Sign in to follow this  
echo_2-7

DLC- What do YOU want?

If there are many "I'm know BIS will create Arma3" or "Arma3 should have / should be..." then why can't I claim something different?

I want a next DLC with some new content to East side..ODKB or Chinese army an example,some new Russian units/weapons.Really want it

I want DLC which puts us back into the shoes of David Armstrong (CWC) :P lol

Please no more boring and dull campaigns.

If there are many "I'm know BIS will create Arma3" or "Arma3 should have / should be..." then why can't I claim something different?

because others are basing thier opinions with citations and you have yet to reveal a real reason other than "because I want to say it"

now back on topic.

I just want the auto DL & run of addons running on the server I connect to.

include that with a disk release of all the DLC and money will go BI's way....

I dont even care if I have to mail order the disk directly.

I would seriously pay 10 dollars for DLC pack that dedicated resources to sole improving the AI performance and behavior. I would invest in the effort focus on fixing what is one ArmA's greater attractions and yet greatest frustrations with the game.

That I would pay for. Not another SP campaign... or another Helicopter or Rifle or Uniform skin (as welcome as those things are).

I would seriously pay 10 dollars for DLC pack that dedicated resources to sole improving the AI performance and behavior. I would invest in the effort focus on fixing what is one ArmA's greater attractions and yet greatest frustrations with the game.

That I would pay for. Not another SP campaign... or another Helicopter or Rifle or Uniform skin (as welcome as those things are).

Having to pay for an engine update is rather petty IMO. I've never seen a game that you have to pay for engine updates...

I think before they even think about another DLC, I'd like to see some of those really voted up tickets on the CIT solved.

GossamerS

Agreed. They should stick to content-only DLCs, which should in turn fund core engine development.

@GossamerS:

Fully agree, keep DLCs content related only. Anything else doesn't really make sense either. Do people that wants to pay for engine updates as part of DLC (only) understand the concept of compatibility? It can't work...

Having to pay for an engine update is rather petty IMO. I've never seen a game that you have to pay for engine updates...

I think before they even think about another DLC, I'd like to see some of those really voted up tickets on the CIT solved.

GossamerS

Agreed. They should stick to content-only DLCs, which should in turn fund core engine development.

Yes. I agree... but before I see one more "mission", "car" or "gun" added to the game I'd rather see improvements to the basic elements that typically go unattended too.

The AI is one of those features and between having to pay 10 dollars for yet another generic piece of content... I'd prefer to get something like this for my 10 dollars more then anything.

Sure, I'd prefer to not have to pay for Core features like AI, but it's been 4 years since Armed Assault appeared and still common core features improvements appear under-appreciated.

ERA, vests, floating heli, animals , horse, police type actions like baton and handcufs, maybe German speaking voices for WW2 and modern units, rear-turret in plane , big urban environment where AI can drive properly and not get stacked in house (instead of turn back and turn to road) , etc)

And i want New Zelandian cyborg special forces with Barbed stranglers and siege organisms instead of tanks. Also I want giant living statue of Marneus Calgar made of L85A2, eatable ammunition for all weapons (http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs40/f/2009/011/a/c/Delicious_Judgment_by_Gannadene.jpg hell, yeah!), akimbo minguns (with rotating handle like in WWI, which you must rotate by ur balls)

My stuff is better than ur stuff! xP

Edited by 531st

Yes. I agree... but before I see one more "mission", "car" or "gun" added to the game I'd rather see improvements to the basic elements that typically go unattended too.

The AI is one of those features and between having to pay 10 dollars for yet another generic piece of content... I'd prefer to get something like this for my 10 dollars more then anything.

Sure, I'd prefer to not have to pay for Core features like AI, but it's been 4 years since Armed Assault appeared and still common core features improvements appear under-appreciated.

Well, the argument goes that the coders work on the engine and the AI while the artists work on the content. So there's no reason why the production of DLC content (and thus extra funds) should hold up AI/engine development.

If only the artists would finish/fix many of the issues with the models and such that we currently have before making new ones.

1: id like to see bigger maps, having 50km2 to play large campaigns on, and a built in standard cache system or module, including all objects threes houses etc similar way like community made unit caching works, if any player within a specified range objects are spawned, else not present, landscape is bare.

