Sign in to follow this  
echo_2-7

DLC- What do YOU want?

I would like to see a campaign similar to OFP:Resistance, where you have limited weaponry and manpower, have to scavenge anything you can, hide in the woods and launch guerilla attacks on enemy installations, raid enemy supply lines etc.

Ideally the gameplay should be almost entirely dynamic and non-linear, giving the player a number of choices in order to influence the events that occur. For example:

• Initially, when the player joins the "rebellion" it is lead by someone else. But if the leader dies at some point (possibly because the player decides to kill him ;)), the player is given the option of becoming the leader. If he declines, someone else will take over and the player won't be forced to command any units.
  • The leader (be it the player or not) always has a number of choices to pick from for the next mission. For example if supplies are running low, you may want to raid an enemy supply convoy first instead of launching an attack on that mountain base of theirs. (If the leader is AI, he would obviously make these decisions himself.)
  • When an AI member of the team dies, even if it is the leader, the mission does not end. Instead the player must basically decide whether he wants to finish the mission with a dimished amount of manpower, because obviously it could make the next mission much harder.
  • It could also be possible to try and recruit new people from villages, although there would always be the danger of someone "pro-government" in the village tipping off the military and you having to make a run for it.

I will suggest a Korean People's Army (KPA) for next DLC ...

I suggest an amphibious warfare type DLC

A nice selection of boats and amphibious craft (for US,RU,BAF&PMC), with a map to match would be great. I was thinking an African or Asian region (much like Icebreakr's Duala & Lingor) with an island chain or river delta. Perhaps even a Somali Pirate scenario with a pirate base (hostage rescue etc).

This would give BIS a reason to maybe touch up the LHD too! I think a theme like this could encompass all Arma2 stuff nicely.

Ahhh, but we can only dream ;)

Perhaps even a Somali Pirate scenario with a pirate base

Do you have any idea how long I've wanted this? That'd be a killer DLC! Please BIS...

SouthPark2.jpg

tfp.jpg

CUTHktI8kJA

Edited by AnimalMother92

Yarrr, I be dreamin' 'bout tha' yun since them scurvy scallywags hailin' from Somaliaarrrrr started makin' waves with those hijackin's. They be worthy pirates yarrr.

yes, boarding ships by spec-ops, pirates - yes, such thing would be nice

if AI would board ship , it could be good and if close-quater (ship) AI would fight

Yeah, that would be very cool! However, I think BIS would have too much work on their hands for that to work properly.

As well as Somali pirates, I was thinking about Nigerian pirates operating in the Niger Delta - they are more gangs than pirates but armed robbers/hijackers on boats is pirate enough for me.

I think the pirate scenario would have to focus on an island(s) with a pirate stronghold with assault coming from an LHD/submarine.

As far as DLC goes, a pirate theme with a map and a selection of new units. That would be worth every penny. I hope you're reading this BIS. ;)

My wishlist...

ZERO: We all know that a full-scale war between superpowers is impossible without nuclear strikes first. So it would be great to have a very large island of wasteland (something like the new map in PMC DLC, but ten-fifteen times bigger) with ruined cities, burned trees and so on. Will be suitable for WW3 scenarios.

And the smaller things:

1. The good thing about OFP:DR were full animations of deploying AT launchers. Would be great to have the same in Arma2. I wish we also had full animations of entering(exiting) vehicles.

2. Arma2 vanilla units, weapons and vehicles upgraded to OA standarts (backpacks, thermal maps, flashlights, lasers and so on). I'm even ready to pay 10$ for that upgrade with a new campaigne.

3. I dream of AK74m in all possible variants, (standart sights, PSO, Cobra, GL, flashlight).

4. More russian weapons: AK-9, OC-14, AC "VAL", SVU.

5. China army DLC. (BIS, think about how many people there are in China!!!)

6. More civilian and mercenary units with configurable amunition parts.

The last and IMPORTANT: More separated words in character speech to build radio dialogs.

