British Troops DLC released & Official 1.01 Update

Are you buying the DLC?  

1112 members have voted

1. 1. Are you buying the DLC?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure
    • I'm waiting for the price to drop

Sounds great to me. It's exactly what i was hoping for with these DLC plans, new units/weapons and a campaign to go along with it :). Very reasonable asking price too.

Will be picking this up on day 1.

Top stuff.

Consider it bought :)

Sprocket does not expect the game to be in a particular location, it only gives you the installer and the compressed data, you then install that wherever you want.

Well I haven't really used any game download type places (mainly boxed retail) .. so for me it sounds like if I had no choice then Sprocket seems to be the most flexible, Steam seems to be very much "all in my world" type of bubble. I much prefer a place that simply lets me download, unpack and install and BTW here's the unlock code keep it safe, none of this overlaying crap. Also I have A2/OA boxed the last thing I want is issues and hoop jumping for a DLC, the content wont put me off buying just the outlet mainly BIS.

I just hope that un-announced outlets are hopefully including GAME.co.uk's download section becuase i would go with that if I could, I did mention this before so sorry for repeat, seems logical to go with some more standard outlets with download features especially UK ones ... we are talking UK pack :)

As regards the pictures in FP, is it me or are the models been beefed up around the legs region? Will this mean we dont get that "pigeon leg" pinch look on legs when making steep climbs crouched? Has that been addressed with these units? Or is that more an engine/patch request.

Edited by mrcash2009

Great news BIS. Really looking forward to this pack and for you anti British spams. stfu and go play pacman

ps, theres no brits complaining so tell me im wrong

Well I haven't really used any game download type places (mainly boxed retail) .. so for me it sounds like if I had no choice then Sprocket seems to be the most flexible, Steam seems to be very much "all in my world" type of bubble. I much prefer a place that simply lets me download, unpack and install and BTW here's the unlock code keep it safe, none of this overlaying crap. Also I have A2/OA boxed the last thing I want is issues and hoop jumping for a DLC, the content wont put me off buying just the outlet mainly BIS.

I just hope that un-announced outlets are hopefully including GAME.co.uk's download section becuase i would go with that if I could, I did mention this before so sorry for repeat, seems logical to go with some more standard outlets with download features especially UK ones ... we are talking UK pack :)

As regards the pictures in FP, is it me or are the models been beefed up around the legs region? Will this mean we dont get that "pigeon leg" pinch look on legs when making steep climbs crouched? Has that been addressed with these units? Or is that more an engine/patch request.

About the legs thing, I guess that it will still happen if the selections on the leg have been added in a similar way, so the same bits are leftleg, leftupleg etc I think you are right in saying the legs have been beefed up though

Apologies if this question has already been asked, but im looking to set up a 'NATO style' server utilizing the British Armed Forces addon. Will it possible to have MP missions such as Domination with the ability to select US or UK forces on the bluefor team?

Yep, just requires you to replace some of the forces with whichever ones you want, 5 minute job in the editor. :)

Except when you get to the point that the DLC might not be as complete, leaving you with gaps in your force. I'm not talking specifically about the Challenger, there might be other gaps we don't know about or realize yet.

Because this is a British mod, will the usual 'I dislike you' gesture with the two fingers be included as an animation? :D

Because this is a British mod, will the usual 'I dislike you' gesture with the two fingers be included as an animation? :D

Shooting someone in the face with an assault rifle is universally understood to convey a similar emotion.

shooting someone in the face with an assault rifle is universally understood to convey a similar emotion.

QFT. :D

On a side note, can't wait to play the campaign for this.

has any1 at the publishing company had the idea to sell the British DLC with up and comming release of "combined operation" game the retail high street?

Penfolde

No, but the AI will drive on the right side of the road. :D

No, but the AI will drive on the right side of the road. :D

Right being left of course. :D

You do realize that they will drive on the right side of the road because they are in a country that drives on the right side of the road, correct?

You do realize that they will drive on the right side of the road because they are in a country that drives on the right side of the road, amma right?

I righted that for ya. :P

You do realize that they will drive on the right side of the road because they are in a country that drives on the right side of the road, correct?

haha :P

BIS you are with out a doubt IMO the best game producers on the PC. Unlike a lot of other people I live in the real world and understand and appreciate your continuing dedication and support of this franchise, Thus we haven't got ARMA3 Ewoks vs Cave Trolls in the world of Terminator for a quick buck. Bring out as much DLC as you can I will buy it all and those who don't want it don't have to. Thank You, thank you and long live modable Military Sims on the PC. NOW TO DREAM OF BRITS vs YANKS WARFARE Benny edition.

Edited by Tempai

Ewoks vs Cave Trolls in the world of Terminator

Permission to make mod/full game out of this brilliant revelation?

As long as you can get some boobs and arse in it as well, then we have got a real winner to pitch to EA.

But, all the vehicles should have the steering wheel on the correct side (i.e. the right hand side, the opposite of pretty much every vehicle in ArmA now). :p

But, all the vehicles should have the steering wheel on the correct side (i.e. the right hand side, the opposite of pretty much every vehicle in ArmA now). :p

Not true.

A large portion of the vehicles in the British Army's fleet are LHD. So it is quite possible to find things like landrovers or trucks in both LHD and RHD.

Not true.

A large portion of the vehicles in the British Army's fleet are LHD. So it is quite possible to find things like landrovers or trucks in both LHD and RHD.

Wow, never knew that. Cheers for the info man. :D

Of course, what I meant to say is that all the GOOD vehicles will be RHD. ;)