British Troops DLC released & Official 1.01 Update

Are you buying the DLC?  

1112 members have voted

1. 1. Are you buying the DLC?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure
    • I'm waiting for the price to drop

Is it possible that we might get a new MP game mode with this DLC? Something more interesting and different than just Warfare with Brits in it? Perhaps something that focuses on Asymmetrical counter-insurgency warfare?

Is it possible that we might get a new MP game mode with this DLC? Something more interesting and different than just Warfare with Brits in it? Perhaps something that focuses on Asymmetrical counter-insurgency warfare?

+ 2 or 3 new Sector Controls map on top of that.

This would be the kind of thing that would perhaps make the pros overweight the cons to me, and make me buy it :)

I'm not sure of the positive impact that this kind of release can have on the modding scene. Quite the opposite

I'm not that interested in content shown to date (yeah, it's not a "con" per se, but it's an argument to me ;) )

I'm not sure of the positive impact that this kind of release can have on the modding scene.

And what would that be exactly?

Ive seen other videos on the new sharpshooter rifle and the sharpshooter rifle for the Paras looks diferent to the Royal Marine photos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McBcgob9DcA&feature=related

Yeah the version thats actually been issues is similar to the one in the first video you posted, with a different shaped tan stock compared to the daily mail article. I assume that the version in the daily mail was just for evaluating the weapon.

And what would that be exactly?

Typically here, I don't think this DLC can have a positive impact on the british modding scene. For various good or bad reasons, UK modders can easily feel their work being redundant, not needed, etc....

Typically here, I don't think this DLC can have a positive impact on the british modding scene. For various good or bad reasons, UK modders can easily feel their work being redundant, not needed, etc....

The advantage, especially for people modding British stuff is that the BIS DLC won't stay up to date becuase its not reasonable to expect them to cotinue to change models/textures to fit new additions to british equipment.

As an example (certainly for me), as far as I can tell the units all seem to be wearing Mk2 Osprey but in theatre now many units wear the newer Assualt Osprey or older Mk3 Osprey.

The MoD seems to change equipment so frequently at the moment its hard to stay up to date with it all. This would be where modders can come in though.

I wonder how everyone in here seems to bitch about wrong rifle sights when the US Army is rocking ucp in an afghanistan like environment and scars as standard issue assault rifle...

I wonder how everyone in here seems to bitch about wrong rifle sights when the US Army is rocking ucp in an afghanistan like environment and scars as standard issue assault rifle...

whats wrong with the bold?

also , it's 2012, it's the armaverse. Deal with it people..

I think if the BAF DLC were more comprehensive and as realistic and accurate as some people here wish it was, then it might have been a threat to the UK modders, but not as it is now. Imagine if this DLC contained all vehicles that will be used by UK forces by 2012, and further imagine that it was 100% accurate down to the last detail. That would have pretty much made any UK mod in development obsolete.

As it stands, the BAF DLC is focussed on a smaller subset of brit forces that was probably designed to fit better into the game as a whole, and more work was put into making them well rounded than ultra realistic. Some creative license was taken, which has been part of the design philosophy of all BIS games, when you think about it.

Modders will still be able to create their perfectly detailed stuff and people will still be happy to play with them.

Edited by MadDogX

whats wrong with the bold?

also ' date=' it's 2012, it's the armaverse. Deal with it people..[/quote']

It has been decided that ucp was unfit for astan and therefore is already being replaced by mc-acus.

Dont get me wrong, I enjoy OA a lot and don't dislike the game or BI for the design decisions - I just wonder how people can make such a fuss about eotechs or susats for the brits when the americans are represented even more illogical considering todays situation ;).

The more pictures I see of the Jackal, the more familiar a great deal of it is to me.

Can't wait to see a video about the new mortar/artillery system, and the new Combat Engineer stuff :D

Any chance someone could post on here about the new intel, since the site is blocked, here at work:eek:!!

Also welcome to the forums damu!

Any chance someone could post on here about the new intel, since the site is blocked, here at work:eek:!!

Also welcome to the forums damu!

I dont see anything new there :confused: .

EDIT:

Nvm that, im blind...

Edited by Heatseeker

Basically there are new pictures of all of the weapons and vehicles, which is nice.

I know its a tad cheeky but could anyone host a few on here, you know do your good deed today, support charity, good kama ? . . . ? ?

For you,some of them:

arma2weaponsl85a2riss36.jpg

The L85A2 is the most recent version of the standard assault rifle of the British Armed Forces, originating in the "Small Arms for 1980's" (SA80) development programme. The new version has many improvements, and it no longer jams easily. On the other hand, A2 is slightly heavier that A1.

* Variants: L85A2 Holo UGL, L85A2 SUSAT, L85A2 SUSAT UGL, L85A2 Holo, L85A2 AWS, L85A2 ACOG

arma2weaponsas50s374222.jpg

The AS50 is a .50 BMG sniper/anti-materiel rifle. It enables operators to engage targets at very long (up to 1500 m) range with high accuracy. The rifle is easily transportable and ergonomic and can be disassembled in less than three minutes and serviced without tools.

arma2weaponslrrs3748560.jpg

The L115A1 Long Range Rifle (LRR) is a British designation for a AWSM (Arctic Warfare Super Magnum) sniper rifle. It is highly prized as a dedicated long range sniper rifle that combines the easy handling with the great power and range.

arma2weaponsl134a1s3767.jpg

The L134A1 is a British designation for a Heckler & Koch GMG automatic grenade launcher. It fires 40mm grenades at a rate of about 350 rounds per minute and can be used for accurate, long range bombardment.

arma2weaponsnlaws636969.jpg

The NLAW (Next Generation Light Armor Weapon) is portable, short range, fire-and-forget anti-tank guided missile system recently fielded by the British contingent in Takistan.

In the vehicles, nothing new. Jackal, Merlin, Warrior...

Edited by Smurf

The L115A1 actually looks somewhat like the L115A3 as from the picture the stock looks as though it can fold, dunno id there are any other differences between the A1 and A3.

Very nice to see the NLAW in there!

Ive seen other videos on the new sharpshooter rifle and the sharpshooter rifle for the Paras looks diferent to the Royal Marine photos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McBcgob9DcA&feature=related

yea thats because the stock and guard rail are in OD but apart from that the rifles are the same, we will probably see them in a desert colour too as whats the point in having a new camouflage to make you more invisible then having a sodding great big black gun that makes you stand out :P well that new weapon has my vote :pc:

Edited by VIPER[CWW]

The L115A1 actually looks somewhat like the L115A3 as from the picture the stock looks as though it can fold, dunno id there are any other differences between the A1 and A3.

Actually it looks most like the L115A2: picatinny sight rail (A1 had a dovetail) and the Mk.2 .338 muzzle brake (A1 had cylindrical one with a single baffle, A3 has a threaded lug on the front for fitting a suppressor - AI 'tactical' muzzle brake). IIRC the chassis is coloured green in one of the DPM pics too which was the case on the A1 and A2 (A3 is tan)

Edited by da12thMonkey