Words like: we, need(s), have(s), been, got, was, were, with, your, you, or, are, the, them, a, an, also, today, yesterday, hour(s), day(s), week(s), secure(d), cover, infiltrate(d), troops, unit(s), squad(s), reported(ing), change(d), moving, sight(ed), sitrep, evacuate(d), rescue(d), fallback, use(d), infiltrate, landing, zone, attacked(ing), capture(d), regroup(ed), wounded, casualties, area(s), checkpoint, camp(s), hideout(s), prisoner(s), hostage(s), militant(s), rebel(s), patrol(s), search(ed), find(found), destroy(ed), new, primary, secondary, objective(s), complete(d), unable, request(ing), permission, help, assistance, transmit(ed), send(t), sending, accomplish(ed), eliminate(d) and many more - should be available in game's vocabulary for all voices. This will allow missionmakers to create dialogs without messing with microphones. :-)

Something like:

"Alpha one, this is HQ. Your primary objective is to destroy enemy AA-vehicles at grid 043034. Also, search the area for enemy hideouts. Over."

or

"HQ, this is Alpha One. Enemy armor spotted, requesting permission to use Javelin launcher. Do you copy?"

Dreams, dreams.... :-)

Edited by sudden

3. I dream of AK74m in all possible variants, (standart sights, PSO, Cobra, GL, flashlight).

4. More russian weapons: AK-9, OC-14, AC "VAL", SVU.

all available in my one single addon pack since some months

list looks like this:

SKS , APS, MP443, RPG16 RPG7V_PGO , RPG7D_PGO, RPG2, RPO_A, :RPG22, RPG26,

PKP, PK , PKM_NSPU2, _VSS_PSO, VSS_NSPU2, VAL , VAL_Cobra, VAL_NSPU3,

Zastava M70 , Albanian ASh-82; Hungarian AMD-65and AMD-63 ;

Romanian = PMi; East German_MPi :

different series of AK-47

AKMS, AKMS silenced , AKM , AKM :, _AKM_GL :

SR3_Vikhr : 9a91 , 9a91_c ,9a91_csd : Groza in different variants, SVU_A : Abakan, Abakan_1P29 :

AK 101, 103, 105, 107, 74, 74M, S74 with 5 different scopes (PSO, 1P29, Kobra, PK-A , NSPU2, NSPU3) and grenadelaunchers GP25 or GP30 (even AK74 in plastic furniture made since 1986)

AEK-971; AEK-973 ; from different series with different scopes

different RPK and RPK74, RPK74M , RPD, SVD_S, SVD_M with different scopes, SVDK , SV_98 is just in one addon

I thought PMC was a bit useless as DLC, so didn't purchase it, but I did buy BAF because it added a huge number of new items to the game which were very high quality.

The next DLC to come out that I will purchase would have to include:

- A map that is a decent size with considerable FPS, Shapur is a nice map but way too small to do much with, same for the new one which doesn't have many features to the map. BIS is being outdone by community members which release their maps for free, so it would have to be something special to be worthwhile.

- Modelled AH64-D radar / target catergorizer for target location and prioritization.

- Selection of TANKS from different classes (Leopard 2 / Challenger 2 ).

- INTERNAL modelled for EXISTING vehicles, not sure why this was never done in the first place, ruins the game staring at a black internal.

I can imagine this is a lot to ask for though!

Edited by rexehuk

all available in my one single addon pack since some months

list looks like this:

SKS , APS, MP443, RPG16 RPG7V_PGO , RPG7D_PGO, RPG2, RPO_A, :RPG22, RPG26,

PKP, PK , PKM_NSPU2, _VSS_PSO, VSS_NSPU2, VAL , VAL_Cobra, VAL_NSPU3,

Zastava M70 , Albanian ASh-82; Hungarian AMD-65and AMD-63 ;

Romanian = PMi; East German_MPi :

different series of AK-47

AKMS, AKMS silenced , AKM , AKM :, _AKM_GL :

SR3_Vikhr : 9a91 , 9a91_c ,9a91_csd : Groza in different variants, SVU_A : Abakan, Abakan_1P29 :

AK 101, 103, 105, 107, 74, 74M, S74 with 5 different scopes (PSO, 1P29, Kobra, PK-A , NSPU2, NSPU3) and grenadelaunchers GP25 or GP30 (even AK74 in plastic furniture made since 1986)

AEK-971; AEK-973 ; from different series with different scopes

different RPK and RPK74, RPK74M , RPD, SVD_S, SVD_M with different scopes, SVDK , SV_98 is just in one addon

Of course, I'm aware of that cool weapons pack of yours, mate! :-)) But if BIS are going to upgrade Russian army in forthcoming DLCs (and I hope they are), why shouldn't they make some new addons. ;-)

why shouldn't they make some new addons. ;-)

to not waste time that could be spend on:

