Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

ACRE v1.0 - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - Official Thread (ArmA2 to TS3 Plugin)

ACRE: 1.0.10

CBA: Build 120

JayArma2Lib: VERSION: 1.3.1

Also running Windows 7 64bit and TS3 64bit, when I look in the TS3 Plugin Directory it is the 64bit version of the ACRE plugin.

Myself and a couple of clan mates are trying out ACE & ACRE for the first time this weekend.

We all have Combined Operations & BAF, retail installs to default locations.

We've used Six Updater to download all of the mods today including the latest ACRE, @CBA and @JayArma2Lib. As far as I can see everything is installed correctly.

Both ARMA & TS3 are running as Admin.

My push to talk key in TS3 is Middle Mouse Button

My push to talk key in ACRE is the default CAPSLOCK

Standing 1 yard in front of my friend if I press MMB he can see my characters lips move and hear me with 3d positioning (if he stands further away or behind me it gets quieter).

Standing 1 yard in front of my friend if I press CAPSLOCK he can see my characters lips move and hear me over the radio with distortion however he can also here me directly with no 3d positioning.

If I'm beside him or a kilometer away he still hears me twice, once as if TS3 is running normally with no 3d positioning and then on the Radio with a slight delay.

Any ideas what we might be doing wrong?

Turn off your VON keys in ArmA2 controls. You are probably hearing each other over ArmA2 voice over net, which is default bound to capslock as well.

Turn off your VON keys in ArmA2 controls. You are probably hearing each other over ArmA2 voice over net, which is default bound to capslock as well.

Fixed!

Removed the VON key binding & set the VON volume to nothing in Audio Options.

Thanks for the help.

ACRE is AWESOME!!!

Edited by El_MUERkO

@Woodoo, @Cyborg11:

Did you *read* the error? All it means is you didn't have ACRE selected in plugins. It just is letting you know it wasnt loaded.

And did you seen the screens?? if you can see know that I downloaded and installed the ACRE and still put the dll in the right place!

What's more even with this error when I select it from the list of plugins in TS3 the program (TS3) crashes all the time and closes when I remove the dll from the folder it goes back to normal!

The errors do not know them 'cause it worked well in other versions but the starting V1.0.9.130 the problems started!

Edited by WoODoO

Just removed the key binding. Do I need to do anything else to disable VON?

Nope, make sure you removed both the ptt and the voice over net one, one should be capslock and the other 2x capslock. :)

@woodoo make sure you launch the pluggin before you launch the game

I think it doesnt work with the last Arma2 beta patch, I got the same problem and put back to the previous beta patch and it worked
@Howard, @SpetS15:

JayArmA2Lib has not been updated for the latest beta yet. they released 115 and 116 back to back within a few hours, and I didn't know that until after release. It works up to 115. 116 was just a server fix anyways.

When I wrote "after the latest update", I meant the latest ACRE update, not ARMA update.

I'm absolutely sure I'm running ArmA 2: Combined Arms v1.54 w/o beta applied.

Here's what I've tried today:

-Completely removing ACRE & JayLib along with the TS3 plugin and re-installing.

-Enabling/Disabling TS3 plugin along with re-starting TS3 multiple times.

-Completely uninstall TS3 & reinstall along with ACRE

-Removing & Re-writing firewall rules for TS3 & ARMA

Notice: I am running the game through Yoma Addon Sync with the modset "@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_PLA;@JayArma2Lib;@ACRE;"

Also, every action I do to try to fix this is being run as admin.

And I'm using Windows Vista 32bit

@Howard:

We have had reports of anti-virus/anti-spyware blocking the communications. Any possibility of that happening? Try disabling them

@SwissMAG:

Yes. It is confirmed that the crash *ONLY* occurs with your groups *specific* addon pack. If you just remove it down to ACRE+ACE+CBA, it works fine. It is the specific addon of your group - we are looking into the crash to see if its jayarma2lib specific or a addon conflict crash (suspected).

Edited by jaynus

@jaynus

And did you seen the screens?? if you can see know that I downloaded and installed the ACRE and still put the dll in the right place!

What's more even with this error when I select it from the list of plugins in TS3 the program (TS3) crashes all the time and closes when I remove the dll from the folder it goes back to normal!

