British Troops DLC released & Official 1.01 Update

Are you buying the DLC?  

1112 members have voted

1. 1. Are you buying the DLC?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure
    • I'm waiting for the price to drop

I started the Sprocket down-loader from the "my downloads" folder in My Documents and it straight away created a Sprocket folder in which the BAFexe. file can be found along with a log file.

Still downloading here.

You didn't have a problem with a missing MSVCR71.dll file then? Mine is still not working even though I have downloaded that file from several locations.

I'm sure the sprocket folder works fine but i'm guessing that I don't have it because of this dll thing.

OK...lets cut to the chase as it appears I'm a moron. What steps do I need to go through. I go to the download page and I download the 'downloader' file which is 276kb....after that what is supposed to happen? Is there something else I need to download first? Is there some step I'm missing here?

I wish I'd known this was available on Gamers gate. Never had a problem with them.

Wow I'm only getting 10kb/sec!

I hope this means a bunch of people bought it and our DLin it. I'm all for BIS making a nice profit so they can keep doing what they do!

I used both d/l options and got my max speed with the sprocket downloader. It took about 3 minutes. The other option (just downloading through browser)

has about 4 hours left... :rolleyes:

I don't know if you tried both options or not. Hope your speed improves.

I had to laugh at the low res british units posted here. A genius solution.

This has turned me into wanting to buy the DLC.

I have the retail DVD version of OA, which digital download version of BAF would be compatable?

Sprocket

=========================================

So far so good. :rolleyes: @ the events in first campaign mission. There have been a few jokes that this would happen when the Brits landed in Takistan. Love it.

You didn't have a problem with a missing MSVCR71.dll file then? Mine is still not working even though I have downloaded that file from several locations.

I'm sure the sprocket folder works fine but i'm guessing that I don't have it because of this dll thing.

OK...lets cut to the chase as it appears I'm a moron. What steps do I need to go through. I go to the download page and I download the 'downloader' file which is 276kb....after that what is supposed to happen? Is there something else I need to download first? Is there some step I'm missing here?

I wish I'd known this was available on Gamers gate. Never had a problem with them.

When I clicked on the Download page at sprocket I was prompted to save a file : sprocket exe.

Open that and it should create the sprocket folder in My Doc's and start downloading.

Seems OA needs to be patched before the BAF DLC.

Sprocket.

Once the Sprocket file is downloaded can I then burn it to a disk and keep the install key handy to reinstall at a later date in case the machine craps out or something? Or Does it require connecting to sprocket each time I re-install?

)rStrangelove;1730776']Solution for XP 32bit:

1.DL the DLL: http://www.dll-files.com/msvcp71.zip?0VKeVBUJhV

2. Copy into your C:\WINDOWS\system32

3. Start->Run: regsvr32 C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcp71.dll

Even if you get a failure message like "THIS DLL CANT BE REGISTERED" its still running and your sprocket.exe is working.

Does not work for me.

Just had a quick play in the first stand alone mission........Its Fucking Awesome!!!!

Ditto, though Shapur is there.

Iv went to check out and it says 25$ US. I thought it was 14$ US? Scratch that i had 2 in the cart lol.

Edited by 1in1class
fix

Well I bought it from sprocket and faced with the option of download manager or browser download I went with download manager and also getting the missing MSVCP71.DLL crap and after downloading that file like others mentioned and trying everything that has been said I still get the damned message (I'm using windows 7 64bit) So I go back to the sprocket site and if I go to the download page it doesn't even give me the link for browser download any more essentially meaning I can't download the F-ing game I paid for! Not a happy chap... if someone could post the link for the browser download I would really apreciate it. At least I would get it some time this month...

Just had a quick play in the first stand alone mission........Its Fucking Awesome!!!!

I concur!!!! :D

)rStrangelove;1730802']Yup' date=' ppl need to apply patch 1.54, AND THEN install BAF through Sprocket.exe[/quote']

Previous information supplied was out of date, and should be disregarded. BAF DLC does not contain patch 1.54 data. You are required to run the 1.54 patch to run BAF; the order should not make a difference.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1730628&postcount=1

RiE

interesting as I wonder if the steam version will have the patch incorporated before release? and that's why there's a difference in releases between steam and sprocket?

Originally Posted by ])rStrangelove

Solution for XP 32bit:

1.DL the DLL: http://www.dll-files.com/msvcp71.zip?0VKeVBUJhV

2. Copy into your C:\WINDOWS\system32

3. Start->Run: regsvr32 C:\WINDOWS\system32\msvcp71.dll

Even if you get a failure message like "THIS DLL CANT BE REGISTERED" its still running and your sprocket.exe is working.

Does not work for me.

DITTO!

Funny, Ive downloaded Arma2 and Arrowhead with no problems until now. wtf?

You are required to run the 1.54 patch to run BAF; the order should not make a difference.

That sounds strange to me.

Im getting a "This application has failed to start because MSVCP71.dll was not found" when i try to download the game and its pisssing me off sine i have already paid for it and there is no other option to download.

I would recomend that anyone else waits a day or two for this problem to be solved.

Thanks to the support staff and others I finally got it working. If anyone else has the missing dll problem go to this link:

http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tips/fix-msvcp71-dll-and-msvcr71-dll-missing-error-in-windows-7/

and follow the instructions.

I think Nedley posted the fix somewhere else. This works. I'd also like to thank Jan Kunt at Sprocket for helping me get this working.

I'm off work with a chronic infection of an abscess in my tooth. This hasn't really helped my recovery...lol.

"The program can't start because MSVCP71.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem."

At least that's what it says for me.

What's the deal with this? There's got to be a better answer then to DL some program(posted by someone here), run some program that needs to be activated just to DL the missing file.

I can't even seem to find any info about this missing file at the Sprocket site.

EDIT

Wow thank you Egan! Looks like I should've waited a few more seconds to start this post! :)

I'll try this.

That sounds strange to me.

All the addons of BAF require some version (1.54 in this case) of Arma: OA to run. They are not going to load if OA is not updated, but they load succesfully once it is patched.

so is this BAF dlc worth buying?

Yes. Support BIS so they can keep making these fantastic games!

@Egan,

Thank you bud! That link got the Sprocket problem fixed. You are my Hero!

It's DLin fast!