Sign in to follow this  
noubernou

ACRE v1.0 - Advanced Combat Radio Environment - Official Thread (ArmA2 to TS3 Plugin)

Hey ACRE users, if you guys want to help us test the next upcoming release, we will be having an open test on the UO servers in about 45 minutes at 2200 zulu.

See thread below for details on server info.

http://unitedoperations.net/Thread-ACRE-Test-Tonight-Thursday-22-00Z

Requirements are last fridays ACE release and the RC of ACRE which we will give you the link to.

ACRE Version 1.0.12 Released!

Here are the feature changes below.

-- 1.0.12 --

* Disabled remote/buddy radios

* Fixed issue with location sticking in direct

* Fixed programming error with 148 and 119

* Fixed issue where radio volume would affect direct volume

* Fixed issue where respawning would make you lose your radio

* Fixed issue where you could squawk & talk after respawning even if you didnt have a radio

* Fixed issue where you could talk on radio after dropping your radio

* Circumvented ArmA2 issue where some JIP/respawns would not show up in the player list

* Mitigated issue for 0 divisor bug in antenna code, not a fix, but ArmA seems to randomly barf on valid input

* Signal loss code reverted to not be weighted so much in the lower region.

* Signal loss code now has more "squelch" range where input is garbled (motivation for squelch on radios)

* Fixed issue with retrans being heard between retrans frequencies (FOR S2)

There could be issues with random muting but we think we have them tied down. If you do experience these issues let us know, especially if someone is talking on TS3 (lighting up) but you do not hear them and do NOT see their lips moving in game (this is a new symptom of something that might be TS3 related).

Edited by NouberNou

Fantastic news! Can't wait to try out the new version! Thanks for all your hard work (that goes for all the ACRE devs of course)!

Thanks.

I'm back at the grind as well, folks. So dev is back to about 80% full forward again (still slacking a bit, but back on the ball)

thanks for the udapte i test it tomorow ;) keep your great works !

what are the freq settings for the 343?

---------- Post added at 01:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 AM ----------

or does _ret = ["ACRE_PRC343", [2402] ] call acre_api_fnc_setDefaultChannels;

is not able to work with the 343?

what are the freq settings for the 343?

---------- Post added at 01:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:46 AM ----------

or does _ret = ["ACRE_PRC343", [2402] ] call acre_api_fnc_setDefaultChannels;

is not able to work with the 343?

The 343 is on a completely different frequency spread (2.4ghz) than the other radios; it cannot share frequencies with the other radios.

im aware of that but was trying to set up default channels for my units. not change the Freqs but just set the default channels per fireteam.

EX

1-1-A = channel2/ 2402

1-2-B= Channel4/ 2404

im aware of that but was trying to set up default channels for my units. not change the Freqs but just set the default channels per fireteam.

EX

1-1-A = channel2/ 2402

1-2-B= Channel4/ 2404

Its not compat at the moment with the API. My next big push for myself is writing an interface/interface parser for our radios and third party radios that make sure they coform in a way that the API can use. The 343 is a failure on part of that. :P

Its not a big deal though imo, there is only 16 channels, just tell them what channel to go to. :)

Hi Noubernou,

I have a issue here:

- I'm using ACRE ingame, updated with last version of topic

- I'm using TS-beta32-32bits

- I'm using ARMA2+BAF+OA

When I disconnect from TS Server and disconnect from arma 2 Server, and reconnect to TS and ARMA2 server , then, the TS to stay mutated. To fix this, I need to go in the voice activation, and move the bar a little. This is inconvenient if someone abruptly quit the game and ts.

I tested with 3 players, and the issue repeats.

Best regards

Ps. this issue repeats in old versions of ACRE, too...

Edited by D3lta

hi Jaynus,congratulation for the ADDON, is great!!

I have a trouble with the asigned keys.

Yesteray I was setting my josystick, and i dont know how but, i changed something that makes my character to stand up when i press CTRL+SHIFT+C to switch the radio.

I know that i could change the stand up key or the switch radio keys in the ACRE-KEYS, but i want it all in the default settings...:confused::confused:

Anything to do?

Hi Noubernou,

I have a issue here:

- I'm using ACRE ingame, updated with last version of topic

- I'm using TS-beta32-32bits

- I'm using ARMA2+BAF+OA

When I disconnect from TS Server and disconnect from arma 2 Server, and reconnect to TS and ARMA2 server , then, the TS to stay mutated. To fix this, I need to go in the voice activation, and move the bar a little. This is inconvenient if someone abruptly quit the game and ts.

I tested with 3 players, and the issue repeats.

Best regards

Ps. this issue repeats in old versions of ACRE, too...

You stay muted to the (as in they can not hear you) or they are muted to you (as in you can not hear them)? This occurs even after shutting down both and restarting TS3?

You stay muted to the (as in they can not hear you) or they are muted to you (as in you can not hear them)? This occurs even after shutting down both and restarting TS3?

they are muted for other players in the channel. Yes, this occurs even after shutting down the game cliente and TS3 Client.

How to Test:

- play the game/MP with ACRE activated normaly

- disconnect ARMA from MP server

- close TS3 Client

- reconnect TS3 Client

- Run the game and reconnect to the server MP, wait to return the control of doll

- Try to speak with the other players. ( you are mutated now)

HOw to fix: move the bar of voice activation.

Best Regards...

Edited by D3lta

D3lta, can you please confirm this is when you ARE or ARE NOT using voice activation?

Few questions:

1. Do you have a range map of Takistan.

2. Tell me the range of AN/PRC-77 on ACE2. Today we made some tests, I was in Feruz Abbar while my teammate at Rasman Airport. He couldn't hear me. When I climbed on hill north from a mine I could get him quite well. Does Takistani mountarns break signal so much?

Few questions:

1. Do you have a range map of Takistan.

2. Tell me the range of AN/PRC-77 on ACE2. Today we made some tests, I was in Feruz Abbar while my teammate at Rasman Airport. He couldn't hear me. When I climbed on hill north from a mine I could get him quite well. Does Takistani mountarns break signal so much?

The PRC77 currently has the same values as the 119.

Nou can answer better on the signal map. Takistan does kill reception pretty well. They are big mountains.

The 119 and 77 are both VERY old radios too. The 148 is much stronger than them.

hey acre team , welcome back jaynus ;) we make a test and two of my friends have this message : ASSERT - Attempted to update 3d-pos on player *NOT* updated via setPlayerList, I can make a ticket if you want

hey acre team , welcome back jaynus ;) we make a test and two of my friends have this message : ASSERT - Attempted to update 3d-pos on player *NOT* updated via setPlayerList, I can make a ticket if you want

In the log, or popup?

in the log

edit : in the log too i have this message on the 4 mate who send me their log

ACRE [0:27:34.482] got plugin version request

ACRE [0:27:34.482] sending 1.0.12

Edited by M1n1d0u

D3lta, can you please confirm this is when you ARE or ARE NOT using voice activation?

My TS3 Client is configured with voice activation, always. OK?

Is ACRE incompatible with voice activation config? :confused:

What is the range of PRC-148 and PRC-119 on plain terrain? How can I calculate range loss forced by terrain?