Sign in to follow this  
echo_2-7

DLC- What do YOU want?

I would pay for an Island based somewhere else in Chernarus besides South zagoria that has enterable buildings.

Gotta have the SAS!

Edited by Echo_2-7

At the very least BIS should release the Challenger 2 in Desert and Woodland camo and new weapons like the RPD, AKM w/GP-25, FAL non-para versions and G3 series (A3, A4 and SG1). Lastly, the iron sights on the M16A4 w/ M203 should be replaced by the Red Dot Sight on the basic M16A4.

all is already released in addons (UK mod released Chally, i released those weapons )

if BIS weapons have mistakes (Ak 107, RPK) than what do you want them to do G3 ? RPD ?

they made wrong RPK already (with receiver of AK and not existing drum magazine for 5.45) , real RPK model is in my pack

such newcomers attitude will kill addonmaker's motivation

cause many mod released their hard work, they released good realistic armies and people f* it and wanna pay for army-look-a-like (US with SCAR, Marines with XM8, Russians with 107 and not real RPK and Pecheneg9not in infantry of MoD, more Speztnatz or MVD - MoIA, and RPG18 instead of 26, no T80, in real SU34, KA50/2 are only few specimen, while more are Mi28 )

Edited by vilas

I would only pay for a FULLY FUNCTIONAL editor of course & if it came with templates examples & a couple of how to vid's would be handy too.

*EDIT* also would be cool to make it a multi-user editor over the net. I know I'm asking for a bit!

I'd like the USMC and Russians to make a return in OA, but in desert camouflage. Also the US Army in Woodland camo for use in Utes and Chernarus and the Brits in Woodland and Desert camo.

If they would simply make a DLC that provided all units in desert/woodland textures (men, vehicles, statics, aircraft, etc.) that do not already have these I would gladly pay $30 for it if it is of existing stock unit quality.

I would love to play the US Army in woodland on Chenarus and the US Marines in Takistan in desert camo, etc.

TBPH, this should have already been part of the original games once new islands were released. Throw in a winter island and winter textures for units and I would fork out the $$$.

---------- Post added at 10:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

I would only pay for a FULLY FUNCTIONAL editor of course & if it came with templates examples & a couple of how to vid's would be handy too.

The game already features the best editor in any video game and it comes in three formats - SP 2D & 3D and MP.

No offense, but learn how to use it. Simply stating "fully functional" gives the reader absolutely no indication if you are a deft expert who is only missing a thing or to to get you "there" or some noob who doesn't even know one exists.

well allow me to elaborate then.

the 3D editor is incomplete. it is unable to preform all of the functions that the 2D editor is a good example is loading existing missions into it......this is a basic thing in editors folks.FPDR

I dont think it's a big ask also if the 3D editor is finished why is it hidden?

its the best editor I have ever seen it should be up front with neon lights showing off just how awesome A2 is......unless it has bugs & is due to being incomplete.

I'm not trying to be a dick here the A2 team are a phenomenon:m: & the current editor is a great example of this:yay: just it has made me want the finished product sooooo much:D

but baring anything else I would like it to not crash every time I host a server if a saved 3D editor mission has been deleted.:computer:

falklands war DLC...... now thats something i would pay top dollar for

we have Malvinas mod as i remember , probably they will move from Arma1 to Arma2 too

(they are since OFP)

saharani revisited with more size around just water but placeable area for naval and air fight prupose

I'm nostalgic

Saharani with some new texture and clutter !!!

with coop campaign and some sp/coop mission worth all the 10 dollars!!!

I know that it's on CAA1 project but it's no more under development

Saharani offers a lot of things in one

some Island around main country, different style zone like desert and forest

we can fight in sea with frigates, make insertion from coast area... approach island of antigua and rahamadi... and a lot of different gameplay

now that we have both vehicles desert and wood we can enjoy really nice battle on Saharani !

I like to fly.... in arma environment ( It's no a flight sim but fight in air and land is much much immersive instead of all flight sim on market) see your brothers/friends in danger and help with air support is priceless... using land and air cooperation like laser designator and LGB is priceless...

some more combat planes with afterburner sonic boom and a weapon system with sligtly improved fly dinamics

ALL THE ONES in this table!!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:WFighter_his.png

you have already great winter island addons (at least two , greaaaat Sumrak work - Namals )

+ this :

http://www.armaholic.eu/vilas/scr/show8.jpg (fleece jackets and ortalion overall)

also Italian and French units are available in winter uniforms

a lot of things that people here want - are released , it's shame you not notice work of addonmakers or depreciate it (and want something less realistic with mistakes)

and want something less realistic with mistakes

Because addon makers always make the most perfect, bug free, content there is... :j:

No offence, but those islands aren't so good as BIS ones. I really appreciate their hard work without a pay, but I'm a customer and I would like to play scenarios on high quality map with many people (except ACE there is no really popular community addons/mods especially for non-coop players)

Btw: Namalsk is not really winter - like Nogova (2 snowy peaks)

those islands are sometimes better - underground object, also many atmosphere locations

denying all except ACE is bullshit , people play many mods, not only ACE exist

addonmakers would not arm Russia in AK107 and RPG18 together (one not issued yet, second phased out decade ago) forgetting about T80

but i see one thing - OFP community philosophy is no more, CoD players philosophy wins (pay and get one button ready and demand next week after and pay again)

better copy-paste with mistake or import from CS than do realistic from scratch

better buy something not so realistic than download and combine using head and hands

i looked at last DLCs - BAF look good but PMC - one helicopter is nice to have it, few men in shirt+vest would be done by addonmakers easily , new island is ... 1 buidling, 2 road fragments and few trees ??? what ? if any addonmaker would release 2 roads, 10 trees island - i can only imagine bashing and flaming it , on screens i read about new location, screens show island "afer war" and on my disc i have 2 short roads, 10 trees, 1 buidling and few wrecks on it ???? just like BAF location - desert with piece of pipeline ???

