Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- NO DISCUSSION

_ Ekranoplane A90 Orlyonok

orlyonok_3-view.jpg

_SU 37 Terminator

su37.jpg2800297015_small_1.jpg

_Tu 160 Blackjack

tu160.jpg

Edited by F27Sharps

I'd really like to see realistic fire propagation (within reason, of course) and improved wind simulation.

Also, more realistic high altitude environment (like skybox changing when you get into stratosphere and aerodynamics being different at various altitudes).

_ UGV BAE Black Knight

black-knight.jpg

_ CV 90 variants (40/40 AAV/120/AMOS/Armadillo...)

Armadillo

CV90-Armadillo-2.jpg

90 40 AAV

cv90_3.jpg

CV90120+i-i07-10-76drawsko-cv-pt3.jpg

@F27Sharps

Can you please stop spamming this thread with your picture requests every other post? Your ideas and wishes look more like spam to me and I will begin to treat them as such soon.

Try to put some effort and thought behind your idea/wish and do not spam the thread with a constant flow. Thank you.

Knife sounds good, but for stealth. If you need to take a guy out from behind quietly it will get the job done. No stupid melee or knife fights.

---------- Post added at 18:50 ---------- Previous post was at 18:49 ----------

F18 hornet/superhornet

The ability to record the mission. I think this will be useful with SQUAD/CLAN competitions and with Bug finding. :D. Not fraps style of recording, but IL2 style where it records the mission and you can jump from player to player in the play back.

hello everyone,

i couldnt see it in the list but if it has already been mentioned before it just shows people want this as an option

i would like to see a SAFE mode for guns. currently we use ctrlx2 to lower your weapon to make it safe. i would like to see a better method to toggle your weapon, such as an mp5, to safe mode.

hello everyone,

i couldnt see it in the list but if it has already been mentioned before it just shows people want this as an option

i would like to see a SAFE mode for guns. currently we use ctrlx2 to lower your weapon to make it safe. i would like to see a better method to toggle your weapon, such as an mp5, to safe mode.

+1 to this

Jamming of guns every now and then would add a touch of realism. Different guns could have different jamming probabilities according to their real world reliability. The player could then for example be forced to hold down the reload key to attempt to unjam the weapon.

Jamming of guns every now and then would add a touch of realism. Different guns could have different jamming probabilities according to their real world reliability. The player could then for example be forced to hold down the reload key to attempt to unjam the weapon.

I think I have suggested this before, but here's a suggestion based on the idea of gun jamming: give us a "pre-fired" event handler that can stop a weapon from firing if the code returns false, while allowing the shot to happen if it returns true.

This way proper jamming could easily be implemented via scripting, and it would be fully customizable by modders.

Example:

// Make 10% of shots "duds"
_unit addEventHandler [
"preFired", 
{
	if ((random 1)<0.1) then {
		return false;
	} else {
		return true;
	};
}];

This request is more for gear/clothing, not features or gameplay:

BIS, could you add in the Crye Combat Shirt AC and Combat Pants AC, in multicam? I know that the current clothing is based off of those uniforms, but it doesn't look like them, and noticeably so:

arma3natocamohdpreview.jpg arma3cryecamohdpreview.jpg

----------Current uniform-----------------Mockup suggestion----------

Click pictures for full-sized images

Click here for complete mockup picture

I'm not suggesting you change the current one. I'm asking that you add an additional uniform in. Maybe the mockup one could be the uniform for the 10th Special Forces Group or something. And the standard for Miller's team.

Here's the actual uniform the mockup is based on:

http://www.cryeprecision.com/images/items/Fullsize/APRCS402LGR.jpg|http://www.cryeprecision.com/images/items/Fullsize/APRCP40232R.jpg

*only posted links because I'm not sure if these images are over the limit

Edited by antoineflemming

As demonstrated by the very cool M4 package, made by Hogthar and Mlacix, to be found here: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=16248

Demo pic here: eI35ml.jpg

I liked the solution to creating a 3D weapons sight so much that I thought it might be worth posting here. It´s really easy: it´s just a normal scope, with the appropriate zoom. (Other games who do this kind of thing are, for example, Modern Warfare, and Dragon Rising... uuuh.... as far as games go, those may not be the best examples, but you get the idea)

Despite this being a pretty low-tech solution, I find it better than the reticules we have right now.

Worth adding? Yes or no, I hope to see some discussion in the appropriate thread.

I guess a saftey lock feature on infantry weapons would be nice to prevent accidentally fire on long runs... :cool:

I would like destructionable buildings like in Red Faction.

Imagine flying into a building or skycraper like the World Trade Center and then having to collapse it.

Not that we need this for fun purposes. But it can have some tactical enhancements as well

BFBC2 and BF3 have good destructionable buildings and objects. But you want them to be completely based on physics...

Valclorion

Welcome to the forums :)

Be aware that posting images over 100kb is not permitted on the forum. We ask that you just link to them instead.

Please review the forum rules that you accepted on Feb 20 2012, at 07:56, in order to gain posting privileges.

§15) Do not hotlink images over 100kb (102400 bytes) in size

Do not link images over 100kb using the IMG tags to display an image in your post. If you wish to post an image larger then 100 kb feel free to post the URL instead of hotlinking.

My wish for ArmA would be to have a Terrain/World editor similar to the one in Unity3D.

Have easy terrain creation with various easy-to-use sculpting and texturing tools. Also, easy model placement similar to unity's (Drag and Drop with position, rotation and scale).

1) Improved stereo audio support. Ability for the normal sound player functions (say, say3D, builtin sound producers for weapons, vehicles, and triggers etc) to play stereo files. As distance to the sound origin increases, the sound becomes more and more mono.