The errors do not know them 'cause it worked well in other versions but the starting V1.0.9.130 the problems started!

@m1n1d0u

If I launch the pluggin both before and after the TS3 is unstable and crashes all the time and have to restart the TS3.

Edited by WoODoO

@jaynus

Are you using multiple tabs? Do these crashes produce any dumps, or are they hangs that do not (Dumps go to your Documents or my Documents folder).

... with the modset "@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_PLA;@JayArma2Lib;@ACRE;"

..";@ACRE;" is that a typo, the semicolon at the end? or is that your actual mod string? cant have the ; at the end, and try with out Yoma.

@jaynus

Exactly, if I open multiple tabs it crashes and generates a dump file.

What I really do not understand is that the pluggin is installed correctly, both in the folder of the folder as arma2 arrowhead pluggin the TS3.

I know the message is that apparently the pluggin is not enabled but when I activate the pluggin, is beginning to catch TS3 generating the dumps.

What is going wrong?

@jaynus

Exactly, if I open multiple tabs it crashes and generates a dump file.

What I really do not understand is that the pluggin is installed correctly, both in the folder of the folder as arma2 arrowhead pluggin the TS3.

I know the message is that apparently the pluggin is not enabled but when I activate the pluggin, is beginning to catch TS3 generating the dumps.

What is going wrong?

From our Known Issues list:

* ACRE does not support multiple tabs

..";@ACRE;" is that a typo, the semicolon at the end? or is that your actual mod string? cant have the ; at the end, and try with out Yoma.

It will not matter.

Simicolon is just a seperater, having it at the end will not cause any issues :)

Simicolon is just a seperater, having it at the end will not cause any issues :)

Yes it will, at least it always has for me.

When I wrote "after the latest update", I meant the latest ACRE update, not ARMA update.

I'm absolutely sure I'm running ArmA 2: Combined Arms v1.54 w/o beta applied.

Here's what I've tried today:

-Completely removing ACRE & JayLib along with the TS3 plugin and re-installing.

-Enabling/Disabling TS3 plugin along with re-starting TS3 multiple times.

-Completely uninstall TS3 & reinstall along with ACRE

-Removing & Re-writing firewall rules for TS3 & ARMA

Notice: I am running the game through Yoma Addon Sync with the modset "@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_PLA;@JayArma2Lib;@ACRE;"

Also, every action I do to try to fix this is being run as admin.

And I'm using Windows Vista 32bit

Try running ACRE without ACE and report back to meh, lemme know what you find and i'll reply back.

If using CO, you need just CBA, Jlib and ACRE, if running OA, you need CBA_OA and JLIB and ACRE.

anyway, get back to meh. :cool:

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:28 AM ----------

*shrugs*, i've never had any issues lol, btw how is your house defunkt? I've been doing engineer reports all day for structural damage... geezz

Ex-state house mate, not even a cracked window, plus ours always looks like an earthquake hit it.

Ex-state house mate, not even a cracked window, plus ours always looks like an earthquake hit it.

Oh ok, mmm alot of damage, i'll check to see if there is a thread in the off topic sec.

Thanks for the help given to us!

But now I have another problem that had not before.

Acre now works in part, the 3D environment works but the radio does not work when pressing Capslock.

I need to do some setting that did not have before?

how do i work that demo mission from page 53>? it isn't working for me! its not boosting anything! i can't hear the other who is on the runway when i am standing next to the relay station......

Thanks for the help given to us!

But now I have another problem that had not before.

Acre now works in part, the 3D environment works but the radio does not work when pressing Capslock.

I need to do some setting that did not have before?

Is this on a local or dedicated server?

Local should work sweet, Dedicated probably isn't installed right / active.

I have a small suggestion, take it or leave it... when you press the buttons on the radio, it would be nice to show that they are actually pressed so you get some visual feedback. Technically, I'm not sure how this works or if it would be possible but it would be a nice touch.

Indeed, there should not be a semicolon as the last character in the mod list.

having -mod=;;;;;bla should not be a problem, but -mod=bla; is.

It will not matter.

yeah but you cant separate nothing in the param... it will look for something