Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- NO DISCUSSION

Locked Doors: The ability to breach locked doors with shotguns and kick doors in for faster entry.

wish list:

1.- add knife system

2.- the possibilty to dig trenches, simple trenches,

3.- add new firing positions

4.- add burning fire

5.- add jump system to save obstacles

Why? Well....

(1) Knife system would allow to add crossbows (that are used for stealth operations), the knife COD4 style is not necessary, but like the Red Orchestra series. This way knifes can be attached to rifles. In my opinion there are some guys interested in modding napoleonic warfare type (me included), it could be very interesting, also a type of medieval units. I dont say add melee combat system, just a kind of perforant hit which can be useful for any kind of blade. I remember a video and a think some ppl is really interested, here is the link:

(2) Trench system is a must, not to build over the surface but to dig in. I think this can be done in open terreain not over pavement. It does not need to be a fortification just a hole in the terrain.

(3) New firing positions are really necesassary as map are more urban type and the character must try to fit what availabe is, but sometimes it is very difficult.

(4) Add burning fire. Well if there is water there must be fire able to dammage the character (I do not say to create fire in his clothes, just the dammage).

(5) Jump system or climb system. I mean that players must be able to climb walls not only fences half their height. I think on the posibility of a techniche (sorry i couldnt find a photo), a guy carries a shooter, the guy carrying the shooter supports his back in the wall, while the shooter climb the guy to be able to see over the wall and shoot.

I was able to say: clothing system and weapon customization system, but you already read my mind, guys. THANK YOU!

- to the dev; you may want to take a look at cape town, south africa, on google earth. could be a really cool city to emulate maybe in a dlc pack.

my city ;)

Ability of proper convoy movement without scripts: when a group of cars/trucks/tanks can move on a road together as a convoy without going off road/making 360 spins/ bumping into each other:bounce3:

* The ability when a unit surrenders being able to walk around while in "hands behind head" /or jog around with

"hands behind back" stance.

AI tactical retreat.

Proper cover system with a clear retreat destination then replan. In the case of an infantry squad under fire from armor in which the infantry has no AT capability -tactical retreat from cover to cover and then sprint for their lives. Buildings should be essential in this formula when urban.

I'd like to add on to the above, AI break contact. If an immense amount of firepower went over the players head and kept them down, they would be in awe. If they are outnumbered, outranged, or outgunned.

I'd also like to see modules, specifically for ambushes and other mission makers (literally it makes the mission, you play it over and over again just to be ambushed).

Hi there!

It would be great if while swimming we would be able to hold a dolphin (increasing our speed)

Full 3.0 Shader support with all progressive grafics features!
+100...

J-Guid

Posting in a gigantic font is obnoxious. The rules clearly state not to post in an all bold font.

Secondly, you have already been given an infraction for posting comments in this thread. I'm not sure how it can be made any clearer.

+1 Infraction

§12) Do not type in all capital letters, all bold, or in a non-black font

Typing in all caps equates (according to standard net etiquette) to yelling. It is also difficult and obnoxious to read such posts. This also applies to posting all in bold or all in a certain font colour just to try to make your words stand out, if your point is interesting enough or well written enough it will stand out. You're welcome of course to use different colours for parts of your post if it helps clarify certain areas, but typing complete messages in any colour other than black should be avoided.

§15) Do not hotlink images over 100kb (102400 bytes) in size

Do not link images over 100kb using the IMG tags to display an image in your post. If you wish to post an image larger then 100 kb feel free to post the URL instead of hotlinking.

I have some ideas that would increase the detail of Arma 3. I know the following has something "not so important" but I'm going to tell them anyway. I apologize if some of my ideas have already been previously told or are already in the production.

-Add the extra bullet that is in the chamber when taking another clip. Example 30round stanag clip + bullet in the chamber = 31 bullets

- Ability to fill clips that have incomplete ammo.

-Accurate wounds, bulletholes where you have been shot

- Blind firing and interaction with a wall when taking cover

- Surpression effect

- Weapon jamming and weapon malfunction

- AI taking cover when healing

- New healing animation and medical equipment

-Pouches for different kind of ammo like a pouch for grenade laucher grenades and rifle ammo on a separate pouch. AR ammo in it's own pouch. So basically more slots for diffrent ammo types like arma 2 has secondary weapon slots and primary equipment slots.

-Ability to carry more weapons, like carried in a backpack or on the back with strings

-Interactive hatches like the two hatches that the AAV from Arma 2 has at the back and the one on its roof.

-Authentic reload, taking ammo out of pouches. Making the reloading slower and more detailed.

- More add-ons and updates+patches that will add more game content and fixes

And most importantly solving desync problem and making the multiplayer more enjoyable.

