Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- NO DISCUSSION

Pls BIS dont get yourself sunk in the work! You said you wanted to concentrate on less but better worked out inputs for the game!

Now Limnos shall be the biggest island of all arma titles. I hope this wont affect the quality badly.

I'm reading that you think to put cats rats and dogs into the game. I really cant see how you can manage to put them into the game without making them look in a wrong place.

If rats for example should add realism to the game they need an own behaviour. And they need places in the terrain to hide - like holes and stuff. Now to make rats in some way fit into the game you have to do a ..pardon...shit load of work and it adds quite few to the game if not fitted in right.

So in my honest opinion I would cut that idea out. Same goes for some other ideas which sound like they come from hobby mission designers who dont really know how to set up a convincing and realistic mission design but heard of such nostalgic effects like rats crawling up on the side of the street.

Dont get me wrong - I really love what you are doing with Arma! But thats exactly why I am afraid you could get yourself caught in too much work.

Pls concentrate on the important stuff and give us quality! Pls pls pls!

And pls look at the little things in the game! Like LODs which are fitting and well worked out, or like the changeover between things coming out of the map - llike trees houses and stuff.

Or like walls which are not rly detailed like in Arma2 OA or like the destroyed houses in the same which...sry...rly looked crap.

Sry to say so, but take a look at the games BFBC2 or BF3. Not in the way the gameplay works but in the way they designed the environment like buildings, plants, mud, dirt, destroyed houses (This exspecially!). They often get a lot more fitting image with less polygons like you.

Oh! And an important one! In Arma2 it was very simple to differentiate between infantery and environment at far. Somehow it seemed like two different materials which were quite easy to differentiate.

In BFBC2 and BF3 this never happens. Infantery fits perfectly in the background. Pls this is a very very very important thing in the game!

In close areas infantery fitted perfect in the environment - perfectly. But at distance they were very very very different. Pls dont make this mistake again!

Also the LODs were awful at some point.

You thught you were good hidden?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4934308/Arma%20TEst/example_2.bmp

You werent!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4934308/Arma%20TEst/example_1.jpg

It should be that the nearer you are at a vegetation - the better you can see the behind. Other way around: The farer away you are from a vegetation the worse you can see the behind!

In Arma 2 its the other way around...the farer away you are the better you see the people hiding. That is ridiculous.

Pls overwork the camouflage and fitting of infantery into the environment!

And pls overwork the silhouette of your plants!

In Arma2 it was impossible to hide behind a bush for a tank or sth - the silhouette allways showed off your feet.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4934308/Arma%20TEst/Buesche_1.jpg

This is how it could be done better

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4934308/Arma%20TEst/bushes.jpg

I will add some example pitcutes of how the inantery was quickly spotable in arma2 and how hard it was to tell the enemy from the environment in bf3/bfbc2.

Oh and Mando missiles would be a great expansion!

Loal lobl und laser designation for different helicopters was integrated in several addons - i am sure you can do this too and maybe better!

More and better death animations. It works fine like following: Have some different death animations for a hit in each part and let them vary.

Of course this animation will be played after beeing shot. But when another force effects the dead body - your new ragdoll system comes into play.

This way the dead body does not plop to the ground like a puppy.

I rly appreciate your work!

Greetz

Edited by NordKindchen

1. AI units that are are smart enough to reload and refuel on there own... I hate mirco managing at work and in the game... :)

2. Click and point control (using the map) for the commander in warfare... rather than menu driven... A little RTS style control would be nice and make managing more stream lined.

3. Blood trail for wounded soldiers... I remember playing OFP with the snow mod, I shot at a lone AI soldier and thought I hit him.... but he just ran off.. Upon close inspection of where I last saw him, I found a blood spot... and another... etc... so I tracked him through the woods using the blood trail... pity him...

1. Sharks

2. Whales

3. Monkeys

Edited by James2464

1. Monkeys

2. Sharks

3. Whales

4. Onions

- Having base defences (such as giant sandbag blocks around bases) that we can lift up and move and build a new base somewhere else with them without having to use a script to put it back together, i.e. using physx to place them next to each other with a crane or forklift truck, could make for some interesting COPs on long missions.

-Some sort of crane to do that as well

-Some sort of truck/lorry to carry them around Lemnos

- The ability to put stuff on a pallet, and then have it get wrapped in cargo net so we can then just lift the pallet by lifting it into a truck, putting it in the back of a aircraft, or slingloading it.

The ability to filter multiplayer servers by their current difficulty level. Would save long periods of trawling through the browser looking for Veteran games!

---------- Post added at 07:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:04 PM ----------

And Takistan/Zargabad or similar contemporary middle eastern theatre (+OA content) updated to A3 engine and released simultaneously with Arma3 (as paid DLC if necessary).

Edited by Mandrake5

In the editor, when you give a soldier a rank that the rank shows on the soldier's icon.

Improve the grass.

In Arma 2 it often was pretty unfair, because when hiding in high gras you could see nothing but the enemy was capable of seeing you because you were only sunken into the ground for him a bit

Also when you were lying on a hill and aiming downwards - you could not aim because the gras blocked your view while the enemy could clearly see you!

Solution: Create some nice looking gras with pretty variation which is not too high and allows you to aim and shoot well.