- engine fixing, engine limits fixing (look, you can't have Mi14, you can't have muzzle flash for autocanon like BRDM/BTR60 14.5mm and 7.62 together, maybe working bulletproof vests, maybe ERA ??? Shtora, it is 10 years since OFP, and you still have not bulletproof vest and no helmet and no ERA , maybe this should be a DLC that changes vanila and OA units and gives possibility to addonmaker to copy this and do own country with vest and helmet that protect oposite to soldier without vest )

- new big urban modern island

- animals and maybe more complicated in shape vehicles

- navy etc.

doing the same what is done by addonmaker - but with mistakes (compare real RPK, my RPK and BIS RPK with not real drum mag, wrong receiver from AK, look at AK107 details, look at AKS47 receiver which is AK and AKMS composition) will be disaster

cause "realistic" addon will be replaced by "mistaken" (for example this RPK with completely wrong receiver and magazine)

you will get from "official DLC" such things as wrong receiver, wrong magazine, wrong scope etc.

the thing you would call "fantasy about rifle" not "model of rifle"

remember Arma1 ? do they cared that AKS74U had 7.62 silencer for AKM ?

only in Arma2 we have finally 5.45 silencer

but RPK is in fact AK74 + long barrel + fictional drum that not exist

do you want not real rifle variant (which now you can download realistic with the same quality in graphics as default) or navy, lot of animals, big urban terrain, or possibility to have SAR helicopter like Mi14 or vest that protect soldier and ERA that protect tank ? you still even don't have realistically behaving EOT colimator as i suppose

time can be spend better by developer (which has knowledge) than on making model of rifle or soldier , some things are too complicated for addonmaker (or at least for 90% of them) , so i would more vote on big urban island with new modern buildings, or pack of airforces (mostly due to complicated HUD, dashboard etc., landing on water or good cooperation to land on craft), navy with features (better cooperation with helicopters, torpedos, some more things) , than rifle or soldier (which in fact can be done easily )

is there possibility for addonmaker to make soldier with vest, or really real simulation of ERA (gameplay mods try to fix issue, but engine limitations and damage structure is like it is )

big interesting campaign could be good if it would be like OFP campaign

etc.

but doubling content (mostly with some not-real details) is questionable if it would look like Arma1 AKS74UB or Arma2 RPK, AK107

you still have no engine with magazine proxy for weapon - it is also problem when you have different magazines for rifle, C-mag as example, you can use it for some rifles, do they all look like using Cmag ?

soldiers hand bolt animation for rifles like M24 should be in engine automatic , it would be awesome for all WW1/WW2 mods , still not present in engine

engine has a lot of things that can be DLC instead of easy rifles

Edited by vilas

Most probably developers working on engine, AI does not work on content (units, islands etc). It's usually different set of skills - on one hand deep low level programming and optimization skills and on the other hand artist-like skills able to create solid and high quality entities on top of existing interface of RV.

So the time spending on creating new units / islands doesn't decrease time spending on core of the game.

Look at theBIS' job advertisement. Requirements for content creators do not include something like "deep c++ skills"

2vilas,

You are right, mate, but It's all too complicated. Don't forget that Arma2 is just a game. Interesting and exciting gameplay is the first thing that matters. For sure we all dream of an ideal military simulator with lots of options, but excitement ends at the moment you have to press three buttons to exit a car (open the door, step outside, close the door) and get killed in the process, cause you don't have enough fingers. Some things should be kept simple to concentrate attention on the game itself.

To create an AK74m you have just to retexture wood parts of AK74 from Arma2 using black plastic tex. I suppose it's a five-ten minutes job for a professional who has the original model.

gameplay won't be harm if vest and ERA will function ;) it will be more fun to rescue from water using SAR helicopter in pirate-missions and hostage rescue

but you won't get better engine without limits - getting another scope or another camo on existing model , you'd faster get RPK-like fiction AK with not used yet AK107 + phased out in late 80s, early 90s RPG18 (probably not issued to troops since 20 years)

you would have more fun when MP server owners would use some addons and when you could be shooting in rear of turret to avoid ERA block and think use HEAT or SABOT and when flamethrower would clean building without damaging it and when grenade won't hurt you through the wall

and when AI will use HEAT or HE and when it move properly in street , in building

not like see through wall or stacked for hour car in city

tell me what fun do you have when your patrol stacked at one building crossing city ???

and instead of take back, one car only tries to move through block/house

in Arma1 they were pushing each other from road - it was "fun" when i made SP mission with convoy and 25% of units were stuck and upside down thrown by own tank in column

now on road they move better, but city + convoi or city + 2 police patrols = stuck and stay only trying to move front, not backward and turn

even healing is problem in Arma2 - lack of option like in OFP and Arma1

i die bleeding, 2 doctors from other team near me and i cannot be healed, cause i cannot order them unless they are not my soldiers but from other team/squad

after some patch my own ambulance doesn't work cause healing disappeared when i approach to vehicle

engine need changes and improvements than DLC of rifle and camo on vehicles

Arma3 without current limits, with good CQB AI movement, with better penetration, vests, era, flames, floating with light armament (like MP5) would be awsome :] not another camo on vehicle, another scope put to previous rifle, but with magazine limitation (C mag as example)

Edited by vilas

That's enlighten me!