I really appreciate you for reading this!:D

- reload aminations

- animations for handloading of magazines. halfway through an engagement you may have 4 magazines with between 5 and 8 rounds in each. you already have in place a system which keeps track of the rounds per magazine. it would be awesome to be able to then be able to open a handload dialogue (or maybe just incorporate it into the gear dialogue like have a "check magazines" command which then puts a little number on each magazine and you can then drag and drop magazines onto each other and the animation would play once you close the gear dialogue)

Building off of mistermdg's suggestion, I'd like for the hands to actually take the magazine out of the weapon and to drop it and then for the hands to actually put a new mag into the weapon. If you can animate the hands moving in the motion of putting a mag in a weapon and the mag showing up in the weapon, you can animate the hands actually guiding the mag out of and into the weapon. If there's any weapon with a charging handle, actually animate that. Tired of seeing the M4 in ArmA2 reloaded with out pulling the charging handle. So in short, no more generic reloading animations.

Also, it'd be really nice if a key press could mean different things based on the situation. ArmA2 already does this a little with prone. When walking, prone has the player get down. When sprinting, prone has the player drop down to prone. How about a key that normally has something to do with movement, for example, do something completely different when next to a wall for instance. Pretty sure this isn't that hard to do (as it works with the SMK pack). Walking and pressing the step over key just makes the character do the normal step over animation. Running/sprinting and pressing the step over key makes the character jump over an object. This is just hypothetical, but something like that could reduce the number of keys needed to do certain things. It would mean that you don't need a key for every single action. BIS could figure out what key presses would do what in a given situation. I'm not suggesting that. Just the concept of one key do a variety of things in different scenarios or situations.

- no more fixed locations to order your men to move/observe. let us tell them exactly where to go and exactly where to look. very important for rigid cqb fighting that we can control our squad precisely.

this would also help stop the problems of squad members going off to unexpected locations. i don't know how you'd implement this in code, but something like an xyz reference grid embedded in each map file would allow this. although the grid would then have to be limited to ensure only physically realistic locations be used. maybe the easiest way is just to add many more of the fixed locations. but like, many more. having a man at the corner of a room and not being able to tell him to go to the middle is a problem.

- please fix the clipping problems somehow.

- some sort of action planning system/dialogue, like in the tom clancy games, where one can set the movement path of each squad member, his stance, his awareness status, and his arc of fire. a lot of the time it's important to use squad positioning and arcs of fire along with stances to "lock down" certain avenues of movement with a few squad members so that the rest of the squad can operate in relative safety. this would also help make multiplayer more fluid and realistic as each member of the team would know what his/her squad leader wants him to do. whether he does it or not, or does it effectively, is up to him, but the team members would know what they are supposed to be doing, instead of acting individually. they would also know which elements of their team have been lost due to casualty or wounding. this dialogue should be set before the start of the mission and not accessible afterwards. there should be a function where the squad leader can give handtyped notes to individual members. the result will be a team of individuals who know the general goals of themselves as well as their teammates (from the map overlay with movement paths and firing arcs etc), and have a list of notes from the squad leader to guide them individually.

again, thanks so much for the great game. so many people love this game.

Edited by mistermdg

During Arma 2 i just found it the mod somone did called "Warfare mod"

Information::eek:

This unic mod allow you to build units constract buildings and diffrent kinds of vehicle depending on the diffrent faction you select from the start.

Gameplay::confused:

All factions have thier own "Commander" this guy are the only one in the team that can costract building and move the "HQ"

If the HQ is destoyed the faction will be annihilated.

All players all "Officers" this allow them to build units and vehicle from the buildings the commander builds.

"Officers" mission are to Capture diffrent locations on the map and kill all the hostilies (Neutrals) controling the points from the start.

When a location is caputred a vehicle will spawn and it will drive between the location and the HQ this generates money this will be divide amount the players in the team. (This can be ambushed and destoyed)

There are 3 factions in the game this makes it alot harder to fight an specific enemy team.

There are diffrent types of locations that are captureable, often villiges but there are also 1 to 3 Airbases. this allow the team to construct new units like planes and helicopters.

My wish::yay:

i would like to see this gamemode ingame made from the start so it wont be so buggy.

This would allow players to test diffrent types of gamemodes and i belive this would be really cool and popular aswell.

I strongly suggest you make this as an playable mod and works with it as you will patch up the game. Would gather alot of players sence common games, like (Cencur) failed.

Sry for bad spelling/grammar.

I hope you like my ide :). Thanks for a great Arma2!

If possible...

Mod support - hassle free!

- Appropriate mods are activated when a client joins a server that is running mods. If the client does not have the mod, then:

- Client prompted to download mod files when joining a server that is running mods that the client does not have. Saying "yes" begins the download, while still in-game, like downloading a mission. No need to manually find and install mods or use 3rd party applications to download or manage mods.