For higher gras: replace the gras in the far with small bitmaps. This doesnt cost much capacity and allows the player to be better hidden in high gras in the far! Also this can rly look nice if used right. At least some high bits of gras could be replaced in this way:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4934308/Arma%20TEst/gras_1.jpg

For example the marked ones.

Nothing is more frustrating than feel hidden in high gras while you are in reality clear visible for anyone far away.

Pls have a accurate look on how the environment works together with the combat and the camouflage! It would be really nice if a ghillie suit would finally really hide a sniper!

Also: Pls have a look on the LODs of the trees and bushes - make them a littler wider the farer away the tree/bush is! This simulates the fact, that you can better see through a bush, if you are near to it.

In Arma 2 you could see better through vegetation the farer away you were. Pls plps pls fix that.

I am really looking forward to your game!

Greetings!

- As well as select your own face texture, select your own face .rvmat, normal, specular and ambient shadowing textures.

As well as selecting your own face .rvmat, normal, specular, and ambient shadowing textures, select your head model from the available heads, so that your head goes with your custom face.

JavaScript scripting. Because I believe it's a wide-spread language. Maybe You can use V8.

I thought that HTML (with CSS) interface would be also nice... I think I was wrong.

JavaScript scripting. Because I believe it's a wide-spread language. Maybe You can use V8.

I thought that HTML (with CSS) interface would be also nice... I think I was wrong.

This?

I would highly appreciate a small scale "official experiment" with the "Damage to Model" system as recently presented by Thromp as a modification for TOH.

Not asking about adding this feature but rather testing it with some chosen objects as a proof of concept and showing what the engine is capable of. This might also lead to improvements of the system and therefore be a valuable addition for the modding community to work with :)

Could all the necessary assets for the ArmA2 islands be included in ArmA 3? In other words, could all the buildings and plants used in ArmA2, Operation Arrowhead, and Reinforcements' islands be included in ArmA3 so that players could theoretically play on those islands as well (kinda the way CAA1 works)? I mean, of course the better option would be to have these islands modified for ArmA 3 and to include them, but the "CAA1" option would be less work on BIS's part.

Second wish: Maybe this (and the wish above) would be more appropriate for a DLC-centered discussion, but it'd be nice if BIS included units from ArmA2,OA, and BAF or 2035 versions of those units, since they (USMC, USARMY, and BAF) are apart of NATO.

- force the firing of IA (rifles, grenade launcher, grenade, gunner, etc ...) the selected unit and a click

- simulate the mud, in rain, slippery slopes (soldiers and vehicles, less with tracks)

- dynamic weather option in the editor

- type claymore traps

- a gourd to drink out of breath if a soldier, and so the soldier is a little less breathless

- different sizes of the soldiers (tall, thin, short, fat, ...)

- able to cut barbed wire fences with pliers

- evolutionary building (destroy in part by shells)

- building more open (all or by breaking the door!)

- best physics helicopters (to TOH ???)

Edited by Dan7
Add idea

little wish on rotative map,

Option for turn the map on a 360° axis like google map ( example hold alt, like free view )

compass_spr2.png

Though this is rather, err, out of place, to ask for two simple bits of content, admittedly one of which has already been asked for, it is just two of the things that I -really- wanna see in ArmA 3.

Number one if the G36 family of weapons, the M8 family would also be nice, but the original design is what I'm most intrigued by.

The secondary thing that I'm interested in is the ability to customize vehicles, and in particular, a vehicle, which has this capability: the Bradley. It would be nice to see, instead of having three different models, that one could choose to equip it with, say, TOWs, or a Stinger pod, or even a Javelin missile pod, rather than having to choose a unit which has already been lined out for a job.

It would be great if arma 3 would have a replay option.

Like many other games, that you can replay the game [both single and multiplayer]. And than watch them [learn tactics and make movies].

Also it would be great if you would make an option in the replay so you could move around the map, so people can make movies of arma.

Im sure "building" a replay option isnt too hard to make, yet it will make the game so much better.

Thanks...

The option to set weapons, magazines ect. available to players during the briefing side specific. For example:

class Weapons_east
{
class AK74 {count = 8;};
class RPG18 {count = 2;};
class Binocular {count = 2;};
};

class Weapons_west
{
class M16 {count = 8;};
class M136 {count = 2;};
class Binocular {count = 2;};
};

ZOMBIES!! Like in 28 days later. Mostly for multyplayer. Yes i know modders did some zombie mods, but its shit, they cant do good animation and scripts, only developers can do it, so i and zombie fans begging arma 3 developers to add real zombies to editor so modders can do the real staff)))

Zombies+Soldiers+Island = WIN!

What is it with you people and your obsession with zombies, yeesh.

Oh and nice job calling something that a person or group of people make with hours of their free time shit, brownie points for you.

Properly simulated peripheral vision.

I shall somehow attempt to explain my idea :-)

So there's the usual clear view of approximately 90 degrees field of vision (FOV) on screen as in normal games.

But with an additional blurred border around the edge which represents the rest of the human field of vision.

So all the objects and scenery that would normally be off screen and invisible in normal games are still detectable & you are still aware of somethings presence, size, location, movement and colour within almost 180 degrees lateral & 100 degrees vertical FOV.