Sign in to follow this  
echo_2-7

DLC- What do YOU want?

I'm not much of a SP campaign fan, why don't we "pay" for new units & islands, while stories (coop or tvt) and missions are done by a community? ;)

I think the perfect idea for a new DLC concept would be North Korea, or at least a faction based on North Korea. It seems like the logical choice really. They've done Europe and the Middle East, now Asia needs a platform on ARMA2. Plus it would be taking ARMA2 back to it's flashpoint routes, and nuclear war. After all...once you see the flash...it's already too late!

North-korea-army.jpg

northkorea.jpg

kpa-uniform-changes-2010-7-14.jpg

2004test.jpg

Edited by Sky999

I'm not much of a SP campaign fan, why don't we "pay" for new units & islands, while stories (coop or tvt) and missions are done by a community? ;)

It's the kit we all want really, but I think packs sell better when they've got mission content too. Same goes for community mods. It's always nice to have things showcased by the makers, and it's a good excuse to tell a story.

@Sky999: Ref the last image, I wouldn't enjoy fighting in a place as flat as that.

That isn't North Korea, I think if that picture was....we probably wouldn't be here. :p

I just used a generic picture of some missiles. Don't take that picture as representing the terrain of North Korea. :o

My fault. I should have pointed that out.

What about the idea of North Korea though? Do you think it's good?

Well, I like authenticity. Means native language instead of weird english. But most of the languages from over there sounds terrible :D No offense, that's just me. I can handle some russian in small dosages, but even then I have a hard time picking them to play with. Korea, China, Thai, Japanese (any of those countries) etc I probably couldn't stand to play. If more are like me (and I know a couple), or rather, if too many are like me - what purpose does an opfor have which few wants to play because they talk funny? I know absolutely nothing about the topology of Korea to know if I would like a map from there. As for missiles, we already have SCUD ballistic missile, rocket artillery, and (if scripted) cruise missiles (A2 content? Not sure). So it wouldn't add anything.

But, I abstain from voting, as my vote doesn't matter. I'm really not into DLCs (haven't even got myself horse armor yet :D). And frankly, the stuff I want doesn't fit in a DLC.

Well, I like authenticity. Means native language instead of weird english. But most of the languages from over there sounds terrible :D No offense, that's just me. I can handle some russian in small dosages, but even then I have a hard time picking them to play with. Korea, China, Thai, Japanese (any of those countries) etc I probably couldn't stand to play. If more are like me (and I know a couple), or rather, if too many are like me - what purpose does an opfor have which few wants to play because they talk funny? ...

Difference of opinion here. I really like playing as non-English units, mostly because the English sounds so weird and halting in Arma. At least the Russian sounds convincing to me because I don't know how its supposed to sound. Thankfully, I finally found a mod that give you a null voice to choose for your soldier so I don't have to hear his telephone-menu-sounding voice all day.

But, I abstain from voting, as my vote doesn't matter. I'm really not into DLCs (haven't even got myself horse armor yet :D). And frankly, the stuff I want doesn't fit in a DLC.

Heh heh.... Horse armor... :p I actually have that because it came in the "Knights of the Nine" pack, but I refused to install that portion.

How about a map that has a level of detail such that you can play on 10k viewdistance with 60 fps even on mediocre computers, utes has this but it's basically all water.

And I don't know what causes the artifacts at high range next to water or on buildings on my pc, probably some shader gone wrong, could live without that too.

northkorea.jpg

I think Kim Jong Il has been playing too much call of duty, those generals have got a ridiculous amount of bling pinned on them, do they unlock an achievement every time they get a kill streak or something?

But yeah OT...

I's like to see some more large islands/maps, as a warfare player i found shapur pretty dissapointing, im thinking something with a huge river or a canyon with sheer cliffs on either side running through the middle with a bridge or 2, or at least something with a big strategical feature on it to focus the fighting a bit would be cool.

why isn't British Armed Forces for free? Patch 1.54 contains whole content but in primitive graphics. One new faction can be free and not for money

why isn't British Armed Forces for free? Patch 1.54 contains whole content but in primitive graphics. One new faction can be free and not for money

FPDR

Miss the point much?

I'd like a new BIS scenarios, like 1 new with an game update or something. and a new unit now and than.

and I'd like to get the new ION.inc DLC to come out on a disc togather with the BAF DLC.

I dont have fast internet!

And why shouldnt BIS get paid for their work????

FPDR

What about the idea of North Korea though? Do you think it's good?

Well, I guess you have my vote!

BTW, since OFP BIS already done such a faction in Armed Assault (ArmA1) - It was called "North Sahrani" and this faction was clearly based in North Korea.

