British Troops DLC released & Official 1.01 Update

Are you buying the DLC?  

1112 members have voted

1. 1. Are you buying the DLC?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure
    • I'm waiting for the price to drop

I tell you, it infuriates me beyond polite expression that I keep getting directed to some brain-meltingly anodine BIS corporate website every timeI click on link that purports to be about an update to the British army dlc grr :(((((((

Yep.. Thats exactly what keeps happenning to me.. For some reason it just won't go to the correct page with the info on it. It just takes me to bistudio.com..

I'm stumped!.. haven't got a clue why its doing this.:mad:

Edited by Trooper117

This is such amazing news.

I have been waiting for an official UK army addon to be released for about 10 years now, since way back in the OFP days i always want to play as the Brits.

wow...10 years...omg..probably time to stop playing games now then huh?

HA! yeah, right!

I will absolutely be buying this DLC, if only out of loyalty to BI.

In fact I was just about to suggest they do exactly what they have done; release armies of the world as payfor DLC

Yep.. Thats exactly what keeps happenning to me.. For some reason it just won't go to the correct page with the info on it. It just takes me to bistudio.com..

I'm stumped!.. haven't got a clue why its doing this.:mad:

You obviously fucked up with the age request, just close your browser clear your cookies, try again and this time type a 18+ age.

No.. didn't mess up with the age request.. I've been accessing that arma2 page for ages with no problems..

As it is, its a known bug, and one of the guys at bis has kindly sent me the info to sort it.. problem resolved :D

Having a look through the new content, I'm quietly impressed that one of the main characters will be a chap called Brian Frost of 2 Para.. who is not related to the famous and legendary John Frost, who led the Bruneval raid on 'Operation Biting' during WWII.. a nice touch though on airborne forces history.. (of which I am a member) :)

Edited by Trooper117

I thought the surprise would be a small video. But this is way better! Thanks for the new map. Can we get a pic or preview please?

I think they heard your first thought!

GDhUkFlNfzQ

LMAO...look borderticker from 0:55

Edited by [FRL]Myke

0:14

"Scarlet river pollution reaches critical levels"

I love BIS and their fucking awesome wit :D

Reference to OFPDR "Wed Wiver" (quote Sion Lenton),

[edit]

LMFAO check this some too, get Sion Lenton to say this:

Wecent Weport: Welentless wain weduces wealistic wecovery of ware woman welics in Wothbury wuins... I'd imagine the Roman relics are what remains of BIS' name in the legendary OFP1 :(

Edited by SASrecon

nice video

is the narrator trying to do british or something? Sounds a bit different from the others. and since when did normal people say latrine lol?

also:

see bottom of of screen for such jems as

-tax breaks mean developers going from uk to cz!

-shearertron, haha!

Edited by W0lle
quoted video

shearertron, haha!

Can someone please explain the Shearertron 9-0 ?

I don't unserstand :confused:

So I take it the island will be sorta Utes esque but with out being isolated on an Island.

Got me a wee bit more interested, although the ticker in the video shows some one has a great sense of humour.

Can someone please explain the Shearertron 9-0 ?

I don't unserstand :confused:

Hes a well known English football player who used to play for England in the 90s and for premier league club sides like Blackburn Overs and Newcastle United.

Hes a well known English football player who used to play for England in the 90s and for premier league club sides like Blackburn Overs and Newcastle United.

Yea I know that (I live in England :D), but why is it in BIS' vid?

Ticker is soooo hillarious :) Authors of "Menstruation" will be pissed off, but 90%+ of mil-sim community is now grinning anyway ;)

Because it's a video of British troops, so they're making up articles that are relevant to British life.

Because it's a video of British troops, so they're making up articles that are relevant to British life.

But surely it must be relevant to something else? Like everything else which is said.

(either a slag-off at CM or something relevant to the British troops operating on the borders of Takistan and Karzeghistan... with even more slagging-off at CM :p)

Maybe the 9-0 is a reference to something between BIS and CM?!? I don't see how though, or the 'Engineered' bit could be a reference to the engineers' new capabilities.

Edited by SASrecon

You're overthinking it, it's just a joke. Like that Rothbury ruins thing.

You're overthinking it, it's just a joke. Like that Rothbury ruins thing.

but.. but.. it's can't beeeeee :p

meh, my mind works in weird ways.

Very nice side blows on CM in this vid! :D

BI is becoming more and more likable. :D

So does this mean that there is potentially going to be a campaign or part of the campaign on Chernarus then too? Or was it more of just a "show off the forest troops" kind of deal?

edit: changed party to part... the way it was supposed to be written

Edited by Jakerod

So does this mean that there is potentially going to be a campaign or party of the campaign on Chernarus then too? Or was it more of just a "show off the forest troops" kind of deal?

The latter, if i recall correctly 'the campaign will be no shorter than Eagle Wing', and I'm pretty sure there's only gonna be one of them :rolleyes:

"We are going to have to act if we want to live in a different world" is a reference to a Command & Conquer music track, that's about the most random thing ever :D

Considering the prog-rock band 'HELL' also MARCH to the top of the charts, I dont think its that far-fetched. ;)