Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

ACRE v1.0 - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - Official Thread (ArmA2 to TS3 Plugin)

what versions of ts3 does acre 1.0.10 work with?

i have tried: the latest beta (30), beta 26 and beta 23

all of them come up with the "acre plugin was not loaded" error.

I really want to use this amazing addon, loved a2t

Works all the way up to beta 31 which came out today. :)

Make sure you are using the latest DLLs, from the links on the front page of this thread.

Hi there gents

ive been useing acre now for some time.. and it works ok, exept some bugs.. but that can be sorted..

but ive noticed that in the keys config. that you cant setup a mouse key.

coz i use on ts3 PTT key the button for pageforword and i have a spare button pageback, is it possable to set it in the keys config from acre !?!?! insted of the tab one1

To retain functionality in windows try this:

With the mouse software(setpoint, or intellimouse etc), map 'pageback' mouse button to backspace or alt-left arrow, as both of those will cause the browser to go 'back' to the previous page. Then set that in the ACRE config to be transmit. That way you get the old behavior of the mouse while not in game, yet still are able to use it to talk in ACRE.

Hi guys, got a bit of a problem. I am using ACRE 1.0.10 as this is what the server I play on uses. With it I am using Teamspeak 3 beta 26 which I am told is the version you need. I am able to enable the plugin in teamspeak but in game, it says that ACRE is not connected to teamspeak.

Help would be appriceated.

Thanks in advance.

Hi guys, got a bit of a problem. I am using ACRE 1.0.10 as this is what the server I play on uses. With it I am using Teamspeak 3 beta 26 which I am told is the version you need. I am able to enable the plugin in teamspeak but in game, it says that ACRE is not connected to teamspeak.

Thanks in advance.

You can use up to beta 31, but anyway, try running both TS3 and ArmA2 as administrator.

Fashions works with patches new a beta?

Thanks in advance.

Well, make sure if you are running Beta that JayArma2Lib is ready for that beta.

VERSION: 1.3.4

CURRENT BETA SUPPORT: 73251

UPDATED: 09.13.2010

There wasnt a new version of it lately for the newer Betas. So you will get this message. And with the message, ACRE doesnt work...

-> This Version will still run:

ftp://downloads.bistudio.com/arma2.com/update/beta/ARMA2_OA_Build_73251.zip

If you are using an older Beta, dont forget to but the dsound.dll file into you expansion/beta folder.

i have a question noubernou with the ba news (jaynus), we haven't udapte on acre, i have only one question can you make an acre 1.0.10 and the news radios ? because we love prc-343 and other radios but we don't love the unstability of the 1.0.11.210

I got a problem with 3d sound, I guess its a problem. I have TS speaking button on Caps Lock and button unbinded in ArmA 2 options. In acre_keys.hpp I have also caps lock. How do I use 3d sounds, I mean how can I stop transmitting through the radio all the time. How exactly works Raise/Lower HeadSet.

Unbind Capslock as your TS transmit key, or change the radio transmit key in acre_keys.hpp to soemthing other than caps lock. You can't have the same button bound to both or you'll always transmit over the radio.

Okay, so at the risk of sounding like a muppet:

What's the best combination of TS3 and ACRE to be using right now versions wise?

Latest TS3 (that should be Beta 31) and V1.0.10 is the best. V1.0.11 is unstable at the moment, but will work with Beta 31 as well.

Searched 4 times and read 40+ pages of this thread, but still can't find what I'm looking for. Is there a easy test via script where I can determine if a client is running ACRE? I'm trying to build an ACE map but don't (can't) run ACRE, but others can. Including the radios is preventing my client from running since I get config errors.

Is there a simple isAcre type command or variable I can check?

Update:

This seems to work, but is it the best solution? :)

if (!(getText (configFile >> "cfgWeapons" >> "ACRE_PRC117F" >> "displayName")) == "") then 
{
_unit addWeapon "ACRE_PRC117F";	
};

Edited by kylania

This is how I'd do it:

_acre = isClass (configFile >> "CfgPatches" >> "acre_main"); // true,false

Then if you want to check version:

_acre_version = getArray (configFile >> "CfgPatches" >> "acre_main" >> "versionAr"); // [1, 0, 10, 137]

If you need to check for a certain radio addon like you did, you can also do it with isClass:

if (isClass (configFile >> "cfgWeapons" >> "ACRE_PRC117F")) then 
{
   _unit addWeapon "ACRE_PRC117F";    
};

Edited by Robalo_AS

With 1.0.11.210 and TS3 Beta31 the long range radio's don't seem to work but as for the short range it seems to work fine, anyone else having this issue?

@OM

Yep, thats one of the reason everybody uses the stable version 1.0.10.xxx ;)

If you want to keep this version, just take the digital 117 LR Radio. That one should work. But the newer version is a NOT Stable version, it maybe have some more bugs.

Any news about a new stable version and newer Beta support? (I know JayArma2Lib is currently for a specific reason not active). Any new awesome features?

Thanks for your work. :cool:

yeah tried it out just before with the 1.0.10 version, works but the pain is the reoccurring message in the corner, but i'm sure there working on it as fast as possible so I'm not complaining :).

reoccurring message in the corner

What does the message say? I dont have any problems or messages with the 1.0.10 version. Maybe we can help you there.

hi all, trying for a while this addon but i still get the message ACR is not connected with teamspeak

i have the latest version of this addon and ts

and i use ARMA2_OA_Build_72716

@Sneaker-78-

Did you try out JayArma2Lib 1.3.3? Did you put the dsound.dll file into the Arma2\expansion\beta\ ? You put the TS3 Plugin in the TS3 directory and activated it? Your problem should be somewhere in those locations ;)

Hope i could help

Any news about new stable version? :o

hi i have this problem me and my friend are testing acre.

now we have not error messages popping up in the screen,my mate can hear me in 3d but when he has to speak ,i don't ear him and looking on the ts3 panel i've noticed that he is in local muted mode altought he didn't press any keys.

any suggestion to make my mate able to speak with me?

EDIT:i've noticed the problem persist also if my mate restart ts and no more local muted status appears...

in game when i speak he see my lips moving,but he can't make any sounds.

Edited by Zio Sam