already-released game for retail.

How is reinforcements one point anything? It's just two already-released DLCs packaged with an already-released game for retail.

Yeah but he didn't state BAF and PMC are one point as well