Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

Who are you on there? This is spooky because i'm there having some fun myself...in that thread too...it was basically the release notes for the new Beta patch for CO.

You'll never guess who I am on the Codemasters forums... oh wait.

I'm liking Helios's description of the sizes of their new FTE's....if they're so similar in size, why not tell him the dimensions? Because its so small its embarrassing?

Who are you on there? This is spooky because i'm there having some fun myself...in that thread too...it was basically the release notes for the new Beta patch for CO.

Indicated as much he would lol

I was Cyper. I got shadowbanned, mailed Codemasters about the shadowbann and they didn't respond through mail - instead they banned me permanently. I just randomly roam around the board sometimes.

I'm amazed i haven't been shadowbanned yet, i mean honestly...its like they pick a username out of a hat and ban em.

Edited by Innomadic

I'm amazed i haven't been shadowbanned yet, i mean honestly...its like they pick a username out of a hat and ban em.

What the hell is "shadowbanned"?

Banned without explanation nor any sort of formal announcement....i think....just looking at it logically....

I think you still can post & see your own posts but other users don't. How insidious...

You can post normally but nobody sees your posts and you are never informed about it. Basically the most chickenshit thing an admin can do to a forum user.

You can post normally but nobody sees your posts and you are never informed about it. Basically the most chickenshit thing an admin can do to a forum user.

Wow.....how lame.....

Nice!

:D

Codemasters is a joke. I used to like them many years ago.

Sion Lenton and his crew have left a scar on Codemasters that will never heal. I hope Flashpoint 3 makes them all go bankrupt and CM closes down.

F*ckers.

Now that Arma 3 is announced, and the way it´s looking, CMs sad excuse of a flashpoint is left in the dust tumbling head over heels.

With the right support by us, and with a bit of luck, BI have another GOTY on their hands. Nothing Codies will ever be able to do with the old OFP brand.

I won´t claim victory yet, but with the right base work, we can make it. Us as a community, together with BI as a company, we can make Arma 3 a game that will shake the world. And no one will remember either RR, or DR. let OFP rest in peace, Arma is the future!

/propaganda mode off/

Arma is not only the future, its established since OFP cwc ;)

Now with ArmA2:Free coming there ain't a single reasonable excuse for the Codie-players with a PC to not play ArmA2. I wonder what Conmasters will do about that, with their dying franchise.

BIS scores another one!

Codemasters was hacked on June 3rd. Just got this email:

Dear valued Codemasters customer,

On Friday 3rd June, unauthorised entry was gained to our Codemasters.com website. As soon as the intrusion was detected, we immediately took codemasters.com and associated web services offline in order to prevent any further intrusion.

During the days since the attack we have conducted a thorough investigation in order to ascertain the extent and scope of the breach and have regrettably discovered that the intruder was able to gain access to the following:

Codemasters.com website

Access to the Codemasters corporate website and sub-domains.

DiRT 3 VIP code redemption page

Access to the DiRT 3 VIP code redemption page.

The Codemasters EStore

We believe the following have been compromised: Customer names and addresses, email addresses, telephone numbers, encrypted passwords and order history. Please note that no personal payment information was stored with Codemasters as we use external payment providers, meaning your payment details were not at risk from this intrusion.

Codemasters CodeM database

Members' names, usernames, screen names, email addresses, date of birth, encrypted passwords, newsletter preferences, any biographies entered by users, details of last site activity, IP addresses and Xbox Live Gamertags are all believed to have been compromised.

Whilst we do not have confirmation that any of this data was actually downloaded onto an external device, we have to assume that, as access was gained, all of these details were compromised and/or stolen.

The Codemasters.com website will remain offline for the foreseeable future with all Codemasters.com traffic re-directed to the Codemasters Facebook page instead. A new website will launch later in the year.

Advice

For your security, in the first instance we advise you to change any passwords you have associated with other Codemasters accounts. If you use the same login information for other sites, you should change that information too. Furthermore, be extra cautious of potential scams, via email, phone, or post that ask you for personal or sensitive information. Please note that Codemasters will never ask you for any payment data such as credit card numbers or bank account details, nor will Codemasters ask you for passwords or other personal identifying data. Be aware too of fraudulent emails that may outwardly appear to be from Codemasters with links inviting you to visit websites. The safest way to visit your favourite websites is always by typing in the address manually into the address bar of your browser.

