Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- NO DISCUSSION

-A.I.

I said that one of the the best advantages in A2 is including the community ideas from addon in A1 and OFP like animals, artillery etc.

And one of the this ideas - units play animations, writhe ,when player hit them in arm, leg, head.

Of course, players can to do that someself, using script like

_unit = _this select 0;

waitUntil {HandsHit _unit};

_unit switcmove "writhe-animation_name"

But its will be very good, if this will be included in game at release:)

Editor

Adding some new type of wayponts.

Expetially something like "Fire on this position" for suppressive fire.

_ some sounds in game menu and no only music

ex: reloading weapon sound when player click on option or fire sound when player launch campaign

JetSki's and Howercraft!

You asked for the JetSky a couple of pages ago man. Plus it's already on the list.

The hovercraft is already part of the confirmed features.

Probably already suggested.

Mod specific MISSIONS and MP MISSIONS directories reside inside the MOD Folder.

Can be played only once the MOD Folder is loaded.

Why: Simply Housekeeping

- Improved PvP and CQB gameplay

.....- Make weapons/armors damages more balanced from the differents sides

.....- Make more missions focussed on pvp

.....- Covering system, deploying bi-pod, fire from cover ( grenade or blind fire )

.....- Improved MP lobby screen, teamswitch, map cycles, votes

- Improved player agility and smoothies actions:

.....- Multiple animation for obstacle ( while walking, runing or being wounded and obstacle nature ex. cross little wood barrer, climb a ladder or a a fence got different animations)

.....- One key for action and not scroll menu

.....- When runing and crossing, make a fast jump action, an not a Stop + Animation + stop + continu

- Improved car animation depending on environement:

.....- When you are park next a wall, and exit, not teleport behind the wall like ArmA2 but block the car door, switch seat needed.

.....- When a tree or a wall is broken on groud, he loose this bloking property and you can pass through in A2, make solid texture with that can block vehicle.

.....- Weather can change vehicle handling ( heavy wind, rain, snow )

Already linked, but, like we can see in the dev video on arma 3, will they keep the hudge scroll menu with more than 10 actions?

- Improved weapon animation:

.....- Animation for changind scope, put silencer, full changing clip anim

.....- 3D scope + Picture in picture

Better Armament System: Like firing range, show only 3D weapon or vehicle ( rotate, zoom in/out ) with desciption, assiciated scope.

In A2, we have to: Select map(loading) select weapon name from a long list, press show (loading screen), press view(loading screen), press info...

Edited by MisTyK

breaching of wooden doors with shotgun

angle / door grenade throw

grenade timing

ability to enter every building on the map or in one city.

flexible agility system, depending on the soldiers load ( the heavier, the slower )

ACRE ( radio module )

AI doing bounding / overwatch, giving covering fire

Fast Roping from helicopters

two comrades helping one comrades to walk, carrying one comrade

medical system, implemented are, plasma, epi, morphine, bandages, compresses, CPR, blood sharing.

and all the effects that come with it.

Just had a idea and its simple i would like all the tech/weapons fetured in the show Future Weapons.

Please, THE SOUND, make it more dynamic for distance and position and enviroment. and please, the explosion sound FX make it very LOUD!!! dirt, shrapnel and incoming debris too

I have put this into the Arma 2 forums but i guess as Arma 3 is coming it might be better to have it here!

I would like to see a mod where the actual behaviour of the AI replicates the real actions of the forces that they represent i.e. Insurgents dont tend to stand and fight they shoot and scoot ambush etc, regular soldiers will stand and fight push through positions using approved tactics. This would need to be generic in order for it to work well but you should be able to adjust the skills of each similar to what is currently available. The tactics used by each faction are readily available from the internet.

- the bullet penetration is very important for realism as a 7.62 nato round will go straight through a 2 brick wall. if you are inside a regular small house and a machine gunner is firing up that house it will literally tear the house apart. trees too. which means that half the cover used in arma 2 is actually totally unrealistic.

MoCap somelikes Kinect allow control soldiers bones in game!!!

Making it so that the variables in the code can be selected to update when copypasted. Here's an example. You have Unit and Car.

You input Unit moveInDriver Car;

Say you want more of them, you just copy and paste them making Unit_1 and Car_1. I'd like the code to be updated so that Unit_1's init field says Unit_1 moveInDrive Car_1;

Now, obviously, this should be optional, since it'd be equally as annoying having to remove _1 from lines of code if you want units to go into the same vehicle.

An "Advanced Editor Options" menu, perhaps?

the ai get allways a name but she doesnt use him in radiochat. It would be better when she would use the names instead of the numbers with the numbers it sounds in my opinion too robotic.

i think it is not to difficult to record some names it would only took some time.

