Sign in to follow this  
echo_2-7

DLC- What do YOU want?

I'm biased, but French units + Africa Map could be very nice...

That's what I was thinking. I know yall've done alot of work there.

Australian Defence Force (There are already a few mods/addons but they arn't BI's standard -no offence to the makers)

A big-ass Korean Penisula Pack!

Complete with units, vehicles, islands, campaign, single missions, and the opportunity to play as Kim Jong Il in a last desperate attempt to unify Korea!

I would pay up to £1.50 for a pack of this scale! (jk)

Seriously, I would love BIS forever if they did this.

Actually the c-17 has a very good use. If you could assault an airbase with airborne troops to secure a landing site then you can use the c-17 to airlift armour. C-130 can't quite manage an m1 :)

True and although we can sling load it on the CH-47 it's obviously not realistic since it is considerably over the CH-47's lifting capacity.

Stamina is one of the many things I do not want included in Arma 2 by default. How Arma 2 does it already is perfectly acceptable, and in my opinion ACE2's is kinda overdone...

Agreed, the ACE stamina system is the biggest crock I've seen in the game so far, please DO NOT implement it, it's very unrealistic, there are people on "The Biggest Loser" that can run farther than that system allows without near the dramatic effects, I mean seriously, a soldier is going to run six city blocks and passout on the ground, I call B.S.

Edited by callihn

True and although we can sling load it on the CH-47 it's obviously not realistic since it is considerably over the CH-47's lifting capacity.

Wrong. We can't sling load, it's not a game feature. Scripted solutions in vanilla game (no addon, like Domination etc) tends to be quite unrealistic in order to be more convenient. It's not in my version though ;) If sling load was ever implemented, I would hope for fully realistic based on weights. It should also affect handling.

The C-17 requires a 2316m runway lenght at MTOW (how much fuel an you have when lifting an M1?). Runway lenghts in Takistan are 850m and 1200m. Puts things into perspective. The C-17 is not a good plane alternative. A heavy lifter chopper would be a better alternative, although it wouldn't lift any tanks obviously. I believe C-17s are used to transport tanks over great distances, not to airdrop them at a distance that could be reached with 10 minutes of driving.

Even the C-130 would irl have problems at MTOW with one of the runways.

Agreed, the ACE stamina system is the biggest crock I've seen in the game so far, please DO NOT implement it, it's very unrealistic, there are people on "The Biggest Loser" that can run farther than that system allows without near the dramatic effects, I mean seriously, a soldier is going to run six city blocks and passout on the ground, I call B.S.

The ACE stamina system is what it is because the engine doesn't support it. I'm sure that if weight and stamina was included it would be done in another way. Other than when trying, I've never had problems because of ACE stamina. ACE allows you to pack unrealistically, and punishes you if you do. Learn to pack realistically or team up when operating heavy equipment (such as M240). Irl there are three guys on each M240 (in some units only two). More than 2-300 rounds for the gunner puts him well above normal loads. He has 100 rounds in the gun, and 200 rounds in his assault pack, and none in his main rucksack. So when you pass out, how realistic did you pack your bag? You can read more about this here.

Page 29 and a few pages onwards:

Machine gunner: 100 in gun, 200 in assault pack.

Assistant gunner: 400 in assault pack + tripod + T&E mechanism + Binoculars.

Ammo bearer: 300 in assault pack + spare barrel + specials (M14, AT etc).

So that's three guys to carry 800 rounds. Vanilla Arma machinegunner is equipped with 500 rounds!

This is the "bible" I use when setting up and equipping my platoon in my mission. I may deviate from own plan to suit the mission, and be rounder and more generous than real life (especially back in the base), but out in the field it shows the reasons why I'm not giving out tons and tons of ammunition per ammo drop. You can get it, but it's on a time limit to help reduce the ridiculousness.

If implemented, I'm hoping for a gradual decrease in speeds in everything you do, from denial of running, slower walks, and even reloads taking longer times. Passing the magic weight marker would prevent you from ever running in the first place. Passing out might be too much, but having passed out irl from exhaustion myself, I know it's fully possible.

Then again, I'm also fine with the current restrictions on denying packs if you carry certain weapons. Although I want them (like everybody else), it's hard to come up with a reasonable restrictive system. I think the ACE system is fairly good, but from what I see 90% of the players pack way too heavy, and complain like mad when they get punished for it. ACE is supposed to resemble realism, not just make us uber soldiers.

Well, a quick (Free DLC AKA Patch like the one that gave EW) would be reskins of units as Desert Marines/Russians with a mini campaign like BAF had. Adds nothing new, just reskins of existing units that wouldn't take long at all. Maybe also a small map like Shaphur for the mini-conflict to take place.

But for larger paid DLC (BAF IMO was good but worth more 5 then 10 dollars) would be a new island (Larger then what BAF gave) with a new faction/units entirely with a new story that plays along with the existing campaign. But then again people would argue a expansion which would most likely end up being with the ideas that I've seen.

Mod makers out there have made quite a few weapon addons, vehicle addons, and even faction addons, island addons, and they're all -really- good. And *Drum rolls* FREE! But for a DLC all I can really see is small things like reskins of existing units/new faction like a new Taki-Gov thats BLUFOR/INDFOR to simulate after OA with different gear (New weapons/uniforms/vehicles). But thats me.

And I agree with CarlGustaffa about the ACE2 stamina. It's to keep people from loading with a M16, M107 plus 1k rounds for each plus grenades to do your one man army things. It's to push teamwork and tactics. At least thats what I read into it. If BIS were to try it, I'm sure they'll find a different way to do it like they did the backpacks. To keep you from going un-realistic with your weapons. *shrugs* My two cents!

I'd wager that the ACE 'soldier' is healthier than you.