Unfortunately, Codemasters is the latest victim in on-going targeted attacks against numerous game companies. We assure you that we are doing everything within our legal means to track down the perpetrators and take action to the full extent of the law.

We apologise for this incident and regret any inconvenience caused.

We are contacting all customers who may have been affected directly.

Should you have any concerns or wish to speak to a member of our Customer Services team, please email them at custservice@codemasters.com.

Seems people don't take kindly to being charged for second-rate products, CM.

Yeah, I got it too. Their website is offline and points to their facebook page.

Codemasters was hacked on June 3rd. Just got this email:

Seems people don't take kindly to being charged for second-rate products, CM.

Again?

Sion took his depression out on the forums.....again.....

EDIT: Its funny how they're trying to justify its existence by saying its more tactical than anything else on console...like that makes everything ok...

Edited by Innomadic

Played red river. The 3 main complaints : AI wouldn't shut the hell up. The enemy shot laser beams (maybe they were tracers, pretty sure they were lasers..), and regen health.

It didn't do anything unique, just a regular cod clone with slightly more open levels. Stopped playing after 20 minutes.

There is exactly ONE contemporary FPS game that vaguely qualifies as a milsim. It's terrible.

It's practically unplayable unless the graphics are lowered to an abysmal level of details, the AI is beyond incompetent, it almost has no physics whatsoever, it is one of the buggiest games I have ever played, the voice acting is just horrible, and it's community is largely one of the most hostile, realism obsessed, and introverted I have ever seen. (I may be exaggerating a bit for effect)

Despite all this it is apparently more popular, presumably more profitable, and infinitely better supported than either DR or RR. (There was so much potential after DR, just a few adjustments and...)

Literally the only thing better about the ArmA series is it's developers supporting it and not trying to capture the casual mil FPS market by cutting the game to pieces. ArmA's technical abilities are expanded with every new iteration, it's developers are often found posting in their forums, and I have complete confidence in every new iteration being practically just as terrible as the last and yet everyone able will still play it.

A similar phenomenon can be seen in EVE Online, a terrible game played mostly by terrible people who will whine at great length about how terrible it and it's dev team is yet continue to play their multiple accounts...at the same time.

I theorize that this is because they're unique and their developers are willing to push the envelope in an era of technical and design stagnation, and we love them for it.

win...although i completely missed it the first time, you probably shouldnt :p

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/general-discussion-1335/467390-wheres-open-missions-5.html

edit: LOL the finally deleted my sig, which was a hyperlink to arma3.com

Edited by Innomadic

It's practically unplayable unless the graphics are lowered to an abysmal level of details, the AI is beyond incompetent, it almost has no physics whatsoever, it is one of the buggiest games I have ever played, the voice acting is just horrible, and it's community is largely one of the most hostile, realism obsessed, and introverted I have ever seen. (I may be exaggerating a bit for effect)

Where are those facepalm pictures when i need them... :icon_ohmygod:

Where are those facepalm pictures when i need them... :icon_ohmygod:

Hes taking the piss lol, don't stress :P

There is exactly ONE contemporary FPS game that vaguely qualifies as a milsim. It's terrible.

Despite all this it is apparently more popular, presumably more profitable, and infinitely better supported than either DR or RR. (There was so much potential after DR, just a few adjustments and...)

Literally the only thing better about the ArmA series is it's developers supporting it and not trying to capture the casual mil FPS market by cutting the game to pieces. ArmA's technical abilities are expanded with every new iteration, it's developers are often found posting in their forums, and I have complete confidence in every new iteration being practically just as terrible as the last and yet everyone able will still play it.

A similar phenomenon can be seen in EVE Online, a terrible game played mostly by terrible people who will whine at great length about how terrible it and it's dev team is yet continue to play their multiple accounts...at the same time.

I theorize that this is because they're unique and their developers are willing to push the envelope in an era of technical and design stagnation, and we love them for it.

Well I had to LOL, there are a few true things in there.

Though, I must congratulate you all. You're all on those forums more than me now ...