Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- NO DISCUSSION

Suggestion : the israeli SPIKE-LR missile mounted on tripod, equiped with fiber-optic communication to and from the launching soldier during flight.

there is a camera onboard of the missile and you can guide it to the target from the launching tripod while staying covered behind a hill.

this is a deadly and accurate weapon with no-escape capability.

Edited by cychou

Ability to choose a "default" uniform that overrides other uniforms in single player missions so we can use our favorite looking style of camo or whatever if we want to. (I don't like pant legs not tucked into boots or using bright desert camo in Chernerous!)

Better yet, choose a default set of uniforms for general single player play for your entire squad, so you can always be playing the "The dirty dozen", or the crew or "Where eagles dare". You get the idea...

Edited by Libertine
Was asked to clarify

Possibility of adding admin privileges by adding players UID into server side list. It would resolve many server hacking situations.

what i'd like to see in arma 3:

-fastrope from choppers

-ability to shoot from vehicles (like in cargo position in choppers like MH-6J)

-better AI (pilots and driving/pathfinding - snipers with 12.7 rifles able to shoot from 1km)

-ability for AI to drag and heal

-animations like in this mod http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14012

content :

IDF !!!

israely defence force

they allready got all vehicles in lol

In AO now, VTOL aircraft can land, taxi, take-off from the Carrier / Khe Sahn. Awesome.

But lets break one of the long time restrictions.

Code Flexibility:

- Allow airports / air strips and taxi-ways to be defined AFTER loading a terrain/map.

Preferable with a script. An global array could hold secondary definitions.

This would allow airports to be moved about.

Mission makers could define rough airstrips etc near their land or sea base.

Undefine and move when the base moves.

A combination of the ACE interaction system and the interaction system found in Splinter Cell Chaos Theory (and its predecessors):

In the top right corner of the screen (or anywhere else for that matter) there are two "dropdown-boxes", one for interaction with the world, the other for self interaction. Next to the boxes it says which key is bound to that action (for instance windows app key) and in the box itself there's one of the available actions (this, of course, should be the most common action used in the situation. For instance: get in pilot when looking at the door to the pilot seat).

When the player then presses the key, the action currently listed in the dropdown box will be executed. When the player holds the assigned key, the box will drop down and the player can then cycle through the available actions with the scroll wheel. Releasing the key will execute the selected action.

This, combined with hotkeying all pieces of equipment in your gear, could completely replace the scroll wheel menu which is currently there in A2. I don't know if this is the best solution, but it's a suggestion.

Dear BIS,

If you decide to put in another Nuke at the end of the campaign or some other massive explosion, maybe just explosions in general. Please try to let them look more lifelike. In Arma 2 most big explosions and especially the nuke looked like a random collection of dustclowds and fireballs. While most explosions only experience a brief moment of combustion at the center of the detonation (the orange or yellow flash that visible for a brief second), the nuke could be greatly improved. I've already seen some mods out there that do a better job but I believe you guys can make something really spectacular.

Lets finish this post off with a nice frame in the life of a real Jdam:

http://gmeci.ekoagency.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/JDAM-blast.jpg >100kb!

Edited by Foxhound

Really dreaming:

More complex civilian AI behaviors:

-Dense Crowds

-Stampeding

-Rioting

-Refugees

-Worship

-Attentive audience

-Funeral protests

-Rock-throwing mob

-Lounging

-Mass Casualty/Illness/Medical Emergency

-Bargaining/negotiating

-Party behavior

-Police behavior

-Variable formations for civilian groups (e.g. Queuing, chit-chatting, speaker/listeners,)

-More complex danger reactions

-Molotov Cocktails, Machetes

-Terrorists hiding among civilians

-Rubbernecking

-Commanding civilians (Disperse, arrest, traffic direction, negotiate)

Better AI road driving

-Less crashing into stuff and each other

-Less vehicular homicide of pedestrian soldiers.

-Quit having tanks stop for bunny rabbits.

-Better passing and pulling over.

-Better convoy behavior

-Better AI bridge crossing

-Trains

Riding on tanks and other armored vehicles

Less repetitive/robotic AI speech.

Option for AI screaming, pain, panic, crying, confusion, desertion, insolence, rude gestures behind your back, insubordination or other bad discipline.

K-9 units with bomb sniffing and other behavior

Better AI path-finding in urban environments so whole squads don't stop because someone gets lost in a back yard.

