Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

*snip*

Already been posted, but still as funny to look at. Just because Sion says they didn't say it they all suddenly believe him, but one unbiased look at how DR went will tell you not to believe a word that man says. :rolleyes:

And there are more people wanting CM to include features they've announced won't be in RR at release in DLC instead.

FPDR

Oh, and hell yes to a Battlefield remake! :D "Uh, sorry guys, but I can't do the second half of the mission as that goes over the entity limit."

Edited by Zipper5

People are going to die if they train using DR, thinking if they can run around close enough to an enemy soldier they won't be able to shoot you.

FPDR

How did I miss that? lol

How can sion say that, we all know hes had ages working with Templar. :confused:

Well, I guess Sion hasn't changed much then. :rolleyes:

[...] Templar’s "fame" is limited only to this community.

Who says shit like that? It sounds like he's trying to put Templar down for making a popular mod. Maybe Sion just doesn't like Templar but seriously, why call him out in public? Why not just say that no business decisions have been made based on Templar's work? That *is* what he's trying to get at, isn't it?

Hmm, believing some anonymous guy making accusations against CM or believing Sion Lenton, the Head of GameWrecking Developments and Rubbish Marketing. What a dilemma :j:

Even Templar knows he's been scammed by them. It wouldn't at all surprise me if they became friendly with him, tricked him into thinking that he might be hired by them if they liked his ideas, stole all of his knowledge and ideas, and then ditched him so they can use them for free in true CM style.

It's obvious why Lenton doesn't like Templar. Even an amateur with zero access to the engine can do better than him and his entire team.

Edited by JdB

Now that Sion finally decided to communicate with the cm community, it's much funnier to read their forum. Funky, i should say :rolleyes2:

Hmm, believing some anonymous guy making accusations against CM or believing Sion Lenton, the Head of GameWrecking Developments and Rubbish Marketing. What a dilemma :j:

Even Templar knows he's been scammed by them. It wouldn't at all surprise me if they became friendly with him, tricked him into thinking that he might be hired by them if they liked his ideas, stole all of his knowledge and ideas, and then ditched him so they can use them for free in true CM style.

It's obvious why Lenton doesn't like Templar. Even an amateur with zero access to the engine can do better than him and his entire team.

I must agree, I get the feeling Sion doesn't actually like anyone who tries to work on his game. And shows "his" team up. Even though every single mod on every single game does the same for parts.

I mean, we've got a very tiny part of engine open. A few .xml files and a few texture files. Which can be edited in 1.00, CM could make a nice little comeback by releasing a quick-fix patch 1.03 that adds back in the "moddability" of 1.00... but whats the chance of that? :rolleyes:

Anyway, After those comments directed at templar by sion. I've just grown very skeptical.

And he just had to comment though he wasn't "obliged" to and commented further after reading another comment of mine on here ( yes we know you read this thread from time to time, Mr Lenton and mob :)). My "friend" will remain anonymous however for all sorts of reasons, including he has a career to think about, which incidently won't include CM for too much longer. Again no suprise as it's no secret alot, if not most of their best talent has already moved onto pastures new.

The putdown that Lenton came out with towards Templar quite suprised even cynical old me. I knew he wasn't flavour of the month over at CM, but to publicly undermine his work was just nasty.

It wouldn't suprise me in the slightest if RR was so locked down, encrypted and nailed shut for file access because they didn't want anyone outside of CM to see for example the AI scripts, no not at all, in the slightest, really, not suprised whatsoever, at all.

Well that was nice of Sion to say. It simply reaffirms he couldn't care less about having supportive community, he wants a community of wallets. I guess he's simply putting a face to CM's own stereotypical "suits".

Yes, Ive been following that thread. Train wreck doesn't even begin to describe CM responces or the treatment of thier star, (only) modder. :j: Not sure if Im surprised or not. Seems like CM want to discredit the guy now, (must point out that I only really care in an abstract way here), which leads me to belive some of the claims posted a few pages back about CM being a bit upset with TGFX, (and thier labelling of "narcissistic ********"), is ringing true. Lenton has definitely tried to knock him down a peg or two. It's all good fun, and really is the best vindication of why this, and the DR thread before it, is so popular.

What I do know, it's very entertaining.

Other comedy highlights for me...

No actual denial of the "narcissistic *********" claim - I asked, but Lenton was not forthcoming.

"...90% of those on consoles".

Someone willing to pay £30+ for mission editor as DLC.

The CM apologists who keep suggesting stuff to include - which to anyone with a quarter of a brain knows has no chance of being added, and reasons why all the stuff removed doesn't really matter.

