Sign in to follow this  
Undeceived

CM Operation Flashpoint 3 announced | "Oops, they're doing it again..."

Funny, I've been wanting to make Tajikistan for A2, even gathered a lot of resources ;)

I notice Baff1 one hasn't been banned to hell and back. I wonder if a similar thread or user would last as long on the CM forums?

I notice Baff1 one hasn't been banned to hell and back. I wonder if a similar thread or user would last as long on the CM forums?

Why would you ban him?

Why would you ban him?

You've missed the point. Any negative comment on the CM forums usually leads to a user being banned.

Oh ok... this thread would be great reading for them then.

they not listen, they swim in sea of self-confidence and self-proud "how great we are"

comments like "you made wrong game" "it's not what promissed" on CM is equal post deleted, user banned

To be honest I don't think Baff1 is flaming or doing a negative comment just for the sake of being negative. I think it's an honest opinion that we may agree or not.

I'm glad this is not CM forums.

To be honest I don't think Baff1 is flaming or doing a negative comment just for the sake of being negative. .

No, nor do I. He's given his opinion eruditely and entered into full debate. He just happens to be wrong. :)

I am very amused by the fact that wherever these news appear the comments are highly critical.

It would have been good to have a valid competitor. But in the end it turned out that OFP2 was just meant to be a short-term money machine.

Long time no see, Albert. :p

The biggest shame is that DR and Red River (eugh...) will probably tarnish the OFP name forever, and people won't even know of CWC and Resistance...

DR created the wound. Red River (what is this I don't even -) is the salt.

DR was a wound indeed.

I just hoped it would be an arterial one. That would have been the sad end, there and then.

But no, the cow hasnt been milked completely yet. There might be still a bit of milk somewhere in the udder.

Well i just read on another thread that DR has got an editor! shit! now i didnt even realize that... im gonna get it, check it out.

Well i just read on another thread that DR has got an editor! shit! now i didnt even realize that... im gonna get it, check it out.

yeah whats nice... about it is that its outside the game so to do simple tests you got to boot up the game, find the tiny little issue close the game, rinse repeat if it was like arma 2 (fast and easy) I would've used it more.

Well in Red River

-you cant pilot anything its probably going to be only infantry

-No player vs Player its going to be more "focused"

+Join in Progress Sions head is finally out of the sand for once, Nice.... :rolleyes:

yeah whats nice... about it is that its outside the game so to do simple tests you got to boot up the game, find the tiny little issue close the game, rinse repeat if it was like arma 2 (fast and easy) I would've used it more.

Yeah saw that, sounds dumb after the ease of mission making in arma, still theres no other game that offers an editor as such except for these 2 afaik, so just want to see what they got to offer in terms of an editor...

The worst thing is that you have to install the missions by hand, instead of having the game download them automatically when you join a MP game.

I for one appreciated the lack of JIP. It makes for more organized gaming by grouping the players before the mission begins and gives them the chance to discuss about it. Also, it pretty much forces more focused and realistic missions (ie, not stupid pseudo-rpg missions with infinite respawn that last 10 hours real time).

I for one appreciated the lack of JIP. It makes for more organized gaming by grouping the players before the mission begins and gives them the chance to discuss about it. Also, it pretty much forces more focused and realistic missions (ie, not stupid pseudo-rpg missions with infinite respawn that last 10 hours real time).

Yeah, because less functionality is more, right? :rolleyes:

Lock your goddamn server.

The best way to deal with Mr.Pulverizer is to ignore him. Now whether or not that means you put him on his ignore list, or simply disregard his posts, is up to you. ;)

The worst thing is that you have to install the missions by hand, instead of having the game download them automatically when you join a MP game.

I'm not sure what you mean but any mission you play of any kind in any game must be downloaded first. The ones from ArmA simply go into a storage folder instead of directly into your mpmissions folder. They can easily be found and moved.

LOL. Do you need to be forced to shop for food by hunger? Do you need to be forced to go to the bathroom by a foul smell and dirty pants?

I'm sure that everyone appreciates a lack of JIP if someone (or multiples) has a momentary netsplit between themselves and the server, and everyone either has to restart or play on without whatever proportion of their friends who organized and discussed their uber realistic missions.

I remember OFP, I remember people having power shortages, crashes, momentarily loss of internet and then have to wait a very long time looking at

the serverlist waiting for enough waiting people to force a restart.

JIP is the best new feature since OFP. Just get on decent server Pulverizer.

Edited by sparks50

JIP is the best new feature since OFP. Just get on decent server Pulverizer.

Or use your own initiative and organize something.

Eh, JIP's a great feature, I just don't like what it's allowed the MP scene to become...

OFP MP held the most fun experiences I've ever had in a MP game, bar none. :D

Eh, JIP's a great feature, I just don't like what it's allowed the MP scene to become...

OFP MP held the most fun experiences I've ever had in a MP game, bar none. :D

Perhaps you, computing, gaming, your friends, society, and everything was different a full decade ago.

...or maybe it's all down to the JIP feature :rolleyes:

Well, JIP has made huge and complex missions like Domination, Warfare and Evolution possible. It's also made it possible to only be playing said missions all the time... :p

Oh wow, flamebaits, trolls and patronizing... sometimes you guys still manage to amaze me.

---------- Post added at 10:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:39 AM ----------

It's also made it possible to only be playing said missions all the time... :p

That was my point exactly.

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 AM ----------

I'm not sure what you mean but any mission you play of any kind in any game must be downloaded first. The ones from ArmA simply go into a storage folder instead of directly into your mpmissions folder. They can easily be found and moved.

Are you familiar with the word "automatically"? I was commenting on how you have to download OFP DR missions by hand, which is bullshit.

Well, JIP has made huge and complex missions like Domination, Warfare and Evolution possible. It's also made it possible to only be playing said missions all the time... :p

Yet now adays all server play dom/evo/warfare/etc blah blah and basicly forget what COOP really was back in OFP:R days(Oh, just forget about OFPDR, COOP in that piece of junk just cant match what OFP:R had offered)