Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

Grow up you two please and stop the silly bickering FPDR

One will quickly find that the mentioning of CM's "OFP" games rots one's mind to the point where one feels compelled to carry out such retarded discussons, Placebo. I call it the Red River effect...

*cough*

The comments on that article are priceless.

bought the first one played an hour of the game and hated it. one of the worst games iv ever played in my life
Dragon rising was F*cking awful, i think i got to mission 3 before i wanted to kill myself.

And i'm sure as hell i won't be buying another Flashpoint game ever again xD

"Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising was tremendously ambitious"

WTF???

Is there some other Dragon Rising I haven't seen.. :confused:

Has anyone counted the amount of facepalm smilies in this thread? :)

FPDR <-- Now I'm with facepalm :D

Tighter than Dragon Rising? Well, first time I played it got to level 3 and then I got stuck in a wall and died. Replayed level 3 and one of my squad mates turned into a helicopter which an enemy got in and destroyed me! That's not a joke,an enemy got in my team-mate and shot me.

Guess I missed a nice game :o

Has anyone counted the amount of facepalm smilies in this thread? :)

FPDR <-- Now I'm with facepalm :D

Guess I missed a nice game :o

A rough guess:

181 posts

smiley wasn't available at beginning

some used it twice or more

...wild guessed number: 200 times

PS: Love the image code for it.

Sometimes it's the simplest of things. :D

Red River? Are they serious? This title sounds close to "Brokeback Mountain"...

The most ironic thing about all of this is that they do indeed seem to be serious with that name. Wonder if it will go the way of the "2" in DR eventually...

FPDR make it 202 :)

Seriously? They didn't get the hint with Dragon Rising? And as has been mentioned why do they call it OFP3? I though they got made to drop/chose to drop the 2 so are we gonna have those issues again?

Just lol

FPDR 203....

EDIT: Red River ffs? lol

Edited by STALKERGB

Sion lenton said that DR got top slot 2 in the UK

also this quote "Dragon Rising was an incredibly ambitious game"

So what was Arma 2 or its fucking 40 dollars EXPANSION???

"OUT OF THIS WORLD..."

God I really hate journalism nowadays.. FPDR

I'll add one FPDR

This will be CM's 2nd attempt at dragon Rising with another name, this time it will have all the fixes, and they will do their best to patch it and maybe have a demo so us Arma folk dont waste our money on crap if the demo sucks.

I'll add one FPDR

This will be CM's 2nd attempt at dragon Rising with another name, this time it will have all the fixes, and they will do their best to patch it and maybe have a demo so us Arma folk dont waste our money on crap if the demo sucks.

I'll add triple FPDRFPDRFPDR and multiply it by four.

It's probably just dragon rising with the vehicles they left out and a new map.

To be fair, the first one wasn't a bad start for a game that is some kind of mix of OFP, Ghost Recon and Delta Force. They just made the mistake to call it Operation Flashpoint. I'm looking forward to seeing if they're trying to improve and fix it, or just cash in with nothing but a new campaign.

not including quotes or signatures, the smiley has been used (roughly) 45 times so far.

They just made the mistake to call it Operation Flashpoint.

Yupp -should've just made their own game -with no reference to Ofp FPDR (46?) ,just might of been a different story?

I think it's a bit unfortunate that Flash Point, the reason why most of us are here (or still here), is now a running gag... Operation Face Palm has a catchy yet tragic ring to it.

5 pages full of fail, really, how twist your mind have to be inorder to like Operation Facepalm Dumbass Rumbling (or should i say OFPDR? :D )to that level?

I think you guys are not the first one to do that:p

Well, from a logical POV it was inevitable that there will be a sequel to OFP: DR. It was was never the question "if" but "when".

And i also have a clear idea how the decisionmaking process at CM worked already for the first Operation Failpoint:

"So we have this OFP franchise, what can we do with?"

- "Easy, we release a sequel to it."

"Ok, but BIS already released a inofficial sequel named Armed Assault. Can we compete with this?"

- "Possibly, although we would need to develop a complete new engine to ensure that <insert OFP/ArmA Featurelist here> can be included. This takes a reasonable amount of time and surely does cost a bit. Besides that, BIS has a very loyal fanbase which will be hard to impress with a new OFP. BIS has set a high standard in this genre and also in aftersale support. It can be beaten but it will be very hard."

"Hmmm...too many factors that are unpredictable. We need something that puts us in a non-competitive position to BIS and their games."

- "Easy enough. BIS games aren't available on consoles and as far as we know, they wont be in the near or far future. If we consider to focus on consoles, we can make use of the already existing Ego-engine which would also cut-down development costs. This together with the name "Operation Flashpoint will put us in a unique position on console market. There isn't anything comparable to it."

"But is the Ego-engine capable to bring the OFP feeling to consoles?"

- "Not at all. We just push it as far as we can which should be enough for console players. Remember, there isn't a real alternative on consoles."

"What about PC?"

- "Well, the Ego engine is cross plattform so we can simply recompile the console code for a PC version."

"But shouldn't we rework some aspects for the PC? As example better textures?"

- "Not worth the effort. Since we have to compete with BIS on PC, even with best textures possible we couldn't get near to their games. No, just a simple port since it doesn't take much effort and doesn't cost much so we can get some benefit from PC sales but our main focus should be consoles."

"Nice"

END OF FILE

Remember, this is fully fictional but i would bet my ass (and wifey says it is a nice one) that it isn't too far from reality.

Well, with his username it's hardly surprising he got banned. But yeah, remembering the circus from the first game their forum management included deleting all posts and banning all users posting anything negative, so... Yay for boycotting Codemasters!