British Troops DLC released & Official 1.01 Update

Are you buying the DLC?  

1112 members have voted

1. 1. Are you buying the DLC?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure
    • I'm waiting for the price to drop

nope. still waiting for them to finish the us army. where's the stryker and module systems? where's the correct crew?

nope. still waiting for them to finish the us army. where's the stryker and module systems? where's the correct crew?

Strykers are in game, what module system? There is US Army crewmen in stryker. What does this have anything to do with British Forces?

what module system?

I think he is talking about weapons mods, which IMO dont understand whats the need of it(as its unrealistic to change the weapon mods on battlefield and expecting it will be zeroed perfectly)

How many maps of Takistan do you want??

It's a pretty redundant environment and they've pretty much covered all aspects of it.

Have to respectfully disagree, there.

I think there is plenty more that can be done with both the environment and the Armaversum more generally..

I cleaned this mess once again. :mad:

I clearly said before that it's enough with the "we need a Challenger!!!" posts. It should be obvious now that there is no Challenger included in the DLC and with less than a month until release it is too late now to change that.

Also removed all posts and replies to them talking about how bad this DLC is for either the community or the modders (or both).

We have a general DLC discussion thread here where you can complain about this.

The next time I need to clean up here I bring some infractions and post restrictions with me.

Have to respectfully disagree, there.

I think there is plenty more that can be done with both the environment and the Armaversum more generally..

Definitely. An Afghanistan-like country has a wide range of possible terrain features. The "Takistan" map is a pretty good example of a semi-mountainous (they're really small mountains, though)region with a relatively high population density. A Helmand-like Green Zone type map would provide some good flat farmland with a really good road network and population centers.

Truthfully, a wide range of terrain composites could be created from "Takistan", or even Chernarus.

While I intend to purchase the British DLC, I would definitely buy any official maps or islands.

well said W0lle there has been far too much uproar with the no challenger 2 talk, well just like in afghanistan there were no tanks deployed (otherwise the mess would have been cleaned up years ago :)) and as takistan is an obvious fictional country of afghanistan, i think BIS has been right to not include them :)

how can i pay for it from Poland ? someone can suggest me free of charge (or very low cost) money transfer

9.99 USD is 30 PLN, while my bank wants 50 PLN (17 USD) for money transfer abroad (so as you see twice more than DLC cost)

i have account in bank in PL

Sprocket or Steam games

if you have a debit card linked to your bank account or a credit card then you can pay with that directly in either $US, € or £ and they (your bank) should charge nothing for currency conversion from PL currency to $US, € or £ when paid directly by debit/credit card to the retailer, given PL is part of the EU

we are member of EU formally... but not when it comes to standards (you would be suprise to see our prices for electronics (even up to 10% bigger than yours, even up to 20% bigger than US), bank accounts (as prescribed + 15% year for any credit when buying in rates, not paying cash) , telecomunication (15 EURO payment for 70 minutes of chat or 140 SMS, cause 10 minute talk is even 1 Euro for example, while i saw in EU 10 times cheaper telephone talks) , internet (15 EU for 1MB) , etc. we have cheaper food, clothes but... as i wrote in last post i would pay almost twice more for money transfer than for DLC)

one thing is theory, second is how it works (EU in PL)

thats why i asked, but thanks, now i know Paypal , i hope to buy without any Steam instalations etc. :)

i hope there will be some Steam-software-free version

i want pure addons/content, not steam software (or any other kind) in my system, just content for Arma :]

Edited by vilas

Well judging by the overwhelming amount of "yes" voters, BIS knows what they're doing.

they deserve it for so much years of fun they gave us (OFP)

so i would buy it rather for support them, than for my interest in UK army :)

addonmakers of course do great job doing addons, but this content is also for me interesting as UK was always playing big military role so i would like to have such content

if there would be next DLC it would not be bad, but than i would LOVE to see OFP islands and something like CWR (which is great mod) but having again OFP islands is my dream (not Elite islands)

for OFP islands i would be ready to pay (although CWR will give it for free, but waiting patience was never my strong point)

i am quite excited about this new MINI-EXPANSION

i have high hopes for the new IDF features. maybe now we can have a mortar group or stykers with mortars provide mobile IDF support (or have the strykers with mortars actually work)

it may open the door for more self propelled arty in the future

with the expanded role of engineers, it suggests that there will be more "unconventional threats" involved, such as the "beloved" IED.

looking forward to the campaign as well

we are member of EU formally... but not when it comes to standards (you would be suprise to see our prices for electronics (even up to 10% bigger than yours, even up to 20% bigger than US), bank accounts (as prescribed + 15% year for any credit when buying in rates, not paying cash) , telecomunication (15 EURO payment for 70 minutes of chat or 140 SMS, cause 10 minute talk is even 1 Euro for example, while i saw in EU 10 times cheaper telephone talks) , internet (15 EU for 1MB) , etc. we have cheaper food, clothes but... as i wrote in last post i would pay almost twice more for money transfer than for DLC)

one thing is theory, second is how it works (EU in PL)

thats why i asked, but thanks, now i know Paypal , i hope to buy without any Steam instalations etc. :)

i hope there will be some Steam-software-free version

i want pure addons/content, not steam software (or any other kind) in my system, just content for Arma :]

Sprocket will be hosting the DLC with no need for any steam software involved. And the good news is that Sprocket also support Paypal, so you should be good to go.

