Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

It's not just that, there is alot more going on here than just the title and name, there is alot of ill business practice and promoting of that practice. I'm over the name, what I'm not over is the people standing behind this title because it is behaviour such as theirs that is promoting companies to do things like this.

Yes, of course, and that's the main reason I'm pissed off. The fact that it's applied to the OFP name has taken a back seat, for me at least, to the horrible business practices of Codemasters and the fact that some people are willing to subjugate themselves to them, and pay CM in return. It completely boggles my mind.

I won't deny, however, that the name adds fuel to the fire, although it already sufficiently burns bright.

Edit: http://community.codemasters.com/forum/general-discussion-1335/427416-lets-put-new-spin.html#post6485200

This is a good thread :)

Of course it is, Sion. It's one of the few that has yet to bash you and CM.

FPDR

Edited by Zipper5

Edit: http://community.codemasters.com/forum/general-discussion-1335/427416-lets-put-new-spin.html#post6485200

Of course it is, Sion. It's one of the few that has yet to bash you and CM.

FPDR

Thats not going to last long, I have 2 underlying feelings.

#1, My hope, CM have something up their sleeve that is so ground breaking for this game. Its worth the other things.

#2, My Common Sense and Logic, Says that nothing is going to happen. And its going to end up another DR, just more cinematic and less features.

And I have a feeling quite alot of people find #2 as their only feeling. And their problably right. But, When I first heard of OFP, I thought it was a cr*p idea, and hated the game from when I first played it. (lol yeah) Then I took some time, and began to love it. Today OFP is still one of my most favourite games.

I had my friday pudding an chips for my dinnie...

I had Cod, Chips and Peas ...

i had Tofu and mojitos STEAK AND BEER!!! :flamethrower:

Thats not going to last long, I have 2 underlying feelings.

#1, My hope, CM have something up their sleeve that is so ground breaking for this game. Its worth the other things.

#2, My Common Sense and Logic, Says that nothing is going to happen. And its going to end up another DR, just more cinematic and less features.

And I have a feeling quite alot of people find #2 as their only feeling. And their problably right. But, When I first heard of OFP, I thought it was a cr*p idea, and hated the game from when I first played it. (lol yeah) Then I took some time, and began to love it. Today OFP is still one of my most favourite games.

#1 No they haven't.

#2 Yup, your pretty much right there. It's going to be a.n.other shooter with pretty graphics, probably a half decent AI for which they have Templar to thank for the "inspiration" and that's about it. The consolers will like it because it'll be a bit different from the MW dross of this world. And it's the casual console players they are targeting as that is a huge market. PC users will get nothing different and I think most PC players will find it very mediocre with little longevity.

So what i read in that thread of Templar is that RR = awesome, because of shaders and postprocess effects looking really good? He sets a high standard, lol...

I dont know how you guys can keep reading those forums, it's not funny and actually rather depressing :p

It makes baby Jesus cry, and that makes me a very sad panda.

Nah, it seems their respected community members in general don't know what to think. One minute they're being trash-talked by the developers themselves, the next they're saying the game will be completely standard and uninspired, and finally they'll say it will be great because they accept it as it is. Then the cycle repeats.

Nah, it seems their respected community members in general don't know what to think. One minute they're being trash-talked by the developers themselves, the next they're saying the game will be completely standard and uninspired, and finally they'll say it will be great because they accept it as it is. Then the cycle repeats.

They're doing better than last time with this dev-community communication. Though, I've still not seen better than on the ubi forums (RUSE ones) where devs used to come on and go "yeah, we fucked up there" lol

For example, Sion made that "This is a good thread" post, and the first response to that was a direct question asking if they would be taking what we said and implementing it into RR. Guess what? No reply yet, Sion went offline after a while. :rolleyes:

They might be communicating more but that doesn't mean they're no longer trying to bullshit their way out of their situation.

For example, Sion made that "This is a good thread" post, and the first response to that was a direct question asking if they would be taking what we said and implementing it into RR. Guess what? No reply yet, Sion went offline after a while. :rolleyes:

They might be communicating more but that doesn't mean they're no longer trying to bullshit their way out of their situation.

