Sign in to follow this  
echo_2-7

DLC- What do YOU want?

Cat's DLC . We have dogs , why not cats ... :mad: .

ONTOPIC :)

A weapon pack DLC .

Rifles

Pistols

Launchers

Just that .

a DLC similar to what they did for thw brits but for Canada troops... aint that hard.. half the stuff is already in game!

What i'd like to see is better AI, Better use of VP's & drills, IED's, Better stories, Longer misson's, campaign's where maybe mission 1 is arriving at say NATO's main base then after being on the ranges your unit heads off to a FOB, mission 2 could be the start of your patrols like getting to the FOB!, mission 3 could be the start of your on site patrols & they could be random from PR, convoy, defending your FOB, IED clearance & so on?

How about new islands like the Falklands using a Brits / French combined task force, maybe using the new aircraft carriers the UK has & having a proper naval / land task force with all the supplies on the ships & having to rely on the air support for many tasks like fast air or troop movement & so on. As a player you would be playing these rolls? This campaign wouldn't end once a certain amount of missions have been played but ONLY end if you was able to retake the Island's & then hold it maybe? Might be nice to be able to deal with POW's properly also.

How about having a campaign that dont end with like 12 missions but how about a campaign that lasts a 6 month tour so you would have loads of missions?

Maybe missions lasting longer & longer firefight?

Andy

---------- Post added at 12:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:13 PM ----------

MAybe a choice of what battle group you want to play part of?

a DLC similar to what they did for thw brits but for Canada troops... aint that hard.. half the stuff is already in game!

I would also like to see a DLC with Canadian forces as well and I also agree that it wouldn't be that hard - for example to make the IFV variant of the LAVIII, BIS could use the Striker replacing the remote turret with the turret of the LAV25 (from Arma2) and then resking the vehicle since the Striker is in fact the American version of the LAVIII.

A Canadian Chinook can also be modeled by simply reskining the current US or BAF Chinook and the same goes for the M16 and M4 rifles, the Carl Gustav launcher, the M113 (which could include a repair variant) and the LAV25 ambulance (USMC) which is the same as the Bison Ambulance (used by the Canadian Forces) and so on.

BIS would only to make from scratch a few vehicles and weapons such as the Leopard2, the CH-146 Griffon (this one could be made by modifying the UH-1Y model), the Eryx AT Launchers (very similar in concept to the Dragon but smaller), the LAW-72 AT launcher and a few others...

i would like to see a fully GMF dlc.

german military forces. could aslo be named Gaf :)

I'd love to see the "full" Bundeswehr, at least more than just the KSK which are also awesome btw.

Id rather have the ability to command the pilot to do really complex things like... move this position and land, return to base and land etc

I'd like the USMC and Russians to make a return in OA, but in desert camouflage. Also the US Army in Woodland camo for use in Utes and Chernarus and the Brits in Woodland and Desert camo.
And remade M4s and M16s

just gonna throw this in here again until BIS finally gives in: MH-60L DAP

Been saying that for awhile. Would be perfect in an SF DLC.

Whilst I don't think it should be a payed DLC, I think the editor should have easy access to all scripts (names + description on easy access, such as changing weapons on classes, creating paradrops and fastropes, respawns and artillery-ammo types on a list in-game instead of having to browse the internets and typing that in). I think it would allow to least-experienced mission-editors here do more complex missions :)

It's just that I dislike having to type a lot of information. Not that I am lazy, but I think that if everything was in-game (rather than having to move a file into your PC and then linking it in the game) would just favor some people, the more casual-like ones I suppose, if I got the meaning of that word correctly ;)

And remade M4s and M16s

What do you mean by that, exactly?

Edited by goguapsy

I need new maps. The left side of Chernarus.

- A top map to play warfare. 20-30 villages and citys. A map without big hills, rivers and bridges.

- The same type of map with OA style.

- OA-content in woodland style.

- Russians and CDF in desert style

Edited by Dieter66

Whilst I don't think it should be a payed DLC, I think the editor should have easy access to all scripts (names + description on easy access, such as changing weapons on classes, creating paradrops and fastropes, respawns and artillery-ammo types on a list in-game instead of having to browse the internets and typing that in). I think it would allow to least-experienced mission-editors here do more complex missions :)

I agree that a pick and choose system for premade scripts would be nice to have in the editor but it should be very low down the list. It's not hard to run the game in windowed mode alongside notepad and a browser.

International Special Forces and Counter Terrorist DLC please.

@goguapsy: You already have something like this for generic things via the functions manager, and variable settings on the other modules. This gives you access to builtin scripts that are pretty much verified works in a "generic fashion". Things like respawns, paradrops, and fastropes are rarely generic, but instead very specific to the mission you want to use them in. Therefore you have to obtain it, put it in your mission, and then tweak it until it works properly with the mission.

Nobody has invented a magic button yet...

I want to be able to salute from the cockpit or when turned out.

but that's just for fun & signaling reasons...

what I really think would sell is advanced aviation models!

I know arma2 is hardly a reference flight sim, but the way the rudder control is auto

when banking is a bad joke & if you try to counter this effect it just returns the

rudder to the neutral position >:( removing. also refine heli flight model a little

make the longbow system & similar actually work when radome has vantage

I would pay for Advanced Air warfare & Air Ground missions/capabilities.

make a map called No Fly Zone first missions could be hit Sam sites etc. then could

be air to air combat fend off enemy ground assault of captured targets, maybe include

an inf based one where you are a sniper or deep cover op. who must paint/strobe targets

for A10's or Ah64's when civ's are threatened!

of course if this was released on a CD alongside BAF and PMC I'd be forking out another $50 quick as for it :D

Edited by Panthro
forgot a bit/refined post

I know arma2 is hardly a reference flight sim, but the way the rudder control is auto when banking is a bad joke ...

