Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

@Grub

Why not?

Hungry-for-Semper-Fi-bullshit (<<< I belive PuFu used similiar term) kids love this shit-talk. They will buy it. They will love it. Even if they had Dragon Rising and it sucked. They need to be Marines. Now, cause they are real heroes. Oorah. Get some! Hotel Echo 1 1. Authentic.

Blahhh.

Army? Naah. They know it's a lie, its' not real army, it's diggin' holes and running all day. The game is more authentic. IT'S KILLING THE BAD GUYS, RITE

It worked the last time, I mean for Dragon Rising. That's why CoD is better. CoD doesn't go sell out on "oh so authentic" bullshit. I guess noone would really hate Red River if it wasn't for Sion Lenton and this idiotic line of marketing

Edited by JonPL

Maybe we should try to play the game thinking it is Team America: The FPS Shooter? would give the game a better impression? Right?:p

@Grub

Why not?

I meant to piss off marines.

And then I see this: http://www.flashpointgame.com/2011/03/24/from-iraq-to-tajikistan-a-new-generation/

And, in particular, this shot: http://www.flashpointgame.com/files/IMG_4828.jpg

There's not a facepalm in the whole internet that would be adequate for expressing how I feel about this. Oh well.

FPDR

This is the biggest bs ever, embarrassing, is the ultimate Sion's brain fart:eek:

w0156g.jpg

Part of the inspiration for the game came from Generation Kill...

Yeah, you think?

Jesus, they are desperately pulling every possible marketing trick to make the group of 13- 15 year olds buy this shit....

There's a new video out (some of you might already have seen it if you're a subscriber to redriver channel):

Pretty hilarious. Sion braging about the good AI and how they've worked on the dispersion system to make the accuracy better. Truth is it doesn't look much better in red river than in dragon rising.

Hmm, the more I hear that song the more I want to drive around some time listening to it, and see if it brightens the commute.

I think the AI from RedshitstormRiver are clones of Sion Lenton's IQ.

I think the AI from RedshitstormRiver are clones of Sion Lenton's IQ.

Well, the way Sion Lenton acts makes you think.

In one video he says that one shot will kill you, while in he's own playthrough it shows quite the opposite. In another video he's saying that they've listened to the community, and in another one he praises the ''good AI'' Dragon Risng, while in fact, people were complaining about it.

I don't really understand in wich direction Sion want OFP to go.

First, It's all about 'total military simulation' and then It's about cod-like gameplay wich obviously is - quite the opposite. What can we expect next time..

What we got is still the original flashpoint engine under the hood, it is still the same game

I don't know why anyone lets this dude run around free, he is mad as hell.

I don't know why anyone lets this dude run around free, he is mad as hell.

He was talking about DR I bet , but still ... very disinforming .

All that Semper Fi, Oscar Mike, Oorah crap is for people like this:

mw2fatkid.jpg

Where'd you get my picture from? :O

:D

Yeah, Sion does keep saying alot of, what do you call it, oh yes, Bullshit. I don't mind him, but I wish he would at least just call it a "Tactical Shooter aimed at having fun" and not going on about this authentic stuff.

What we got is still the original flashpoint engine under the hood, it is still the same game

I don't know where this was said, but isn't that false advertising? (assuming he means the Real Virtuality engine, as saying that it's using the same engine as DR is not something I would be saying out loud too much, it's not exactly a selling point).

He was carrying two heavy (attachments and all) assault rifles at the same time + ammo XD

Yes, he did say douchebags. You also heard that end dialogue correctly, in case you were wondering about that too.

The AI looks worse than it performed in Dragon Rising.

Hell with the AI, the dialogue is offsetting enough.

Yeah, Sion does keep saying alot of, what do you call it, oh yes, Bullshit. I don't mind him, but I wish he would at least just call it a "Tactical Shooter aimed at having fun" and not going on about this authentic stuff.

Cant, COD and MOH are already taken

Disappearing bodies and wrecks, cone of fire effect with dead on sights, embarrassing chatter... classic.

Is it just me or is the CM forum full of douchebags who attack and denounce even serious threads such as that one?

Disappearing bodies and wrecks, cone of fire effect with dead on sights, embarrassing chatter... classic.

Only the best of the best for the console crowd. :rolleyes:

Where the *fuck* were they fighting? That's their idea of a Tajik village?

It looks like some sort of steampunk wild west movie set.