Yeah, I wont have enough money to buy RR after getting a new PC anyway. I will still be out of pocket. So its not bothering me. :D

Then the cycle repeats.

Ben S - There's no mission editor.

Templar - This game will be bad because of x, y, z, Sion must answer me NOW!!1!

Ben S - But you guys stop talking about all the bad things - we haven't even seen any footage yet - CM must have learned their lessons from DR and RR will be a great tactical shooter!

Templar - You all know that I'll always be around these forums. Let's focus on what will be in the game. It will be the best co-op tactical shooter on the market, without any doubt. I've looked inside the code (and Helios sent me an email!) and CM really were very clever when they developed DR; they just made one or two bad decisions.

The Sarge (Posts=1,500,000) - Y'ALL SHUT UP. THIS GAME IS AWESOME. I HAVE NO LIFE. I AM TWELVE YEARS OLD.

Toning down post fx is an artistic choice and having RTS elements in RR is not going to happen given the game's more mainstream approach. So there, no, they're not going to "implement" all those two "ideas" from the thread and no wonder why Sion didn't bother answering.

Whether they will generally take some ideas into consideration from the forums also has a remarkably obvious answer which is something like "yes, but no promises"

I had my friday pudding an chips for my dinnie...

Brrr.... British cooking :throwup:

Whether they will generally take some ideas into consideration from the forums also has a remarkably obvious answer which is something like "yes, but no promises"

Did you even play DR?

Brrr.... British cooking :throwup:

No kidding! :butbut:

:D

Edit: Oh god, Polaris is back. Or, at least, someone's chosen the same name as him, but still labels himself the "Leader of Heroes". Oh, and he too thinks the troll was actually me. Don't worry Mr.Polaris, I'm more embarrassed for you that you fell for a troll. ;)

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/general-discussion-1335/421698-gunships-14.html#post6486764

Oh, and nice move with telling me to "zip it", because I haven't heard that 50,000 times before. Seriously, you guys need an education on the internet. This is just funny. :D

Or, on second thought, perhaps someone's trolling Polaris now too?

Edited by Zipper5

Pol ended with that forum ages ago. I Dobut thats him. Considering he already has an account thats not banned or anything.

---------- Post added at 11:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 AM ----------

Templar - This game will be bad because of x, y, z, Sion must answer me NOW!!1!

Ben S - But you guys stop talking about all the bad things - we haven't even seen any footage yet - CM must have learned their lessons from DR and RR will be a great tactical shooter!

Templar - You all know that I'll always be around these forums. Let's focus on what will be in the game. It will be the best co-op tactical shooter on the market, without any doubt. I've looked inside the code (and Helios sent me an email!) and CM really were very clever when they developed DR; they just made one or two bad decisions.

The Sarge (Posts=1,500,000) - Y'ALL SHUT UP. THIS GAME IS AWESOME. I HAVE NO LIFE. I AM TWELVE YEARS OLD.

lol, Am I really still going on about the mission editor? I think I should give up on that one, its not as if they're gonna listen to us. :rolleyes:

No real surprise to see trolls appearing over there...RR iteslf is a damn troll. Funny though...

There is one post over at CM Forum which made me make wish to write an answer. However, i don't want to register there just for that and as it seems there are some CM forum members aswell to be found here (hi Sion), i will write it just here, maybe Ben S can quote it over there.

First, the post:

I dont think anyone can say they've spoiled a game that hasnt even been released yet, I'm still trying to figure out why we have so many arma2 fans on here complaining about how RR won't be as good as arma, why not just go play it or go on the arma forums?

This isn't a flame or anything I just think it's a bit mad

Source

It is pretty simple: because the game has the name "Operation Flashpoint" and already DR didn't had anything from OFP inside it.

A lot of us would have been happy with a real competitor to BIS since this would give us another great game of the type we like and the competition would have pushed both developers beyond anything, making already awesome game(s) even better.

However, already the announcements what will be in FPDR and what not already revealed that there will not be a competitor to ArmA (2) as it even couldn't compete with the original OFP, a game which means a lot to us.