You're right the last two land-piece from BAC and PMC aren't good - I would say these are most crapy islands for Arma2 at all. But when I wrote "BIS islands" I meant Chernarus, Takistan "islands".

denying all except ACE is bullshit , people play many mods, not only ACE exist
have you opened server's list ever?
but i see one thing - OFP community philosophy is no more, CoD players philosophy wins (pay and get one button ready and demand next week after and pay again)

Did anybody say something about just winter reskins?

I would like to get winter DLC from BIS and it seems to be most popular wish in the community.

reskins ? soldiers made by some mods in winter version have warm caps, tall collar , not only summer BDU reskin to white

and by winter DLC you expect new physics, new effects ? or they will do it like other units are done, Queens Gambit , T72 with Sahrani camo, UH60 in desert tan color

copy-paste new sight on XM8/Scar/M4/AK74, add white to soldier and ...

pushing developer to release something in area of addons that can be made by community or even are made, instead of working on something huge and hard (pack of civilian cars, pack of animals, OFP islands, pack of big urban modern area, pack of some VBS vehicles...)

not white reskin of summer model in wrong west, wrong rifle and wrong launcher

BIS is great cause gave us engine, LEGO , we can build what we need using this LEGO, and later maybe in Gaya game too :)

people wishes in this topic will kill addonmaking , cause if people wanna pay for Russian with AK107, RPG18 again instead of free download proper Russian with AK74M and RPG26... than no sense to spend time for such people

DLC are CoDish, for people with small creativity

of course BIS deserve money support for years of OFP , i can even pay year-fee , but let DLC will be good, sense, not competition to addonmakers (sometimes worse in terms of keeping realism)

of DLC that enables Arma2 characters FLIR etc. or some missing things that addonmakers cannot do

i have no idea how will be with Czech Army DLC which was noticed by people some moth ago

Biz needs to make ArmA2 auto detect & activate server mods AND auto download if not present.

some of the frame work for this seems to be in place but is..... not completed yet?

the community works are great!! I too want stuff in from biz but I mostly want engine and game upgrades the DLC stuff is nice too tho.

maybe we need to have bounty placed on things like the 3D editor etc. if BI did this and released the finished product to all I'd donate via PP for my favorite.

all the old islands from OFP and ARMA... Converted and given out as a MAP PACK...

reskins ? soldiers made by some mods in winter version have warm caps, tall collar , not only summer BDU reskin to white

and by winter DLC you expect new physics, new effects ? or they will do it like other units are done, Queens Gambit , T72 with Sahrani camo, UH60 in desert tan color

copy-paste new sight on XM8/Scar/M4/AK74, add white to soldier and ...

pushing developer to release something in area of addons that can be made by community or even are made, instead of working on something huge and hard (pack of civilian cars, pack of animals, OFP islands, pack of big urban modern area, pack of some VBS vehicles...)

not white reskin of summer model in wrong west, wrong rifle and wrong launcher

BIS is great cause gave us engine, LEGO , we can build what we need using this LEGO, and later maybe in Gaya game too :)

people wishes in this topic will kill addonmaking , cause if people wanna pay for Russian with AK107, RPG18 again instead of free download proper Russian with AK74M and RPG26... than no sense to spend time for such people

DLC are CoDish, for people with small creativity

of course BIS deserve money support for years of OFP , i can even pay year-fee , but let DLC will be good, sense, not competition to addonmakers (sometimes worse in terms of keeping realism)

of DLC that enables Arma2 characters FLIR etc. or some missing things that addonmakers cannot do

i have no idea how will be with Czech Army DLC which was noticed by people some moth ago

Agreed 100%!

@BigMorgan: Post it here: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=74039&page=306 :)

The only reason I prefer DLC over addons is because of the ability to get everybody to play it.

@That guy that said ACE is the only good mod out there: I personally thing ACE is not very good at all. We all have opinions.

I like the work of addons, but a lot of times we see too many lazy ports from ArmA 1 (Improper free-look abilities, sometimes not being able to at all. Bad textures, bad models, etc)... but there are some good addons out there for sure, such as Vilas' P85, Hexagon French Units, PRACS, and more. There are also really good custom islands out there: Isla Duala, Lingor, Namalsk, Thirsk, Celle, etc. The last couple of BIS islands have been way too small to be worth anything to myself. Proving Grounds is a REALLY sweet map, I love the atmosphere of it... but it had to be 2Km squared unfortunately.

We need Map Redirect download abilities and Addon Sync in-game abilities.

@That guy that said ACE is the only good mod out there: I personally thing ACE is not very good at all. We all have opinions.
I did not say that - read it again. I was talking about popularity

For a new DLC, I also really like an opfor campaign or an ONU campaign/scenarii to change a bit. And, of course, I want a difference which justify to pay the content.

For the engine, like all of us the possibility to fire from passenger seat just miss. The possibilty to decide which faction is ennemy instead of the blue, red and neutral will be a big improvement. And finaly, better ai drivers, it is just ridiculous today.

The editor needs some update to add the 3D editor (it will be so useful to place object to see where they really are) and gui to set the modules instead of a command line.