The blind hope against all common sense that RR will be a decent game - probably my fave, (but then I can be a bastard at times :D )

Edited by Bascule42
...sausage fingers.

Well I suppose Templar did better with his MOd than the whole DR team. It's a logical reaction to the choice "hide in shame" for not keeping up with peoples expectations.

kind regards

Rather a stark counterpoint to Bis including the names of community members to thank them for support at the end of the Eagle Wing campaign.

If you're going to copy a brand identity, it's a good idea to at least work out why that brand is successful first.

Rather a stark counterpoint to Bis including the names of community members to thank them for support at the end of the Eagle Wing campaign.

If you're going to copy a brand identity, it's a good idea to at least work out why that brand is successful first.

And in the OA campaign, and in the OA credits.

Yeah . . . you definitely are not going to achieve that by treating your customers as they are.

kind regards

It wouldn't at all surprise me if they became friendly with him, tricked him into thinking that he might be hired by them if they liked his ideas, stole all of his knowledge and ideas, and then ditched him so they can use them for free in true CM style.

Myself and others posted that on the CM forum early on when Templar

first reported he was working with CM.

It's obvious they used him to keep sales going for a little while longer

before it finally faceplanted.

Templars ego just wouldn't let him believe it.

Myself and others posted that on the CM forum early on when Templar

first reported he was working with CM.

It's obvious they used him to keep sales going for a little while longer

before it finally faceplanted.

Templars ego just wouldn't let him believe it.

Lol if thats true

FPDR

CM= No morale.

The whole CM <--> Templar affair reminds of that Monty Python sketch where Palin comes in to have an argument but first accidentally chooses a room for insults.

:)

All this just reafirms my opinion that Sion Lenton is a Crackhead. Takes what he wants to acomplish his goal (more crack, crap game, [insert dodgy motive here]) and doesn't care about who gets hurt/pissed off/ripped off in the process. I've seen the behaviour many times before, usually it's the beginning of a cycle that ends in prison/rehab/hospital.

Also just found this piece of hilarity:

We had a bug this week, some animation state issue, which essentially led to one shot kills (it's fixed now).

WAT

Realism is a bug now?

Edited by TechnoTerrorist303

We had a bug this week, some animation state issue, which essentially led to one shot kills (it's fixed now).
I've taken a 255mm atomic howitzer round to the head, it's nothing serious but I'm bleeding badly.

nuke.jpg

I've taken a 255mm atomic howitzer round to the head, it's nothing serious but I'm bleeding badly.

Sounds like we need a new video... :D

Who says shit like that? It sounds like he's trying to put Templar down for making a popular mod. Maybe Sion just doesn't like Templar but seriously, why call him out in public? Why not just say that no business decisions have been made based on Templar's work? That *is* what he's trying to get at, isn't it?

Aww you can't blame sion for saying that, he's just trying to be a Nice... guy

But in serious the guy is an asshole to say what he has said in various posts. I can't wait for RR to flop, last time I turned the other cheek and went down a "Well they learened their lesson" road, I imagine many of us did..I think this time we should just up and laugh in their faces, they deserve it for clinging so much and thinking that removing more and more features is for the better.

It seems that the RR community are more than happy to take the abuse, some even suggesting ways of they can abuse them further through adding in the mission editor, pilotable vehicles and PvP MP in DLC, sometimes saying they'll pay the price of the game again if that feature is made available.

It is simply...

FPDR

Edit: http://community.codemasters.com/forum/general-discussion-1335/427176-ofp-elite.html

God... :butbut:

Guess he doesn't realize that without Thunderbird's consent they couldn't sell FFUR. Heck, they couldn't sell OFP:E in that way without BIS' permission, no?

Edited by Zipper5

It seems that the RR community are more than happy to take the abuse, some even suggesting ways of they can abuse them further through adding in the mission editor, pilotable vehicles and PvP MP in DLC, sometimes saying they'll pay the price of the game again if that feature is made available.

It is simply...

FPDR

Why are we talking about a community? Is 20 ppl making a RR community? Not really.

But there will be a lot of new blood on their forums as soon as they release a pre-redered teaser, just like they did with DR (although it was the e3 presentations with all the animations that draw ppl in it).

Edit: http://community.codemasters.com/forum/general-discussion-1335/427176-ofp-elite.html

God... :butbut:

Guess he doesn't realize that without Thunderbird's consent they couldn't sell FFUR. Heck, they couldn't sell OFP:E in that way without BIS' permission, no?

They can't sell community content without approval. But don't worry, it will never happen