Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

ACRE v1.0 - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - Official Thread (ArmA2 to TS3 Plugin)

Some mates got mute in teamspeak when they were joining the server while running acre. Is it because they have winXP or is it something else?

thx for every help

StieMO

HOT FIX RELEASED FOR 1.0.11

Hey guys, I just released a hot fix for 1.0.11 which fixes some issues with the range/quality of the radio signal. Should really help on flat terrain where there were spurious losses due to ITU being funny, as well as tweaking the weight of the signal to the percentage (more weighted towards the middle again, not the lower end).

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

Do we know if the latest teamspeak beta breaks ACRE?

No, Beta 30 works fine.

So, should we now be using this instead of 1.0.10f?

thx in advance

No, this is still unstable for some people, but there are some groups that are staying with 1.0.11 and some that 1.0.10 is better for them.

hey guys,

today there came a TS3 update to beta30. At my side all works fine, no ts3 issuse. And ingame the same.

thanks for the hard work on this mod, i hope the updates on bis and ts3 will end soon.

StieMO

I hope they won't end soon. There still is work to be done. But they might want to keep the plugin API unchanged for a while ;).

Anyway, working great on my side, just have the occasional locally muted client.

For anyone who is still wondering, you can grab 1.0.11.210 (Hotfix'd version) from the official dev-heaven space.

I was looking at the acre_sys_io section and I have a general question about how ACRE uses JayArma2Lib pipes to interact with Teamspeak. In broad terms, can anyone explain how the pipe works? How does the Teamspeak plugin grab the data from the pipe?

I was looking at the acre_sys_io section and I have a general question about how ACRE uses JayArma2Lib pipes to interact with Teamspeak. In broad terms, can anyone explain how the pipe works? How does the Teamspeak plugin grab the data from the pipe?

Pipe read functions? Just google named pipes for the basics of its use. The only thing special that gets done is the UAC access really (which is still buggy, damn you microsoft!).

Its just normal FIFO access, the first message in is the first message out and the cue up in there until they are read.

---------- Post added at 12:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:47 AM ----------

Does this version allow us to use the ACE radios again?

When did it not, that is to say was there a bug? We have not seen any tickets/complaints from our testers about this...?

sorry noubernou but i can confirm for the ace radios tested yesterday with hotfix 1 i'm really busy with a big french/english coop ;)

Yes, but what is the issue? If there is a problem specifics are usually a good deal of help. Even better is making a ticket for it!

Dude, why are you up at 3:00am? Wait, why am I up at 3am? :o

Anyways, I'm hoping TFB picks this back up. Are all the kinks worked out? It seemed like it was all the stupid little stuff that was holding us back (Namely installation). Really looking forward to using this again, maybe. :p

Heh, my sleep schedule is all wacked out... School starts again on Monday and I am trying to get back into a normal sleep pattern (even though my first class is like at 1PM)... :p

Anyway, 1.0.10 is pretty darn stable, there are very few bugs with it. V1.0.11 is still pretty experimental.

Links are on the first post of this thread, and there is an installer for v1.0.10. :)

My unit is starting to use ACRE alongside ACE. We've been unable to get he long range radios(AN/PRC-77) to work. We've tried many times. Clear LOS, no more than an airfields distance apart, chopper to chopper. Nothing seems to work.

AN/PRC-148 works fine

Any help or advise?

;1757071']My unit is starting to use ACRE alongside ACE. We've been unable to get he long range radios(AN/PRC-77) to work. We've tried many times. Clear LOS' date=' no more than an airfields distance apart, chopper to chopper. Nothing seems to work.

AN/PRC-148 works fine

Any help or advise?[/quote']

Those all are AN/PRC-119 (even the AN/PRC-77 backpack is a 119, we dont have a 77 yet).

If you are using that make sure its not on low power. Low power on the 119 is pretty much useless, its range is about 500 meters under ideal conditions.

Pipe read functions? Just google named pipes for the basics of its use. The only thing special that gets done is the UAC access really (which is still buggy, damn you microsoft!).

Its just normal FIFO access, the first message in is the first message out and the cue up in there until they are read.