2) Fix the stereo cueing. When I rotate my head, my 100% far ear goes completely deaf to the sound. Left/right positional cue is important, but this is way too much.

3) Add front/rear positional audio cues. A human being is able to pick up if a sound he knows is located in front of him or behind him. There is no need to go realistic here (too high cost vs experience gain), but I'm thinking maybe a slight dynamic EQ'ing of the sound would be sufficient to provide the cue?

More complex and dynamic AI hostility settings please! Add mission scripts that can make AI units hostile to individual players, or make the "renegade" and "captive" triggers side-based. Currently, if a Civilian or neutral Independent unit kills a couple OPFOR units, BLUFOR will target and kill him because he has gone renegade, even though he killed their enemies. It would be nice if attacking a side only made you a "renegade" for that side instead of all AI units in the game. This would give more freedom to mission editors to create all sorts of new mission types with dynamic, script-triggered AI hostility settings, from deathmatch, to espionage, to more complex insurgency and RPG maps.

Focus on the blood and gore system and add proper wounding and bleeding effects. The SLX mod for ARMA 2 is a excellent example of well done combat and as I have allready seen mentioned another good example is Red Orchestra 2. The combat should show that war is a gritty thing and getting shot is no laughing matter. Keep ARMA a PC only series because anything that is able to run on the consoles has probably been severly cut back.

Edited by BMFer

1 - Better CQB AI, or something that makes it easier for modders to do this but please just make the CQB AI devastatingly aggressive and fast. Superhuman skills please.

2 - AI Pathfinding which actually works. No offence haha

3 - Ability to "rest" weapon on window sills, rocks, for a stable firing position

4 - A more complex vehicle damage and repair system - to be honest I haven't looked too much into this part but it would be awesome to have actual items for repairs such as crankshafts, wheels, exhaust systems, a welding kit which an engineer could use or a repair supply truck could carry for spot welded armour repairs. Suspension kits e.t.c. and realistic repair times. Oil leaks. Even more complex things such as CV joints. I don't know about tanks but if you like I can email someone a list of general motor vehicle parts.

5 - Ability to set a single keys for "throw frag grenade" and for "throw smoke grenades" - the old system of having to change weapons to throw grenades is not instinctive

6 - Things that one does with ones hands should be quick and easy to do. Eg resting the weapon, throwing grenades, firing a underslung grenade launcher. Let us keymap 5 of these "hand-actions" so that we can have a quick and easy custom set up.

7 - A better optimized engine. Arma 2 doesn't run AMAZINGLY on my machine even with an i5 3.10GHz, 4GB RAM and NVIDIA GTX 550ti GPU.

8 - Make general movement easy. I mean, I could crawl through rubble or run through narrow doorways all day and never get "stuck". There's no realism in getting "stuck" like that. We need to be able to just run through buildings like we could in real life. A fluid motion. Maybe implement some sort of "collision avoidance code" which kindof nudges the player away from objects if they're sprinting but doesn't have an effect if you're just running or walking. Definitely there should be an option for the sensitivity of that "collision avoidance" and an option to turn it off though in case people don't want it or it does strange things.

9 - Make the player really get into the cover that they are taking, automatically. In real life even an untrained soldier would crawl as close to the rock that's protecting them so I think it should be automatic that the player swing his legs behind the rock or hug the rock closer whilst leaning etc. Kindof like ragdoll physics, but for live players who are hiding/taking cover. Also, give us some tools to hack our way into bushes and to dig foxholes. We want to be able to make our own defensive positions. And for snipers give us small hatchets and the ability to chop branches from nearby trees to make detailed hides.

10 - Crossbows!!!

11 - More lifelike animations. And again things should be faster. I guarantee you if I am being shot at and need to throw a smoke grenade it will take me less than 2 seconds.

12 - A detailed wounding and medical attention system, including everything that's in a US medics IFAK kit. This is so good because it actually trains people to have a better idea of how to deal with such medical situations in real life. I mean, I always thought that chest compressions and mouth-to-mouth were to sort of jump-start or shock-start the heart. I didn't realise until playing ARMA 2 with a medical system mod that they are actually to replace the heart and lungs normal function and keep oxygenated blood going to the brain to stop brain cells dying off while other assistance like ephedrine e.t.c. is brought to the scene. I will be happy to email someone a detailed list of possible injuries and their treatments and the supplies needed.

13 - Fixed the clipping bugs. They're very distracting.

I'm sure you guys know this by now but people are expecting Arma 3 to be incredible. The best FPS tactical shooter ever. This game (series) is definitely a part of video game history. I'm more excited about Arma 3 than I am about the blonde Norwegian girls I met last night. And there were 3 of them!!!

I will definitely be interested in being involved in marketing your game in South Africa, where I currently live. There is big interest here. Contact me if you like.

I'm also an excellent storyboard writer and a decent sound designer. Feel free to contact me with anything you may want.

Edited by mistermdg

1. Hands move to controls being activated in vehicles and aircraft

Hands shouldn't just be on the wheel/flight stick+throttle quadrant, and should also move the switches that control the fuctions as well.

2. Vaper Trail/ "Trace"

Sniper rifle projectiles have a visible vaper trial called trace that real life snipers use to track a bullet to the target

3. sound echo delay from distance

Starting from a few hundred meters out sound of bullet and weapon inpacts start to take longer to reach a person.

4. Ability to fire from a helo wilst holding a marksman rifle or return fire from the helo if coming into or out of a hotzone

5. tank interior and climb in and out animation