British Troops DLC released & Official 1.01 Update

Are you buying the DLC?  

1112 members have voted

1. 1. Are you buying the DLC?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure
    • I'm waiting for the price to drop

can i get it from steam also if i have the 2 vers. not from steam ??

no, you have to get it from sprocket

Currently downloading from GamersGate @>700kb/sec.

Wanted to use Sprocket but they didnt support iDeal. :p

EDIT: License agreement is in Czech? :p

EDIT2: Not really happy with the securom popup. Never had it before IIRC and the BAF, ArmA2 and OA keys dont seem to work. What the fuck?

Edited by NeMeSiS

Tried buying now from Sprocket, but for some reason I can't connect to their payment service, and my 'order' is already placed with VISA as payment method, so can't just go back and try with PayPal instead. Yay >.<

@Buzz ... I installed BAF (sprocket) first, and then the patch and all was totally fine, and yes 1.52-1.54 is the fact that this patch actually patches from 1.52 onwards regardless.

Are you using XP? some previous posts here mention errors but if you can ignore its works ok? I didn't get any errors at all (XP32).

Did you copy any Betas directly into expansion? Or anything like that? That may cause a mismatch? Also can anyone tie it into uninstalling betas first because Im sure beta uninstall (than manual deletion) can cause other things to be removed ... plucking at straws here mind you.

@Inkompetent ... What about simply canceling your order, and starting the order again after wards, does that not re start the payment process? Other than that Id say email the support email on the site.

Edited by mrcash2009

Humm here a thought.

How long will it be before someone releases a replacement pack for the light version of the BFA? With say stalkersGB’s units? If you made it client side only would make the multiplayer look ok as well.

Still id rather have the BFA the new missions are awesome and its much better value that the DLC for dragon age or ME2 with the amount of fun I’m going to get out of it.

Hi all

I downloaded from sprocket and after I paid and it gave me the "sprocket" application to run, when I went to run it it said this:

"The program can't start because MSVCP71.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this"

???? what is this all about? any ideas what I need to do, I decided to use my own downloader and it is taking forever, any clues? thanks all.

On the 3rd mission in the campaign, love it! This is what I been waiting for since 1985!

BTW anyone wondering why im making frequent posts currenly even though ive downloaded the DLC and its all installed & patched, im currently sat waiting for defrag of my A2 folder (yawn) :) You dont realise the data you have with everything and mods.

OK, here is the 2nd problem with this download, I got the product activation box, put in my e-mail 2 times like it asked, paste my activation code that was sent to my e-mail and when I go to activate it it says this:

"There was a problem activation Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead DLC writing of license file failed"

????any clues to fix this one know...what a joke this is, [lease help.

@Buzz ... I installed BAF (sprocket) first, and then the patch and all was totally fine, and yes 1.52-1.54 is the fact that this patch actually patches from 1.52 onwards regardless.

Are you using XP? some previous posts here mention errors but if you can ignore its works ok? I didn't get any errors at all (XP32).

Did you copy any Betas directly into expansion? Or anything like that? That may cause a mismatch? Also can anyone tie it into uninstalling betas first because Im sure beta uninstall (than manual deletion) can cause other things to be removed ... plucking at straws here mind you.

Yes, using XP. I'm not using any betas.

Dan (one of the devs) pm'd me and recommended me to reinstall OA, so I did that, but I still get the same error when I installed the OA patch, except it's missions_e.pbo that is causing the problem this time, rather than all kinds of .pbo's.

pic:

error2f.jpg

Dan (one of the devs) pm'd me and recommended me to reinstall OA, so I did that, but I still get the same error when I installed the OA patch, except it's missions_e.pbo that is causing the problem this time, rather than all kinds of .pbo's.

See post number 229 on page 23 of this thread

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=106252&page=23

pic:

error2f.jpg

The Devs are talking about this problem in this thread...

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?p=1730858#post1730858

I know that you can download the missions pbo from that thread. Hope this helps.

They are working on fixes for it. Although I know you said you already talked to Dan so maybe yours is a different problem. I'm sure they will sort it out for you.

Hi, i've voted No, because i haven't been able of play in MP yet with the ArmA2 because i uninstalled the OA because my computer can't run the game, it gives me so low frames that the game is truly unplayable and it gave me problems with some of the ArmA2 addons and mods that i use; so i don't gonna buy the British DLC because of that. Let's C ya

rather than all kinds of .pbo's.

This is related only to those who have Arma2 (basic) in specific version or lower (not sure which exactly).

air_e.pbo error:

OA reinstallation helps

missions_e.pbo error:

One part of 1.54 is not applied properly. Please do this manually until it's not fixed by our support:

1) you need 7-zip 9.15 or newer

2) extract A2OA_Patch_154.zip to an empty directory

3) extract ARMA2OA_Patch_1_54.exe to another empty directory

4) run manually ARMA2Patch_1_05_to_1_07.exe

Now try to run and it should be ok.

5) if not, try to run again whole 1.54 patch (the rest of patch should be applied now) and run

Or... Use the links above to download missions_e.pbo . :)

Dan

Edited by Damu

Brilliant solution with the low-res BAF. You don't HAVE to get the DLC to play with others on a mission including these units.

But you can definitely see the advantage of getting that DLC version. I haven't heard anyone else who has done it this way before.

BI should probably reupload the patch with the mission_e fix. This will haunt them if it gets left like this. Especially if you're thinking

about all those who get the patch later on, or doesn't read these forums, and starts asking/spamming on the forum about how to fix it.

My install worked perfectly, thanks BIS; will be playing more tonight and possibly arrange a video for tomorrow :)

(Installed patch before I installed from Sprocket and everything worked fine)

Oh yea, and very good idea with the low-res baf, I thought you were gonna do something similar :p

missions_e.pbo error:

I got this one too... (Arma 2 DVD + OA Sprocket + Patch 1.54 + DLC a couple of hours later...)

BI should probably reupload the patch with the mission_e fix. This will haunt them if it gets left like this. Especially if you're thinking about all those who get the patch later on, or doesn't read these forums, and starts asking/spamming on the forum about how to fix it.

True. And hire a guy finally able to do a decent patching process.

Brilliant solution with the low-res BAF. You don't HAVE to get the DLC to play with others on a mission including these units.

But you can definitely see the advantage of getting that DLC version. I haven't heard anyone else who has done it this way before.

I totally agree, why didn't you guys say you were going to do it this way? It would have made perfect sense and avoided a lot of arguments ;). Nevertheless I really love the new BAF DLC :D.

One thing I noticed is that a guy in Rasman airport had a 2-D gun (in the UN section near the doctor)

I have done it a dozen times and still does not work.

Mate, if you have the same issues and your are absolutely and completely sure you are pasting and copying the code correctly, the next stage is to contact Sprocket site support, other than people saying what they have already said not much more can be added here.

I can only repeat what the previous poster said, make sure you copying and pasting the code in right.

"There was a problem activation Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead DLC writing of license file failed"
That error "might "be becuase of writing the file / sending back online, have you got firewall is it blocking it or something? um guessing, maybe thats a generic message for "code is wrong" im not sure, if you are talking about the activation serial line under the two emails, copy and paste it exactly as it is on your account info/your receipt of purchase via email, all I can really add.

If its the second one (spaced off white boxes) copy and paste no spaces/hyphens each block of code.

Check the FAQ on the site too maybe.

Edited by mrcash2009