I would compare it with the following: Fiat is the owner of Ferrari. However, they do not rename their Fiat 500 to Ferrari 500 and i guess you have an idea why: only changing the name wouldn't turn the 500 into a Ferrari or what people expect when they hear/see the name Ferrari.

The same applies to "that game". Sticking the name "Operation Flashpoint" on it doesn't turn that mediocre game into something awesome like the original OFP was. And there the "Fanbase" at CM fails. They still think because it is labelled "Operation Flashpoint" it must be awesome, not realizing the truth: it simply isn't.

As it has been said a hundred of times: no one would have cared here at BIS forums if they gave it a different name.

Did you even play DR?

Yes. What are you trying to say, that they didn't very much care for the community suggestions? Of course they didn't, and will probably do even less with RR. I was just saying what their obvious answer would be to the question, not comment on what they will actually do.

They're not some indie dev that would give a fuck about some whiny forum nerds and their stupid ideas.

Lol, nice one with "forum nerds" and "stupid ideas". :rolleyes:

I won't deny that there are many, many idiotic ideas, but there are definitely good ideas and points being made by both communities in this instance and they're all being ignored by Codemasters. For example, the exclusion of the mission editor and mod tools, the two very tools that made OFP what it was, and continue to make the ArmA series what it is. Hell, it even made DR better, in a polishing-a-turd kind of way. By removing those altogether they remove all distinguishing factors between their game and all the other "tactical FPS" games on the saturated market, and they completely alienate their core audience by cutting them off from getting more involved in their game.

It's a much more admirable stance to listen and support your fans than it is to tell them to "fuck off", like CM are doing. Sure, that could be how CM makes more money, but money does not equal respect, and that respect diminishes even further when you lie about your product and act like frauds. CM have over the years garnered a reputation of being a sub-par developer and publisher, and have more recently garnered a reputation of being shysters. That will hurt them, and rightly so. Many independent developers pride themselves on how their fanbase supports them, be them a big community or a small one, and that's why indie gaming is flourishing at the moment when all the mainstream developers treat their fanbase like money bags.

Yes. What are you trying to say, that they didn't very much care for the community suggestions? Of course they didn't, and will probably do even less with RR. I was just saying what their obvious answer would be to the question, not comment on what they will actually do.

They're not some indie dev that would give a fuck about some whiny forum nerds and their stupid ideas.

And yet the clearly did and altered their game in it's production phase to meet the criticisms of their community.

Of course they care about what their community thinks. It's a valuable feedback resource for them.

That's not to say they will impliment every idea or the core of their game to pander those wishes. I'm sure they have other constraints to work within outside of every forum posters fantasy wishlist.

They are active on their forums and always have been. They clearly care.

I think for the first game at least they wished to emulate the community success of Operation Flashpoint. To provide a mission editor and prizes for mission makers, and make this a selling point and strong feature of their game.

But er... given that the game is played 90% on consoles, they would have had to develop a console compatable editor for this to have truely taken off.

There is a large difference between the community all wishing for this and them being in a position to produce it of course.

Most of what they altered as a result of community feedback pre-release were aesthetics, such as the camo being worn by the PLA, or certain issues with the models of weapons. Their "military advisers" did a horrible job to say the least, and still are. :rolleyes:

How can you say they care but take out what the fans appear to want the most? Not only that, but Mr.Lenton went on to devalue DR's only modder, Templar. If that's caring in your opinion I'd hate to see what happens when they don't.

Edit:

Hes an imbecile for coming here in the first place.
You said it man. He is just jealous of you guys. :)

:D

Ben, perhaps you'll want to do your fellow community members a favor and inform them of the situation? That is if Bascule there doesn't beat you to it.

... Or maybe you don't have to and I can continue to watch the hilarity, since it's been revealed that the new Polaris is indeed also an impersonator (I f*cking called it). Funny how you guys are quick to jump on a fake Polaris but not a fake me. :p

Edited by Zipper5

lol, Pol said that he would never touch the game nor forums again. So that was our first clue.

You post about that forum and look on that forum daily....