- Support for downloading from 3rd party host to reduce server bandwidth usage (server would have mod files uploaded to a host, would link host to server as the download source for the mod(s) hosted there

Improved Menu Control

In the last years I always saw a thread about the ARMA series in certain gamer forums and there was always a big point why people did not like the game and stopped playing.

One of the issues I did read more often was the integrated quick menu. They called it too complicated. i.e. Pressing 2-8-0 and so on...

Maybe some improved menu could create more customer in the future i.e. some kind of pop up menu in form of a big circle where you can choose with the mouse some visuel images..a feature where you have visuel more infos with just one click and further clickable images for the action, a small clickable feature at the baorder of them for the sub menu.

- improved weather, specifically rain. it would be awesome if you could somehow model the waters physics so that it would run off roofs and pool in depressed areas as in reality. as far as i know there is no such rain model out there so far. perhaps there is.

Can we have a commander position for airplanes as well, please? Should work like tank commander.

Thank you for your consideration.

Abs

what i really need to see in arma, after playing through all campaigns and DLCs, are several important refreshing things:

1. ability for both BLUFOR and OPFOR troops to make use of the buildings/houses, i.e. enter inside and fire through the windows, from balconies and roofs.

2. AI which aggressively responds to threats, i.e. providing more dedicated covering/suppressive fire during other troops' movement.

3. AI which, considering terrain and troop numbers, attempts left/right flanking maneuvers.

4. AI which will avoid engagement when they present easy targets. Right now, the way too frequently AI opens fire while crouching or laying down in the open which makes them ultra easy targets for any experienced player. I'd really see it as a huge improvement if AI goes for cover before opening fire. I've seen them doing this (after enabling a user made AI mod), however, it just don't happen often enough.

5. Fixing that stupid AI driving bug. Even after the v1.6 patch they still make embarrassing errors, i.e. hit foot mobiles/civilians and drive over them.

6. Quick access radial menu for speeding up frequently issued commands.

The 1st thing is most likely a vain hope. BIS devs have a rather strange idea of modern warfare. One that totally excludes CQB. It maybe too hard to script or the RV simply isn't capable to handle it properly.

As for the AI behavior, i think all those things are possible.

i agree with spotter, especially on point one. there is basically no fighting inside buildings in arma, which really sucks. i'd say it's armas greatest weakness, basically the only remaining major weakness. the lack of proper urban fighting and also (because of the fact that there are only set points that you can command squad members to go to) the lack of the ability to properly coordinate your squad in tight areas.

another point;

- the ai members of a squad should copy the leaders movements exactly unless ordered otherwise, so if the leader walks to the corner of a building and then sprints across the road in front of it, and then drops back down to a walk, the ai members of that leaders squad should do exactly the same.

---------- Post added at 09:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

- also the whole zooming in when focussing thing. it zooms in too far. yes there must be a focus function, to mimmick the extra detail that a human perceives when focussing on an area as opposed to scanning it, but the zoom is too much. it's very unrealistic and needs to be tweaked heavily in my opinion.

---------- Post added at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

- the leaves in the trees look blurry when close up. also those texture artifacts that glitch in and out of the frame.

---------- Post added at 09:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

- proper bullet penetration. so important for a proper experience, and then some good looking bullet holes would be awesome. i don't think it would be too hard to do the bullet penetration. assign every material in the game a penetration value per round type and sort it according to round velocity.

---------- Post added at 09:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:49 PM ----------

- video of 5.56 and 7.62 round penetration against various materials. currently this does not exist in any way in arma.

- better intrasquad ai communication. often i will set my machine gunner 200 meters back in overwatch on a hill and then move into the urban area with 2 other squad members. i know that there are times when the machine gunner can see my location and enemy location but he still says "enemy 5 o clock". realistically he would say "enemy 3 o clock, thats 2 enemy riflemen inside the compound (or building) to your 3 o clock" or "enemy 10 o clock, thats 1 enemy rifleman to your 10 o clock over the wall"

that machine gunner is alone. his point of reference must be your location. he needs to provide cover fire as well as be your spotter in order to be efficient. he must also notify as he engages so that if he is say 500 meters away, the sound of the bullets landing doesn't disorient you and leave you wondering who fired them. it will take a second for you to hear the weapon sound so in effect if he doesn't notify before firing or as he fires, you may think for a second that you're under fire.

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:51 PM ----------

again thanks so much for the awesome game. i think so many people have learnt and been inspired by this game i really do.

Edited by mistermdg

- ability to have proper "windy conditions" with gusting winds that aren't constant and drown sounds

- better stereo awareness of sounds. sometimes even when an enemy is firing from a fixed position on a calm day it seems like the audio origin of the gunfire is moving around when i move to approach it even if i know it isn't.