British Troops DLC released & Official 1.01 Update

Are you buying the DLC?  

1112 members have voted

1. 1. Are you buying the DLC?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure
    • I'm waiting for the price to drop

As I promised. :) Screenshots with little surprise.

I thought the surprise would be a small video. But this is way better! Thanks for the new map. Can we get a pic or preview please?

Thanks for the new map! :) This increases me hopes that we could get more of Chernarus in the future (Novigrad, Chernarus-Takistani-Borderland, Lake Beloe, Lyutyi, ... ) My god I'm so exicted! :)

In screenshot #8 is that 2 landrovers behind the warriors, i was sure landrovers arn't listed as content.

I think that they are, just not under the name 'Landrover', presumably for licensing reasons. In Taki and Czech service, they have a more generic name.

Is the official site down or having problems?.. I can't see any new update at all

I can see the pics, but not what I believe were pics of a new map which I saw earlier on today, along with some more info iirc :cool:

My memory fails me :D

I thought the surprise would be a small video. But this is way better! Thanks for the new map. Can we get a pic or preview please?

There are pics of it on the site.

yay I found it again! http://www.arma2.com/latest-news/new-intelligence-report-from-takistan_en.html, I must have been looking in the wrong place

Looks like a nice cqb map!

I can't believe people are still complaining about the price; just think for a minute...

15 Euros for IW's map packs, which include 4 maps, 2 of-which are ports from cod4, along with crappy support, and still servers with hackers (thanks to the stupid idea of VAC's delay-ban.

BIS' on the other hand gives away a very detailed map, new faction, new cars, tanks, aircraft, weapons, new features to do with character-roles, changing the way the game can be played and they will still continue to offer us their impeccable support after the pack, ranging from bug-fixes to huuuge perormance-increases through the successful beta-patch process... all for just 9 Euros.

I'm confuzzled as to why anyone wouldn't buy it even if they're not British :headscratch:

The links for the update are taking me to the official site, but the latest news is dated 8th July and its 'latest video de classified'.. which I know is old news.

I still don't understand how everyone else can see the new pics and info.. I'm logged into the site as well.. not sure what is going on?

The links for the update are taking me to the official site, but the latest news is dated 8th July and its 'latest video de classified'.. which I know is old news.

I still don't understand how everyone else can see the new pics and info.. I'm logged into the site as well.. not sure what is going on?

http://www.arma2.com/ The very first news items, impossible to miss. :)

http://www.arma2.com/ The very first news items, impossible to miss. :)

I know mate.. but its still taking me to the page I've already mentioned.

Is anyone else in the UK having this problem, or is it just me?

Can BIS sack the person who is ruining the screenshots by fucking about with the contrast?

They look completely fine to me. Perhaps it's your contrast which is off. The color corrections look identical to the ones in OA's color correction effects module.

Can BIS sack the person who is ruining the screenshots by fucking about with the contrast?

As far as I know no screenshot is adjusted.

Think your monitor's settings may be messed up, they look fine here.

Think your monitor's settings may be messed up, they look fine here.
As far as I know no screenshot is adjusted.

They have been adjusted but some are still suffering from a bit of burning.

There are pics of it on the site.

I meant a pic of the map as in a map view, not a pic of the scenery in the map.

I tell you, it infuriates me beyond polite expression that I keep getting directed to some brain-meltingly anodine BIS corporate website every timeI click on link that purports to be about an update to the British army dlc grr :(((((((

I tell you, it infuriates me beyond polite expression that I keep getting directed to some brain-meltingly anodine BIS corporate website every timeI click on link that purports to be about an update to the British army dlc grr :(((((((

Perhaps you should read those pages since that's the information you're looking for...

If you want complete information about the DLC, download it when it comes out. They've given us a pretty huge amount of information so far and I sense there's more to come. That's a lot more than most companies do with their DLC which only has 1-3 things in it in total.

So how big is Shapur and is it a completely new map?

4km² and I think so? OA assets at least, but a new map. Think an OA version of QG's Porto.

So if I have the Steam version, and wnat to buy the Sprocket version, I have to buy 2 new discs: ArmA 2 and OA? Hah! Only kidding.. :o

Really looking forward to this. Cant wait. :yay: Brits in the sun & sand eh?...hide the beer.