Add an option in menu to disable long radio reports from your AI. So they would not report coordinates which can be rather annoying if you have 12 guys in your squad or even russian :). With option disabled they would only say something like "2/3/4... green or OK", something like that but full text would be displayed in subtitles. If you have subtitles disabled then you just enable long radio reports.

Animations and sounds for switching firemode type (for example from burst to semi). Also this should be separate key from changing weapon to grenade, satchel, etc.

I would like to see jump and slide.

yeah, i know all the hard core fanbody will go nuts. we dont need this shit blah blah blah..

but after playing the I44 mod. i found it verry usefull and a cool thing. altho the jump animation looks a bit lol.

i think they managed to do it in a good way.. press X while standing still and you do the normal Crouch animation.. sprint and press X and you do a Slide.

same with V. press V while standing still and you do the normal Step over animation. sprint and press V and you do a jump..

since they are reworking the animation system. i hope they include this.

Edited by nuxil

I'd like to see the developers battle it out against each other in some PvP action, it would be the perfect way to flaunt some of Arma3's new features and a whole lot of fun for us guys to watch.

I welcome, at once I want to apologize for English because I translate through the translator. Can there were many such themes, well excuse, English badly I know, In general search I can not use.

1. It would be desirable to conduct in game shooting from cars passengers, whenever possible Has flown down lifts.

2. To the physicist of cars, in Arma 2 movement realistic, but damages ridiculous, but in water occur explosion)) same ridiculously, make please that transport didn't blow up at crashes and that simply smoked and wasn't got. And not burst tire covers, and as at a motorcycle that the car at critical damages slowly moved.

3. The most important thing is more options of driving, a manual brake, it I not search in the previous parts of games. Simply by the plane not to fly up with car onboard with gasoline therefore as it or takes off from it, or blows up.

4. In the second part a portrayal of salon at military cars at height (!) and at civil cars in salon dim structures, it would be desirable everywhere beautiful high-quality structures, and that to look oppositely (without insults, it is truth).

5. Speed too in Arma 2 ridiculous, 120 kilometers per hour? I don't feel it, well at most it goes 70 kilometers per hour, and 120 it is not enough somehow where realism? Here 160-170 it would be quite good. And proslipping from a place in the second part isn't present, too it would be desirable.

6. The operated paraclown is in your missions, and in the editor at a jump a jump from the plane it isn't operated, it is necessary to do long enough and painful actions to achieve the same result.

7. Necessarily try to realize walking in the bus, that is freely to move on vehicles.

8. Headlights at cars, I think it is necessary to make more realistic light.

9. Dirt structures on transport, at long driving that there was all in a dirt.

10. It is more than living creatures, cattle, pets (cat), it is more than versions of birds and that only a raven in the second part.

11. More than the objects unhooked from the earth would be a high. Something similar on half life 2.

In the conclusion I wish all developers and your company of prosperity, health, and all most the best! After all your simulator unique! BIG to ALL OF YOU THANKS!

players can push eachother by physX, just image, you up to second flor on balcony, and see enemy, shoot him?! NO! push! he must fall dawn and died(broke head, neck or legs nad hands) :)!

Thats good for PVP reaseon!

Player can try push light cars, if he stacked in dirt or between stones

At attachment of vehicles that they did not move synchronously! That is the high-grade tow is necessary unequivocally!

As in GTA IV ragdoll when in run you hit about other person it falls.

The main thing is not quantity but quality! Don't hasten in game release, we in the second part haven't played enough.

The introduction of backpacks in OA was really useful, but is limited.

IRL if a soldier in a group under fire runs out of ammo, he doesn't go wandering about to grab ammo from a colleague - he'll call out & if possible a nearby colleague with spare ammo will throw him a magazine. Not really a good idea for grenades :eek: & not feasible with rockets, but for rifle mags it would be cool (not sure about MG/AR ammo - too heavy?).

Units with backpacks would throw a magazine (with accuracy determined by distance & magazine weight, with perhaps a small random variation) & the backpack mag count decreased by one, in response to an AI or player "out of ammo" call. If the backpack unit is too far away (or his backpack has run out of that ammo) the nearest colleague in range with that ammo 'spare' (say 2 or more in inventory) would throw a magazine.

Throwing animations (grenades, etc.) already exist & did at least as far back as A2. I don't think it would be vital to animate a backpack unit taking a mag from his pack (which would increase CPU load).

Would likely extend firefights - units stay in cover without wandering around & remain able to fire from that cover; would add more realism; would reduce egregious 'player killed' events; & generally make player's life easier (especially as team leader) - as well as longer.

Thanks to msy for the original suggestion:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?131393-Make-AI-Ammo-Assist-a-real-assistant-who-can-give-you-ammo-actively

BR

Orcinus

Edited by Orcinus
Forgot to credit msy, apologies

i really like your idea ! with ace i know you can take some equipement from your mate's backpack but i think all of the ace stuff need to be put in A3 that's my opinion ;)