British Troops DLC released & Official 1.01 Update

Are you buying the DLC?  

1112 members have voted

1. 1. Are you buying the DLC?

• Yes
    • No
    • I'm not sure
    • I'm waiting for the price to drop

"We are going to have to act if we want to live in a different world" is a reference to a Command & Conquer music track, that's about the most random thing ever :D

at the very beginning of the ticker it gives the guys name as Frank Plekacki.

the guy who wrote the music for command and conquer was named Frank Klepacki :p How do i know this? i happened to be listening to the sound track to C&C 1 as i was browsing the forums!

its cool to see some old school C&C fans at BIS. 2 C&C referances in one short vid. ZING

an epic ticker!

edit: i still cant figure out what that srg (frost?) is saying. something about Kalashnikovs and latrines? watched like 5 times now trying to get it

Edited by That guy

edit: i still cant figure out what that srg (frost?) is saying. something about Kalashnikovs and latrines? watched like 5 times now trying to get it

I'm probably wrong but I heard it as:

"You have to search for Kalashnikovs in the latrines, around here."

"We are going to have to act if we want to live in a different world" is a reference to a Command & Conquer music track, that's about the most random thing ever :D

I also found "Prog-Rock band, "Hell", March to the top of the charts" (Hell March, a C&C:RA song)

EDIT: Just noticed DM beat me to it.

I hear a roomer today, that with today’s defence review announcement by ministers in Whitehall which will affect future deployments and equipment budgets that BI in order to maintain realism for 2012 the DLC will now only contain only the L85A2, GPMG, Warrior and Lynx and that Shapur will be reduced to 2km2, also in order that the Trident Nuclear deterrent may be replaced now its funding has been passed directly to the MoD that the DLC will now cost £17.99/€18.99/$19.99 :butbut:

:rolleyes:

Maybe the 9-0 is a reference to something between BIS and CM?!? I don't see how though, or the 'Engineered' bit could be a reference to the engineers' new capabilities.

I'd have to guess that the '9' is a reference to The Great Man's legendary shirt number... although I like what where you're going with that 'engineer' analysis, to be sure.

Guy I have never seen a holo sight on the L85 in real life. ????

Ah, but this happens in future you know? ;)

BIS can give Brits M1 garand and say its their future weapon. Don't know how realistic it would be, but if BIS wants it to be so, they make it so.

They still look naff, they wouldn't look half as bad if they simply made them black, regardless of the design choice in giving the L85s EOTech sights. Guess there have been too many promotional shots to change that now...

Could be worse, could be this:

SA80.png

:D

Edited by Daniel

My jaw literally dropped when I saw "We're going to have to act, if we want to live in a different world" never would have expected to see that much less "We want war wake up!"..nice tribute tot he classic Command & Conquer's.

Edited by NodUnit

Guy I have never seen a holo sight on the L85 in real life. ????

That's been discussed to death several times over already. ;)

There are several arguments for and against it, but it's going to be in the DLC.

GDhUkFlNfzQ

1:00

TAJIKISTAN EXTERIOR MINISTER: "THE POTENTIAL OF WAR CERTAINLY COULD NOT BE DESCRIBED AS REALISTIC"

:coop:

Quick question: how does the size of this new Shapur map compare to Utes island?

I heard its 4km x 4km.

That's correct, except I'm not sure of the size of Utes so I was hoping to be able to judge it against something I know.

I heard its 4km x 4km.

Nope. Shapur is 4 square kilometers, not 16.

Looking at a map of Utes looks like its landmass was around 3 square kilometers.

Great to hear about the new island, even if its small. Any chance you could knock up a British Warfare mission for this island with the DLC? I'd appreciate that.

It wouldn't surprise me if BIS include some sort of Official PVP game mode in the pack, as the new map seems ideal for that sort of thing and not a great deal else.

Ah I see, quite compact :raisebrow:

It is indeed quite compact, but that doesnt necessarily have to be a bad thing.

I could imagine a mode like Warfare working quite well and being quite fun to play on such a small map, should help with performance too :)

Large maps take exponentially larger amounts of time to make, so, it never was gonna be big, was it?

Maybe its a cunning plan by BIS to lure players from other shooters, using a size of map more familiar to them. And if they could script the AI to do the same thing every time a mission is played . . .

Large maps take exponentially larger amounts of time to make, so, it never was gonna be big, was it?

+1

Furthermore, the motivation behind Shapur will be to provide a distinct type of gameplay - a different type of environment - with which both players and mission designers can enjoy and experiment.