Since OFP, BIS has created a games that are mod friendly, making dev suites, and more.

Maybe next DLC shouldn't add some thing direct but should improve engine with new features, modules, physics and AI.

Making the game even more mod-able, since there is no other game, and studio that follows the way of community.

they should improve engine while Wee addon makers will use it co create new more exciting addons and make the game to live longer than any other title because every one will including my self will think "oh new DLC new features i am wondering what Vilas or RHS will do with them".

Addons for everyone!

Viva la addonlution!

new when new feature appears we have bug reports about missing textures or twisted hands/arms and soldiers that look like cosmic ghost

and still have no idea how to make/use backpack etc. from guessing some of us know how to make laser working on gun

lack of addonmaking support is what annoys me, new patch sometimes means troubles with addons

but it is offtopic in regard of DLC

but new features DLC aka Arma 2.5 would be suuuper (ERA, vests, floating heli, animals , horse, police type actions like baton and handcufs, maybe German speaking voices for WW2 and modern units, rear-turret in plane , big urban environment where AI can drive properly and not get stacked in house (instead of turn back and turn to road) , etc)

The main feature of the game is an illusion you can create something different in that OPENED game world, but after thousand attempts you realize that you really can't because of the game restrictions, bugs and stupid AI. Any mission that goes further than just placing groups and waypoints in editor takes just abnormal time to create, because script language is buggy, commands don't work as they were intented and so on. It's just an illusion, not a real thing, and "Arma3 without limits" is also an illusion. More features you add, more bugs you have in return.

thats why mostly fielded mechnized infantry SP mission is sollution

even old good OFP "sneak into enemy base" is impossible when your teammate would never keep gun off, he will fire seeing enemy no matter you ordered not-fire and could sneak not detected, team mate will harm mission, not help

you will die surrounded by 10 friendly medic units and noone will heal you... i know, even SP mission in which you would be desanted from boat - you will loose MP5SD, AI will crash helicopters (as i look in past, OFP AI was better drving air vehicles)

but release of "doubled community content but with mistakes and glossy RVMAT like army was painting vehicles metallic instead of matte dye" is not solution too

Edited by vilas

How about no DLC and just optimizing Dedicated Servers and providing a way for missions to be downloaded using redirect servers (we've been told it can be done) and a way for addon syncing while connecting to a server?

The problem in coding AI in arma is the terrain, even in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

where you have large maps the most of anims like flip over box are only

used in large codded battles, the random units will not use them cause

they need a so called SmartTerain those are rigged to AI and map paths

of movement.

Actually to make that for all units and for ArmA it would mean to code

every obstacle in game, (every box, house, tree, rock, 360* direction,

actions, anims, on every map, and thats only the beginning), none game

is ready to handle this yet.

However, who remember first look of Wolfenstein 3D, that it was fantastic

and in that time, who would even believe that some thing like ArmA2

will ever be possible?..! thats why even if not now and not in next DLC,

BIS should focus in moving ArmA3 to new era of gaming. I know! Its

easy to say but very hard to do.

As for me. i thing that (thats only my thoughts) Due to capabilities of

GSC XR-engine and BIS VR-engine, GSC and BIS (+ maybe some other

companies) should work together to create one powerful engine (but

that will never happen of course because 3 most anti dev reasons, 1.we

wil make it shining and exploding, for casuals, to make big money 2.you

want to use it! PAY ME! 3.no we wont need that)

There will be no Arma3.

Arma2 wasn't huge success, hence DLCs and patches are the last military stuff we'll get from BIS

There will be no Arma3.

Arma2 wasn't huge success, hence DLCs and patches are the last military stuff we'll get from BIS

Mmm...you know a lot of things that we don't :confused:

There will be no Arma3.

lulwut? ಠ_ರೃ

Combined Ops has been doing pretty well on Steam at least.