Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

Hyping a game by announcing theres no features we wanted in it? Hmmm.....

Don't worry, they will soon be launching a campaign to say that these features are all antiquated anyway, and that they have thought of brand new things that will totally revolutionize the future of modern combat :j:

Hyping a game by announcing theres no features we wanted in it? Hmmm.....

The hype won't begin for a long time yet. Telling the hardcore fans about missing features now will mainly serve to diminish the outcry when the game is finally released, perhaps even eliminate it entirely. As you can see on the ConsoleMuppets forums, lots of people have already resigned themselves to the facts and are even deluding themselves into thinking that it is somehow better this way. Do you think that would have happened of the omission of the editor and the other much requested features had become public around the time the game is released? I don't.

As it is now, what little indignation there is over the missing features will die out quietly, if it hasn't already. By the time the hype begins, the hardcore fans will already have warmed up to the lack of those features, and the new guys won't give a shit anyway. Win-win for CM.

You've got to hand it to them, they know how to sell those turds.

More money spent on marketing than on the game development itself. :rolleyes:

The hype won't begin for a long time yet. Telling the hardcore fans about missing features now will mainly serve to diminish the outcry when the game is finally released, perhaps even eliminate it entirely. As you can see on the ConsoleMuppets forums, lots of people have already resigned themselves to the facts and are even deluding themselves into thinking that it is somehow better this way. Do you think that would have happened of the omission of the editor and the other much requested features had become public around the time the game is released? I don't.

As it is now, what little indignation there is over the missing features will die out quietly, if it hasn't already. By the time the hype begins, the hardcore fans will already have warmed up to the lack of those features, and the new guys won't give a shit anyway. Win-win for CM.

You've got to hand it to them, they know how to sell those turds.

I do not see how no mission editor is better than a mission editor. I don't mind PvP, I mean its not exacly a big dev team working on it I guess, and scrapping PvP means nothing to me, I don't play it on A2 or DR much/at all.

Its the SP/COOP I care about. And If it doesn't get a ME, Im not really intrested. This weekend im gonna take whatever money I have and buy RUSE, I'm getting bored with playing over-done FPS' that play at 10 fps. Time for a RTS that actually plays at 60 FPS. lol

Why not continue saving whatever money you have and buy a new PC so that you don't have to play modern FPS games at 10 FPS? :p

Let him go & play R.U.S.E. with his(?) Pentium4 ;)

It was my brothers. :D

Plus, i've played both the betas and the demo of RUSE, and liking it alot. And since it actually plays on my system, I thought why not. :)

That looks like it was around the half-way mark moving from the OFP:E engine to the ArmA engine.

I really wish that "Flashpoint 1.5" saw the light of day on the PC. :(

Indeed. :(

Erm, Bohemia? Any leftover builds lying around? ;)

I doubt Codemasters would ever let them release OFP:E content for the PC, which makes me sad. It's the only thing I find I'm missing in the series. :(

It was my brothers. :D

Plus, i've played both the betas and the demo of RUSE, and liking it alot. And since it actually plays on my system, I thought why not. :)

Too bad you can't experience arma2, 10fps slideshow with ai without a core of their own (I have to give you some credit for even trying to play!). Save money until the day you can afford an updated comp, then you'll never look for another game than arma2: -) Don't give up! Take a job if you can, dont spend your money on crappy games(!) and tell your daddy that if he helps with some money you will never ask for any game but one; -)

Let him go & play R.U.S.E. with his(?) Pentium4 ;)

I used to play Arma 1 on a P4 :D

And only just better playing Arma2 with an amd single core! :cool:

I doubt Codemasters would ever let them release OFP:E content for the PC, which makes me sad. It's the only thing I find I'm missing in the series. :(

I would love to play the Elite engine CWC on my PC, that would be the ultimate Flashpoint experience.

Too bad you can't experience arma2, 10fps slideshow with ai without a core of their own (I have to give you some credit for even trying to play!). Save money until the day you can afford an updated comp, then you'll never look for another game than arma2: -) Don't give up! Take a job if you can, dont spend your money on crappy games(!) and tell your daddy that if he helps with some money you will never ask for any game but one; -)

lol... ArmA II runs actually well (20fps is well for my computer) when not around anything. And playing on CAA1 helps alot to keep it at 20-25, which is "playable".

However, it is known that the Micro-AI is supposed to be designated one core to itself in Arma 2. When only having one core on your processor, you're probably going to run into limitations with the AI because of it.

And yes, OFP updated with the OFP:E engine for the PC would be my ultimate OFP experience. Until CWR2, that is. :D

I used to play Arma 1 on a P4 :D

And only just better playing Arma2 with an amd single core! :cool:

Tell me about it cunto! :P

Well, I think I've found something that may put a smile on everyones face here :)

Something "nice..."

I like it, especially the "I never played the first ofp" parts...

Wolle will be sad, this may turn out to be a serious competition for the CWR2.

Well, I think I've found something that may put a smile on everyones face here :)

Something "nice..."

I like it, especially the "I never played the first ofp" parts...

Would be better than the missions that came with DR and the ones that came with A2, too. lol

I am rather confident that W0lle is not concerned about competition in the "Comedy, travesties and other things that make people LOLROFLMFAO"-department.

Would be better than the missions that came with DR and the ones that came with A2, too. lol

Particularly playing with only one core.

Edited by ProfTournesol

The OA and BAF DLC missions are actually on-par with the original OFP SP missions for the most part, in my humble opinion.

Someone remade 'Take The Car' for FPDR.

As you might expect, rather than be a tough-as-nails mission where you had to use stealth to outwit numerous guards who would wipe you out on sight, you could easily rambo the mission in five minutes on 'hardcore' mode.

The OA and BAF DLC missions are actually on-par with the original OFP SP missions for the most part, in my humble opinion.

from the BAF DLC being a particularly good homage to Steal the Car. :)

Yes, I've played GTI probably 20-30 times now. :D

And lol at them remaking Steal the Car in DR...

FPDR

Epic thread alert *over there* (snippet follows):

My opinion is that it's unsubstantiated fantasy written by "someone" seemingly derived from the false assumptions that;

a) Dragon Rising was a "failure": This is incorrect, we would not be making Red River if that was the case, we have almost 1.1million sales to date with almost 90% of those on consoles. Our average score is 76% and our Achievement and Trophy tracking data suggests that almost 80% of those users have completed the game.

b) New Environment, new characters, new weapons, new vehicles, new animation system, new Mo-Cap, new audio constitutes a re-skin !?!?

c) Codemasters as a corporate entity made business decisions based on Templars work: I'm afraid that other than the Dev's interacting with this forum and maybe one or two engineers that worked with him, Templar’s "fame" is limited only to this community.

I'm really under no obligation to respond to this sort of delusional nonsense, you might as well be asking me to confirm or deny that the Ego engine is powered by squirrel tears?

and... *somebody's* e-peen is in danger of shrivelling - oh noes!

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/general-discussion-1335/426334-truth.html

I thought 'squirrel tears' was pretty funny, in all honesty. :rolleyes:

And lol at them remaking Steal the Car in DR...

FPDR

Given the fact that it was one of the smallest missions in terms of AI. Let's see how they'll recreate "Battlefield" with their maximum AI count :D