Maio

Arma 3: Community wishes & ideas- NO DISCUSSION

Ladder climbing

Change the animation so that it goes slower and higher and the hands don't actually go on the steps but rather hold on to the sidebars.

GAME ENGINE

The most, I would like to see better graphic effects for rain, like seen in Stalker game - muddy ground, wet asphalt with pools, wet uniforms, water flowing on walls and vehicles, visible rain drops in windows/vehicle windshields.

A.I.

Team-members could be ordered to follow without falling back at all (giving change to withdraw)

Animals would be able to attack (bears, lions...)

Animals:

Bears

Variety of civilian skins, vehicles and items is vital for creating roleplay missions - and people love them.

make the commanders setup possible routes from city to city.

sometimes the opposing force can choose to ambush the routes between two city's to cutoff its supply.

the commander can then switch to a secondary route being taken by the supply convoys.

one way to pull this off is by letting the commander give several waypoints in-game to the convoy (maybe with cycle)

if this is something that must be done then

it will keep the player motivated about thinking what city's to capture for tactical and economic advantage.

also this brings the cool recon advantage to discover and sabotage supply routes by showing the waypoints to the opposing force when the convoy is in sight for more then a certain amount of time.

Engine:

Water effects like F.E.A.R. (shouldn't be too demanding since it's a 2005 game)

Interactive volumetric smoke (don't know if it's implemented from PhysX)

Gameplay:

Optional tracer rounds

It think it's high time they added Rocket Ballistics. Is kind of a big deal, no?

Realistic foliage animation...

The short grass should quickly flicker in the wind and catch the sunlight rather than slowly swaying.

Trees should bend rather than hinge from the base.

Or if this can't be fixed give the Option (graphics setting) to freeze foliage animation so that it doesn't move at all.

I would like to see a TOH level of realism flight model for planes, and not just the helicopters within the game.

@FeralCircus

Post deleted and 3 infractions for that one post.

Accept the forum rules or just move on.

1. Better Load Balancing for Dedicated Servers.

2. Dedicated Server Inter-Connection.... ie the Super Warfare/ PvP/ Squad Wars Etc via two to four servers joining forces...

On the off chance that something does get nuked, this is really the best looking approximation of a real life nuke detonation, fallout and other effects I could find.

I'd really like to see Lichens being added to the rocks.

They make the surface look much more authentic and especially more natural. Next to the normal rocks (as you can see it in this actual photo from Limnos), they also very often appear one the ones close to the water

Engine/AI:

-Better audio for AI radio comms:

-When the enemy is in the distance and hasn't spotted the player's group the AI sounds fairly calm. Then if the enemy is close the tone of the AI's voice sounds more urgent.

-Aware and combat modes should have different tones e.g the difference between Stealth and Combat/Aware modes.

-Using different terms for enemies. Instead of always saying "Enemy Plane" when reporting fixed wing aircraft they could also say things like "enemy fast-mover" for example. I'm sure theres plenty of military slang they could use to make them sound less robotic adding to realism and immersion.

-Overall more natural and fluent sounding AI.

Engine:

-AI pilots able to land on helipads placed on rooftops.

Modding & Tools:

-With the new volumetric clouds more weather options in the editor like cloud height and thickness would be great to have.

-With water being a big part of Arma 3 it would be good to have options in the editor to setup things like currents and rips in the editor. This creates much more of a challenge for the player to plan his route rather than simply swimming from point A to point B.

1. Please allow us to turn on helicopter/jet landing lights (other lights) without also having to have the spotlight on aswell.

Separation is a good thing sometimes BIS ;)

2. To help the less knowledgeable users it would be smart to include this prompt in the video settings about system resource usage.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_SJE4UROuGqQ/TG4-K5RDRCI/AAAAAAAAAsU/PQScvDJaulY/s1600/GTAIV+2010-08-20+11-34-11-88.jpg

Bring Back Su-39 and A10!

These are combat staples for ground attack!

Also it would be REALLY cool if you could script in fully customizable loadouts.

Not just the ability to change bombs/missiles etc, but to outfit each hardpoint with rocket pods, gun pods, drop tanks etc... Currently in Arma 2 hydras/S-8 rockets are fixed and not changeable.

About shaders

1. Support of Colored specular map /not only the Green Channel ,but i liked to see to support all channels in specular map/ and Gloss map as separate texture not inside of SMDI

2. Support of simple Emissive maps /not need special rvmats to make something glow/

3. Better Parallax mapping and ambient occlusion

I hope these will be added or at least improved with new dx11 shaders

Edited by RobertHammer

Improved vehicle parts:

bulletproof windows for choper / car with certain caliber and number of shot

Greetings to everything, forgive me for bad English!!! =)

I want to offer in ARMA 3, to make duplicating management of arms of fighting vehicles (modern tanks and infantry fighting vehicles) from a place of the commander.

I had suggested this when ArmA 1 was still in developing:

NPC's Ground crew for rearming and refuelling helicopters and planes in specific areas inside the base; by a complete immersion and realism in-game, please do it.

I wish for an experience that allows me to use all of the ArmA assets in a large high-rise city environment similar to Tokyo, Seattle, and New York in the role of an offensive anti-crime organization. A la Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex. Tachikomas sold separately!

800px-Tatikoma_B2.jpg

Drag-and-drop weapon & other gear customization in game editor - it would be very cool.