Consider that the soldier is wearing full combat gear, not shorts and a tee shirt. Interceptor vests are 15kg alone

Then add on to that holding a primary weapon; aside from the weight they're unwieldy and definitely add a load when running.

Add on top of this all of the other gear that the soldier is carrying, to the tune of around 35kg on a 'mid-light' setup. I'd be knackered too

Edited by DaveP

Not to mention Arma2 soldiers run at olympic speeds. ^^

edit: "I'm biased, but French units + Africa Map could be very nice... "

I'd guess they need to get the surrendering module working first.

-k

edit: "I'm biased, but French units + Africa Map could be very nice... "

I'd guess they need to get the surrendering module working first.

-k

Ha ha. :j: That old joke is totally played.

Regarding WW2, the surrendering of France to the Axis had nothing to do with the bravery of individuals combatants. Also, the Resistance fought as bravely as any soldiers in the war. They sure as shit helped my grandfather after his plane was shot down over occupied territory. He has told me the stories of people who risked their lives to help him return to Allied lines.

Surrender module

Obviously I was referring the the enemies of the mighty French forces whom could only cower in terror in the face of superior French weaponry, tactics and well gelled hair.

-k

Surrender module

Obviously I was referring the the enemies of the mighty French forces whom could only cower in terror in the face of superior French weaponry, tactics and well gelled hair.

-k

:D Of course you were.

I want them to change the turret for the FV510 seeing as BAE systems did not win the contract for the Warrior Fightability and Lethality Improvement Programme (WFLIP). General Dynamics won the contract instead.

It may cause some problems, but I'd really like a modern Afghanistan DLC pack, perhaps a couple of maps representing the lush green zones, the more desert like areas (similar to Takistan) and of course the mountainous regions. Units could include official BIS desert Marines (Since we already have ACU Army from OA), Army Rangers, Afghan Nation Army, Taliban and Al Qeuda and a good realistic campaign perhaps from the view point of each faction.

I'd love that if it would be possible.

you know, lately i've been wanting to start a thread with another bs dlc idea. but i've thought better of myself, and i'd probably end up getting an infraction for spamming, when everyone else doesn't :/ strange right? oh well, can't complain. story of my life.

The next DLC I would like to see is the IDF (Israel Defense). Fictional world that has Nediterranean sea off shore, including four small non-proportionate "fictional" territories: Northern Esrael, Webanon, Balistine, and Cyria.

modularity of weapons as seen in the ASC mod.

instead of 800 variations of each weapon, one weapon and you're able to attach whatever you want to it.

That and large scale urban maps, but that's already been discussed.

more graphics settings to tweak.
Working 3D editor
Firing from Vehicles

Aussie troops and vehicles please!

I have a funny feeling...

I would love the Russians to have a bigger part and updated stuff.
Campaigns with meaning and story (like EW, Red Hammer, Cold War).

All of these.

I suggest a worthy remake of OFP's campaign's... Cold War, Red Hammer and Resistance...

would go down a treat in the community for the new but mostly the old...er fans. Release them one at a time fa extra dosh (funding for even better DLC's)... cause I'm sure no one not many ppl will complain.

Also now that FLIR (thermal imaging) ruins the style of sneak/saboteur I'd like some heavily forested/jungle islands please... please.

Edited by 76

Cold War Rearmed 2 is remaking Cold War Crisis and Resistance in Arma 2. The biggest problem is the terms that still stand between BIS and Codemasters regarding all of the original OFPs.

I most want more campaigns for each game, so another Arma 2 campaign featuring marines, regular marines rather than force recon. Another OA campaign possibly a pilot campaign, flying choppers for the US army and another Brit campaign for BAF maybe an SAS campaign.

Basically I want more missions which don’t need to download any add-ons for unless BIS includes them with the DLC. I would hope the above would be free and only charge for DLC which adds new units.

I know there are missions available through the community but they usually aren’t as polished as the BIS stuff and need loads of add-ons which I don’t want to have to look around for, I already spend enough time not playing the game trying to tweak the graphics, to want to spend more time searching for missions/units to install.

I think some forces that would have mass appeal would be;

French - they have lots of unique vehicles to add variety

German - they have lots of equipment used by other countries so it would be easy to retexture for the mod community

Australian - the Aussies have been very active in the war on terrorism and have a large Arma community

Canadian - same reason as the Australians

China - for something completely different, asian faces, different weapons and camo, different superpower to build campaigns around

Asian Guerillas - a generic guerilla army simular to Viet-Cong, Khemer Rouge, Tamil Tigers, any number of them to open the door to various hot spots world wide.

Also some maps to represent African bush wars terrain, jungle (there are good community maps but an official jungle map would be nice)

I agree with you :)

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

for the sake of gameplay... add more useful stuff to Opfor... maybe a CIS Contingency on Opfor with desert/woodland skins.

I hate the amount of people always wanting bluefor around here.

I suggest a worthy remake of OFP's campaign's... Cold War, Red Hammer and Resistance...

would go down a treat in the community for the new but mostly the old...er fans. Release them one at a time fa extra dosh (funding for even better DLC's)... cause I'm sure no one not many ppl will complain.

Definitely, these were the best campaigns of the series, I'd love to a see redux in Arma II

Perhaps a Sahrani Island, updated for ArmA II? Shouldn't be too hard and probably could be included free in a patch. Maybe even with SLA/RACS units.

Cold War Rearmed 2 is remaking Cold War Crisis and Resistance in Arma 2. The biggest problem is the terms that still stand between BIS and Codemasters regarding all of the original OFPs.

I don't think it would be a big problem. After all, BIS did officially help create the Cold War mod for ArmA 1.

But as you saw they could only use the OFP: Elite voices and missions, which were in many, many ways different to the original OFP.