2: id like to have a module in editor that makes all building within adjustable range(preferred) or just all over the map, house versions you cannot enter(no interior), meaning hell of a less workload for the game engine.

Very usable for some missions, for others not.

3: I dont really care for any DLC´s, personally i bought them all just to support BIS to continue improve on arma2.

Id pay for any new usable map gladly(PMC map is not counted as a usable map), screw the units we have alot of exelent units addons in the community.

Great new maps for DLC will generate alot of green for BIS.

Anyways, big fan of Arma go BIS:yay:

Someone suggested Ardistan, Takistan's neighbour, in general discussion. I'd think modern Russian and Western tech would be good for them. Say, BMP 3s coupled with infantry using M4s.

Having them as OpFor, by the way.

Say, BMP 3s coupled with infantry using M4s.

Having them as OpFor, by the way.

Great, I think it's time for ANOTHER reskin army. Not like we already have the CDF, Chedaki and Takistani Army?

a lot of stuff can be produced by the community itself. I'd rather not pay for things easily modded for free. Instead I'd prefer things that can not be easily turned out by the community because of limitations or restrictions... or simply just specialized effort involved.

a lot of stuff can be produced by the community itself. I'd rather not pay for things easily modded for free. Instead I'd prefer things that can not be easily turned out by the community because of limitations or restrictions... or simply just specialized effort involved.

nice to hear voice doubling addonmakers voices

-

@Duncandg - check Italian mod, it is released for Arma2, including lot of units, vehicles, helicopters, check Pedagne mod

@Vilas

yea, most people want units cause they play public mp and not in a community. I'd also rather see more substantial engine changes. Though that would be included rather in a patch/addon than in a DLC. I think unit/campaign DLCs are the only way to finance these engine imprpvements.

Let's see what will happen in the future.

Just as a small thread-hijack, on the topic of environments, a new interview was released with the lead artist behind Proving Grounds' development.

He offers some insights into what goes into making an official map. There is also a new

which demonstrates some of the different moods possible with the new terrain.

[...] just like BAF location - desert with piece of pipeline ???

You're either trying to make a point badly or you haven't played on Shapur. ;)

Best,

RiE

@Vilas

yea, most people want units cause they play public mp and not in a community. I'd also rather see more substantial engine changes. Though that would be included rather in a patch/addon than in a DLC. I think unit/campaign DLCs are the only way to finance these engine imprpvements.

thats why i said that BIS games oposite to other are for years, not days and even year fee would be good, better than content DLC like US army using Marines equipment and Russians with wrong RPK, phased out RPG18, not issued Ak107 and DSHK on T72

engine, vehicles without engine limitations (SAR helicopter, big modern west world urban city map like US/UK/German city for police missions etc.)

Shapur ? this is island with few oil-manufactories, when transporting soldiers to location, one minute raid by M113 , it is too small too for missions when transporting infantry

OA island is good, Chernarus is good, but even Utes is too small for missions like "take squad, APC, platoon and imvade other city, call for support"

there is lack of big modern world (like US) cities for making Police/SWAT missions

Edited by vilas

If i could vote, i would pick a Mod Tool DLC including a propper 3d Editor, Visitor 4, Oxygen 3, Animation Tools, etc.

The people who needs them will gladly pay for them, because they will reduce the developement time.

All this tools are allready available by BIS and could be converted into funds :P

The community is mainly builded on Mod's, so a new enhanced Tool Selection would unleash a new way of great mods.

Oxygen 3, Animation Tools
All this tools are allready available by BIS

Are you sure? I've never heard of Oxygen 3 or any new animation tools from BI?

@DM

Nope.

But... We are using the O2 Personal Edition, so there has to be a Professional Edition with more Features. Lets say they did some work there, and some work there. I think to assume that this version could be called O3 is fair?!

I know BIS works mainly with Motion Capturing, but even those animation are just raw files and I believe even those animaion has to be edited to fit the models, so there has to be an "Animation Suite", even if its included in the "Oxygen 3" ;)

I think we could agree that Visitor 4 and the 3d editor are the most wanted products? O2 can be replaced with 3dsMax/Blender and animation can be done too (with a lot of Try/Error).

Sorry for getting your hopes high :D