Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

ACRE v1.0 - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - Official Thread (ArmA2 to TS3 Plugin)

sorry we do some test again and i can confirm the attenuation tank bug is still here i can heard someone outside my vehicule sorry noubernou and jay

Weird...

After the newest update, I keep getting an error message ingame saying "Acre is NOT connected to Teamspeak".

I've tried everything... re-installing, remove & re-install, disable & enable plugin, etc.

nothing seems to be working.

It was working just fine before the update

Hi guys,

Our team has big problem atm with ACRE. As soon as some people are on the Server, the game freezes for some people. This only happens when ACRE is active (we made a test).

We hoped the update today would help, but id didnt. We still got some crashes.

I know SafetyCatch allready contacted the ACRE Developers, but i just want to make sure if we are realy the only one who have problems with the current Version? Are there others out there who has problem with ACRE & ArmaFreezes?

We allready tried to reinstall the whole thing.

ArmA2 isnt the same without ACRE :(

Thanks. Have a nice evening

Yes, Our server is running it and alot of guys crash out when using this. I am going to try this new update and hope all is good. If I start crashing Im going to stop running it again and will post my report/dump files. I encourage you to do the same.

I hate not running ACRE. It adds a whole new element to the game and is great when you dont have 5 people on TS trying to talk over each other. Thats a big problem we have when there are 10-20 guys on TS.

@mia389

Thanks for the Information. Our Report/Dump files were allready sended to ACRE DEV's. The next step we have taken is to completly reinstall the whole Server. Maybe there was a mixup in the many updates... Who knows.

Will keep you posted.

Thanks, Best regards

MAG

Weird...

After the newest update, I keep getting an error message ingame saying "Acre is NOT connected to Teamspeak".

I've tried everything... re-installing, remove & re-install, disable & enable plugin, etc.

nothing seems to be working.

It was working just fine before the update

I think it doesnt work with the last Arma2 beta patch, I got the same problem and put back to the previous beta patch and it worked

Well it would be a surprise if it would work with the latest beta, because there is no JayArma2lib support for beta 73116 yet, and if JayArma2lib doesnt work -> ACRE doesnt work

BTW I was reading about the repeater issue. I dont know these military radios, but in civilian communications usually reapeaters are used with duplex mode (Rx and Tx freq has an offset between). Is this the same in mil communications? Are these radios capable of doing this?

Edited by Petko

The ACRE is still giving error with TS3 version 3.0.0-beta26 [build: 12 040] following screenshot of the error.

That only happens to me or has anyone else with this error?

acreerror.png

That only happens to me or has anyone else with this error?

I tried but as administrator but nothing working.

I'll install the 32Bit and do the same test!

Edited by WoODoO

plo wait your test result =)

================================================

Same error with 3.0.0-beta26 TS3.

Which version you are using?

@Woodoo, @Cyborg11:

Did you *read* the error? All it means is you didn't have ACRE selected in plugins. It just is letting you know it wasnt loaded.

@M1n1d0u:

Yah I know...working on it, some vehicles don't position correctly it seems.

@mia389:

Can you confirm that these are *ARMA2 CRASHES*, not TS3 crashes?

@swissMAG:

You need to clarify Arma2 Crash to desktops please. TS3 is known to crash, but we have had *no* reports of ArmA2 CTD's except for your guys, with your specific modset. BIS is looking into the crashes.

@Howard, @SpetS15:

JayArmA2Lib has not been updated for the latest beta yet. they released 115 and 116 back to back within a few hours, and I didn't know that until after release. It works up to 115. 116 was just a server fix anyways.

@secludedsfx:

Can you please file a ticket on DH with the crash dump? This is an unreported issue, and just saying "it crashed" is not helpful.

@TonySoft:

Can you please be less brief and a little more descriptive? "It doesnt work", doesn't work.

Retrans works like this:

You set a retrans object with 2 frequencies. You test with 2 people, on those 2 frequencies. They have to be on *the separate channels*. So - if you have a retrans station setup with CH1 and CH3. Then you talk on CH1, it gets rebroadcasted to CH3. Same for people speaking on CH3.

Its not just a simple signal boost.

Can you confirm that this is the way you are using it, and it is not retransmitting? I just tested again - works fine. Example pbo HERE

@Petko:

See my description of how retrans works above. It works the same - its a relay between two frequencies.

Edited by jaynus

oki if i'm right some vehicule haven't food position ? i use ace stryker for my test

@Petko:

See my description of how retrans works above. It works the same - its a relay between two frequencies.

Yea i know that, i was just asking if the radios will be able to work in duplex mode. Because with out that, the communication will be only in one direction if a different freq is set for the repeater rx and tx.

@jaynus

It happens this way. We join all on the server, start the game, getting our Gear and suddenly the first one get a Freeze or CTD. He is still in TS3 and can talk with us. Then Suddenly the next guy and the next guy. We completly reinstalled the whole Server (Arma and TS3) new and will try it again in todays OP. If there is still a problem, i will try to get you some Crashreports too.

BIS is looking into it specific? Thats great :)

@swissMAG:

You need to clarify Arma2 Crash to desktops please. TS3 is known to crash, but we have had *no* reports of ArmA2 CTD's except for your guys, with your specific modset. BIS is looking into the crashes.

Yea i know that, i was just asking if the radios will be able to work in duplex mode. Because with out that, the communication will be only in one direction if a different freq is set for the repeater rx and tx.

Ah. Yah - we have no concept of duplex in our code, its just whatever limitations we give it. And right now, all radios act as full-duplex anyways.

As for the RXMT - its only a virtual object right now. Later, for deployable radios, than duplex will come into play.

Retrans works on both frequencies.

If a retrans station picks up a signal on the tx freq it will retrans on the rx freq and vica versa.

Myself and a couple of clan mates are trying out ACE & ACRE for the first time this weekend.

We all have Combined Operations & BAF, retail installs to default locations.

We've used Six Updater to download all of the mods today including the latest ACRE, @CBA and @JayArma2Lib. As far as I can see everything is installed correctly.

Both ARMA & TS3 are running as Admin.

My push to talk key in TS3 is Middle Mouse Button

My push to talk key in ACRE is the default CAPSLOCK

Standing 1 yard in front of my friend if I press MMB he can see my characters lips move and hear me with 3d positioning (if he stands further away or behind me it gets quieter).

Standing 1 yard in front of my friend if I press CAPSLOCK he can see my characters lips move and hear me over the radio with distortion however he can also here me directly with no 3d positioning.

If I'm beside him or a kilometer away he still hears me twice, once as if TS3 is running normally with no 3d positioning and then on the Radio with a slight delay.

Any ideas what we might be doing wrong?

Not sure if SixUpdater has been pushed yet... what version is your version.txt showing? For future it's always better to grab it from this thread :)