Isn't that what auto coordination (or auto rudder? been a long time) in MSFS does too? Not sure if the actual deflection is there or as extreme as in OA, but you need rudder to maintain a coordinated turn. That's for GA, which I'm used to. Not sure how it turns into when lift isn't needed anymore (due excessive power), for a fighter jet.

then I guess the question is when can I disable this feature on a server and how much does flyby wire really change the surfaces vs pilot input.

For a start, a Challanger 2 for BAF.

Sticking to the desert theme, IDF style or ADF? ADF.

We all dream of it, shooting from the inside of a vehicle!

Bipods and forward grips do somthing perhaps?

Not sure on this one, better implementation of the LD.

A waypoint in the editor, for helicopters, called "combat unload". From the last move WP to the unload, the heli slowly reduces speed, adjusts its decent accordingly, flares before landing and lands where you put the WP in line in the direction it was flying. Troops get out a bit faster than normal and away the heli goes. None of this flare as we hit the WP and go up to +200m then circle twice to land somewhere else while loosing men cause we are so high up. Keep it simple.

Bring back bridges and get the AI to cross it on anything other than safe and careless.

Keep up the good work.

Think thats it.

I'd like self-propelled arty like the M109A6(us, usmc), AS90(uk), 2S1(takistan), 2S3(cdf) and 2S19(russia). They would work like the fixed arty just that they are on tracks. Also, Mi-26, Mi-28 and Ka-50 for russia and uh-1n, ah-1w, ch-53(e and k) for usmc plus the himars for the us army. As a bonus, Sea Knight for USMC and Pave Low, mh-60 dap for Us army.

Edited by Echo_2-7

I'd like to see БМПТ (Ð‘Ð¾ÐµÐ²Ð°Ñ Ð¼Ð°ÑˆÐ¸Ð½Ð° поддержки танков, Tank Supporter or something like that, cant say it in english). Think it will be unique experience for ArmA 2 players:rolleyes:

I'd like to see БМПТ (Ð‘Ð¾ÐµÐ²Ð°Ñ Ð¼Ð°ÑˆÐ¸Ð½Ð° поддержки танков, Tank Supporter or something like that, cant say it in english). Think it will be unique experience for ArmA 2 players:rolleyes:

Is BMPT what you mean? If so that would be awesome if Russia is ever updated/brought to OA standards.

Just bring us something the community can't give us !

I've nothing against the Canadian army but as said before half the stuff are already ingame. WHat's the point of having the same vehicles with just a little antena on the side or with a a different camo ??? A C7 is exactly the same as a M16, it has the same effect, it looks slightly the same,...no offense but I don't see the point of paying for that. This is just eye candy

Please BIS work on the gameplay, advanced flight models, AI, new abilities (being able to walk/shoot from vehicles,...), 3D editor,...Just improve the game not the number of units

Just bring us something the community can't give us ! Please BIS work on the gameplay, advanced flight models, AI, new abilities (being able to walk/shoot from vehicles,...), 3D editor,...Just improve the game not the number of units

This I really dont get the reason for everyone wanting new Units, @People requesting New units/vehicles and such do you realize this game has full Modding SDK?

I would pay 20 dollars for a very good 3D editor thats more streamlined; like having easy weapon loadout customization no more init scripting that takes alot of time to use, easy to use spawn points and other functions that currently use alot of scripting and knowledge of it.

The Unit packs are nice though dont get me wrong.

Also BIS open up a damn donation center or gift shop. I want my tee-shirt been waiting for a year now! :p

For me mainly I want things already in the game more polished and refined, like the parachute mechanic, muzzle flashes, particle effects, Wound/gore modeling improvements, If this stuff could be improved and put into a DLC with some units I would be perfectly fine with that

Once again to say that has been told many times (and seemingly needed to be stated zime after time):

Different things need different skills...

Making new maps/units/3d objects/eyecandies is a different work than making new engine features -AI programming, 3d editor, advanced flight models, ect.... While the 3d artist/texturers can do new units or maps, they hardly will ever do anything to improve just the main engine. Those people who are making these things (engine improvement) got their hands full with making beta patches almost every two-three days. If the modellers have free time of their own, then it's not a problem for me if they do all the armies in the world to be represented in Arma.

Edited by Banderas

This I really dont get the reason for everyone wanting new Units, @People requesting New units/vehicles and such do you realize this game has full Modding SDK?

I would pay 20 dollars for a very good 3D editor thats more streamlined; like having easy weapon loadout customization no more init scripting that takes alot of time to use, easy to use spawn points and other functions that currently use alot of scripting and knowledge of it.

The Unit packs are nice though dont get me wrong.

Also BIS open up a damn donation center or gift shop. I want my tee-shirt been waiting for a year now! :p

For me mainly I want things already in the game more polished and refined, like the parachute mechanic, muzzle flashes, particle effects, Wound/gore modeling improvements, If this stuff could be improved and put into a DLC with some units I would be perfectly fine with that

We can only dream...:)

I don't care what anyone says, if ArmA 2/OA had REALISTIC Physics and REALISTIC dismemberment, it would make the game a HELL of a lot more immersive. I really hate the way units die and vehicles explode right now, its just so..fake...I also had dropping a GBU on a guy or see a guy walk onto an AP Mine(Unsung) and he's perfectly intact. It's just those little things that would make the game so much better. But this will never happen. :(