Better AI in-building behavior (going to rooftops, finding cover in windows/doors, not falling from buildings)

More destruction

-trees splintering

-forests burning to charred stumps

-more detailed building destruction

-partial building destruction

-dirt/dust/smoke making objects grimy

-tank turret separation

-aircraft shattering to pieces

-optional blood and gore

Environmental enhancements

-Variable seasons

-Water flow (creeks, streams, rivers, waterfalls at variable altitude, flooding, waves)

-Deformable terrain in-game (e.g. cratering, trenches, foxholes)

-Mobile rocks/avalanches that cause damage

-Firestorms

-Smoother in-building mobility

-Climbing/descending ladders without having to do keystrokes/mouse clicks

-Realistic acoustic echos and distance effects

-Powerful wind and sandstorms blowing debris around

-Make artillery shell strikes in water look better.

-No high-fly bouncing vehicles

-More wildlife and wildlife AI (Ducks, geese, deer, packs of dogs, flocks of birds, schooling fish)

Editing

-Anything that makes modding/mapping/scripting etc. easier and more powerful is good.

-Easy to use camera functions for taking pictures and making vids

Arma is a great game. Keep up the good work.

I have a new suggestion regarding jets. I'm not sure how jets fit in to the game in other modes, personally I only play CTI so that is where my thoughts come from. But here is my suggestion to, in general, make jets less annoying for other players, and more enjoyable for the person in the jet!

Make it so that there are FAR more important ground targets (structures) on each team. Some could perhaps be part of the world itself - for example, important bridges going across a valley, and if there were some sniper towers or buildings with a balcony overlooking a valley etc.. if the AI made good use of these buildings to hide in etc, then it might be advantageous for players in jets to bomb these buildings in a town, and save human losses trying to take the building on foot with a dangerous fire fight. There could maybe even be some new buildings too, like chemical plants, and power plants and generators which provide not only lighting to a village, but other things too - like supplies. So once your team captures a town, you want to build these fundamental buildings in the village to help it provide something useful for your team.

Besides fixed buildings, there could also be far more player built stuff. Anti Air sam sites etc.. radar towers, gun positions, medical centres, helipads etc...etc.. I know the game already has stuff like this, but it tends to very rarely get built out in the world. When there are only a dozen buildings and they are all constructed at the main base, then when a player gets a jet, all they can really do is start dropping 1000 pound bombs on some dude on a quad bike, or seeing if they can shoot some guy on foot, or whatever. That should still be allowed to happen, but seeing as it's not much fun being on the other end of that kind of persistant assault, I think it would be a good idea to provide far more targets for pilots. That way they can keep busy playing like a REAL life pilot does, bombing important targets, structures, tank columns, power stations, bridges, chemical plants, etc.. not just flying around looking for kills.

p.s. Of course, destroying these buildings would need to provide rewards to both the jet pilot and their team.

Edited by Pummel

Some more stuff considering fixed wing aircraft/helicopters.

Give us the capability of a targeting pod for locking onto fixed targets or a laser designation from ground troops. These were already modded by some people (mando missle for instance) but I think BIS can also have a very realistic take on this. Same goes for the TADS on a Apache gunship or the TV targeting done by an AC-130 for instance. I don't really know what its called for real but you all know what I mean, the FLIR images we see every day on CNN.

And what also would be really cool if this could be in direct feed with the soldiers on the ground. So they can see what the pilot/gunner sees when they are targeting hostiles.

Better player unit movement/control in general (not getting stuck in doors, inability to move for a moment when falling down from small heights etc).

my wish for the arma3 map are more rivers and bridges because it's an important stragetic element!

Good anims-good AI-full DX10-11 functionality-optimisation. Well...you know...all that good stuff that most likely won't be there=)

I have a simple yet effective wish for the settings UI in ArmA III: Numerical values for mouse sensitivity settings.

I'm very tired of adjusting the smoothing/sensitivity from the config files as it's impossible to accurately make the X and Y axises in 1:1 sync from the options. Would be a lot easier to get the perfect sensitivity if I can adjust it from the settings while in the game.

I'm loving the details like when my avatar lights up a cigarette when idle, or when they shout: don't fuck with me buddy, really adds to imersion and I'd like to see some more of these...

They (avatar) could maybe start cleaning their weapons, re-check optics, clean them or make some push-ups for example :p

• Animation for the embarkation and disembarkation for vehicles.

• Flashlight which don't light through the walls.

• Two (not one) headlamp's lights.

Of course, these staff not so important like deers, ducks, sharks etc, but I think there was lack of those things in ArmA 2.

Edited by TheChaos

Well-fitting door sounds (buildings). To be able to carry wounded soldiers with 2 people and able to use stretchers. Loading heavily wounded/dead units into any vehicle (eg placing on an empty seat). Proper animations, sounds and more delay for stuff thats goes below the ground surface.

More inverse kinematics on everything.

Like in-game characters actually walking on steps, grabbing rungs when climbing ladders, animations when opening doors, entering vehicles, sitting in vehicles/on chairs.

Just more real interaction instead of animations which looks like someone is walking, pushing, pulling, grabbing (in/on the) air.