I'm a loyal BI fan and I'm buying this. Looks sweet!

i have a retail copy of arma 2 can i buy the DLC from steam and use it without regstering my arma2 with steam?

i have a retail copy of arma 2 can i buy the DLC from steam and use it without regstering my arma2 with steam?

In your case Sprocket might be the better choice.

Will this be on sale from Gamersgate for download?

well said W0lle there has been far too much uproar with the no challenger 2 talk, well just like in afghanistan there were no tanks deployed (otherwise the mess would have been cleaned up years ago :)) and as takistan is an obvious fictional country of afghanistan, i think BIS has been right to not include them :)

Viper89, sorry to rain on your parade their fella, but there are MBT's in afghanistan... Canada & Denmark both have tanks there, and they do have a certain impact.

(Please see this article)

Tanks In Afghanistan

April 6, 2010: Afghanistan is not considered good tank country, but two nations, Canada and Denmark, have deployed several dozen Leopard II tanks there, and found them useful. The 120mm gun provides a quick way to deal with any Taliban fighting from the fortress like compounds common in the region. The tanks were also well protected against roadside bombs and mines. The tanks were also good for recovering other armored vehicles (like the wheeled personnel carriers and MRAPs). The Taliban were also intimidated by the tanks, which proved more robust than the Russian ones their fathers faced in the 1980s.

While MRAPs have become more popular, and plentiful (several thousand are there) because they were lighter, smaller and more mobile on the roads, there were times when the tracks of the tanks could take troops places MRAPs could not reach. Despite those advantages, the United States did not bring in tanks, and the Afghans don't use their Russian models much either. Other nations have brought in some lighter tracked vehicles, and everyone depends on smart bombs (and GPS guided shells and rockets) for heavy firepower.

I wouldn't worry about "Challenger 2's" not being in the DLC as I've seen on armaholic (Methinks) of someone working on a Chally Mod.

Me, I am looking forward to the 26th as I am at Multiplay's I40 event with a mate and will use their 1GB internet connection.... I wonder how fast it would take to download the DLC with that connection... LOL

i hope, when DLC will be released, here on this forum we (users of "disc") will get info "how to buy it, etc" (Sprocket, Paypal) and than download via internet, right ?

will there be a solution for people with poor internet connection (if DLC in future or whatever is bigger than 1 GB, still in East Europe lot of people must live with 512 kb, 1 MB ADSL connection)

i hope, when DLC will be released, here on this forum we (users of "disc") will get info "how to buy it, etc" (Sprocket, Paypal) and than download via internet, right ?

I will take care about this.

will there be a solution for people with poor internet connection (if DLC in future or whatever is bigger than 1 GB, still in East Europe lot of people must live with 512 kb, 1 MB ADSL connection)

Right now we don't consider other than downloadable edition.

We will safely fit a half gigabyte.

Right now we don't consider other than downloadable edition.

We will safely fit a half gigabyte.

I would certainly buy it if it was released as a disk, even if this meant waiting 12-18 months till enough DLC content could be put onto a disk, and I would certainly pay more given this as an option.

if enough MINI EXPANSIONs :p are released, im sure it would be possible to publish them on a disk in small amounts or make an arma2 "complete edition" or something in the future

^^^ same here i would buy it if on disk,but i will forced to do diff:(.

Quote:As we don't have that many acquaintances in British Armed Forces, we often had to make compromises (which is also the case of vehicles).

That comment is crap.look at the forums and the guys who been making british stuff(pukf RKSL) for how many years?thats an insult to the british addon makers!im sure with the the help of the little brother element bis has got(BIA) u could have got the details. But im sure that an off the cuff comment.

The people who use british stuff are a small group and most have served /got a massive intrest,but us brits are funny buggers as in an eye to detail,and to be honest looking at what is already out and what BIS have made Sorry,but they look crap,but looking deeper in what units can do....says it all, awesome!!

i rember playing with bimbi(prob spelled wrong) british units,then over the years ukf rksl etc, im a fan of british stuff yes and its nice to see the british army in this game engine from the dev. But i hope that the work of great guys like PUKF RKSL and new peps like stalker GB who have served our small but our great fanbase over the years are not forgotten.

But i think its a great thing bis are doing as such,as in the more british stuff the better!!

Disclaimer: No i cant make addons,anyone who makes/takes the time to do stuff are awesome.

Edited by welshtrigg