Thanks. I tried running this example by changing the name of the pipe and a small test script. It is able to successfully connect and write the data but the return value from the write is not true/false, it's a string "_JERR_NULL". Is there anything special I need to do in the code to return a true handle from the successful write, which is then passed to JayArma2Lib dll, then passed as a return value to the script in Arma2?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa365588%28v=VS.85%29.aspx

// Named Pipe Test

_pipeHandle = ["\\.\pipe\armapipe"] call jayarma2lib_fnc_openpipe;
if(!isNil("_pipeHandle")) then
{
player sidechat "Pipe connected!";
//success!
_ret = [_pipeHandle, "Hello from Arma!"] call jayarma2lib_fnc_writepipe;
if(_ret == true) then
{
	player sidechat "Write success";
}
else
{
	player sidechat "Write failed";
};
player sidechat _ret;  //<- this is returning a string as "_JERR_NULL"
}
else
{
player sidechat "Unable to connect to named pipe :(";
};

Try running in Admin mode, also might wanna move this convo to the JayArma2Lib thread, might get some more help there too. :)

Thanks for the idea. Just tried it and if I run as admin it isn't able to connect to the pipe. I'll ask over in the over thread. Cheers.

Those all are AN/PRC-119 (even the AN/PRC-77 backpack is a 119, we dont have a 77 yet).

If you are using that make sure its not on low power. Low power on the 119 is pretty much useless, its range is about 500 meters under ideal conditions.

The issue he's referring to is the ACE manpack radios not working. The interface comes up, but if you xmit, nobody can hear you.

After giving people real ACRE radios (with the long whip antennas) things work fine. So some sort of backwards compatibility seems to be broken with the ACE radios. Sorry for limited information, nobody to test with at the moment. But I have verified it personally and everyone who tried the ACE manpacks could not successfully use them. (this at like 50m) Something seems wonky with them.

This is all with version 1.0.11.

Edited by oktane

The issue he's referring to is the ACE manpack radios not working. The interface comes up, but if you xmit, nobody can hear you.

After giving people real ACRE radios (with the long whip antennas) things work fine. So some sort of backwards compatibility seems to be broken with the ACE radios. Sorry for limited information, nobody to test with at the moment. But I have verified it personally and everyone who tried the ACE manpacks could not successfully use them. (this at like 50m) Something seems wonky with them.

We have had the same issue. It seems ACRE detects that its a supported radio (as the interface shows up, and it shows up in the list of radios), it just doesn't transmit, on any power setting or frequency. So for now we're stuck with the ACRE radios that look weird-as-hell under certain lighting conditions (they glow).

Hi there gents

ive been useing acre now for some time.. and it works ok, exept some bugs.. but that can be sorted..

but ive noticed that in the keys config. that you cant setup a mouse key.

coz i use on ts3 PTT key the button for pageforword and i have a spare button pageback, is it possable to set it in the keys config from acre !?!?! insted of the tab one1

Heh, my sleep schedule is all wacked out... School starts again on Monday and I am trying to get back into a normal sleep pattern (even though my first class is like at 1PM)... :p

Anyway, 1.0.10 is pretty darn stable, there are very few bugs with it. V1.0.11 is still pretty experimental.

Links are on the first post of this thread, and there is an installer for v1.0.10. :)

Just to clarify: do you recommend using 1.0.10 over 1.0.11? Because the latter is being distributed over the Six Network, and I've been experiencing glitches with the 1.0.11 I am not sure where there before (problems with players being totally mute even though they are standing right behind you, while others can hear them fine — even radio transmissions won't be heard *client specific*).

Hi there gents

ive been useing acre now for some time.. and it works ok, exept some bugs.. but that can be sorted..

but ive noticed that in the keys config. that you cant setup a mouse key.

coz i use on ts3 PTT key the button for pageforword and i have a spare button pageback, is it possable to set it in the keys config from acre !?!?! insted of the tab one1

Yes, find a way to bind your mouse key to a keyboard key. ;) But no, there is no way to directly bind mice keys to the in game PTT. I bind my mouse keys though to keyboard keys (I have a MS Intellimouse Explorer 3.0).

Just to clarify: do you recommend using 1.0.10 over 1.0.11? Because the latter is being distributed over the Six Network, and I've been experiencing glitches with the 1.0.11 I am not sure where there before (problems with players being totally mute even though they are standing right behind you, while others can hear them fine — even radio transmissions won't be heard *client specific*).

Yes, we recommend 1.0.10 as the stable.