Speaking about Sahrani, what I would like to see in a future DLC is a Sahrani island remake, with fully enterably buildings (most buildings enterable) and of course with its factions. IMO, Sahrani was the best map that BIS ever made in their game series, because:

- It modeled 2 diferent countries in a rather believable way (every other map in OFP, ArmA and ArmA2 only models 1 country)

- It had a diferent and varied kind of landscapes, ranging from deserts, tropical landscapes, forests and mountain areas all packed in a believable way - This map was IMO, a trully masterpiece! Don't get me wrong, I really like very much the current maps in OA (Takistan and Zargabad - but I didn't like Chernarus much, BTW) but Sahrani gave for mission editors a much wider range of mission types since it has 2 countries and sea areas (it allows for example: landing in a beach mission types).

- The biggest drawback in ArmA1 was its campaign because it was crappy and also didn't allow co-op gameplay a thing that a DLC (that I'm suggesting) could "solve".

Well, my 2 cents...

I like the North Korea idea. Especially with a North Korea Map, with many canyons.

Considering vehicles, each DLCs consists of 1-3 vehicles, what vehicles would you like to come with a North Korea pack? Whats "represantative" for the North Korean Army?

And please nothing whats already ingame, no T-34s and no T-55s.

with the amount of bling on those generals I suspect they have more armour than a tank!

Probably been mentioned in here somewheres, but i'd certainly pay for a DLC Single player ragdoll and/or enhanced physics addon mod. Arguments against it have generally been MP incompatabilites but us SP'ers would love to burn some GPU power on this. Just the lulz videos that ragdoll could create in the ol' Armaverse would be well worth the ticket.

Edited by froggyluv

I'm against ragdoll in general. Mostly because it would take too much effort compared to what we get, and I fear synchronization of the effect is lost. If it was in, and worked, I probably wouldn't object to it.

However, getting ragdoll for DLCs only makes absolutely no sense. I could go on and on, but instead I'll suggest thinking a little more on the consequences of such a request. Having been around for a while, and being quite active, I would expect a little more understanding on how the system works. :o

Downloadable Content... Not extreme engine upgrades that only affects those with the DLC.

I'm against ragdoll in general. Mostly because it would take too much effort compared to what we get, and I fear synchronization of the effect is lost. If it was in, and worked, I probably wouldn't object to it.

However, getting ragdoll for DLCs only makes absolutely no sense. I could go on and on, but instead I'll suggest thinking a little more on the consequences of such a request. Having been around for a while, and being quite active, I would expect a little more understanding on how the system works. :o

Downloadable Content... Not extreme engine upgrades that only affects those with the DLC.

You don't like it, I do. Personally I find the entire experience of shooting an enemy soldier quite flat and unsatisfying with the oft-missing stun animation reaction, corpses stiffly hanging from impossible positions, unending animation sequences -all that take away the feeling and vital immersive illusion of real firepower being used.

Synchronization? That sounds MP related and I'm sure you read my post :rolleyes:

Do you really consider it an extreme engine upgrade? I don't know, Mount and Blade offered it via a patch one day an it's totally up to the user whether he wants to enable it or not. A few other games (Battleground Europe maybe?) have done the same.

Of course many have asked for it before but the general reply has always been -won't work in MP properly, hence: not worth the time and cost. Thats exactly why I'd like to see it offered via DL(?) to the many SP'er who do think it's very worthwhile and all the while letting BIS be compensated for our little niche segment of the population.

The point is, whether you call it an addon or content, I and many others would probably pay for it. Sorry if it offended your sense of my place on these forums, but it is exactly that, a suggestions thread and I've offered mine.

Edited by froggyluv

I'd kinda like to see a Desert Storm or Operation Gothic Serpent DLC

Edited by WackyIraqi

You don't like it, I do. Personally I find the entire experience of shooting an enemy soldier quite flat and unsatisfying with the oft-missing stun animation reaction, corpses stiffly hanging from impossible positions, unending animation sequences -all that take away the feeling and vital immersive illusion of real firepower being used.

Synchronization? That sounds MP related and I'm sure you read my post :rolleyes:

Do you really consider it an extreme engine upgrade? I don't know, Mount and Blade offered it via a patch one day an it's totally up to the user whether he wants to enable it or not. A few other games (Battleground Europe maybe?) have done the same.

Of course many have asked for it before but the general reply has always been -won't work in MP properly, hence: not worth the time and cost. Thats exactly why I'd like to see it offered via DL(?) to the many SP'er who do think it's very worthwhile and all the while letting BIS be compensated for our little niche segment of the population.

The point is, whether you call it an addon or content, I and many others would probably pay for it. Sorry if it offended your sense of my place on these forums, but it is exactly that, a suggestions thread and I've offered mine.

Face the facts though, it's NOT going to happen in ArmA 2. Going to have to wait for a major overhaul to the engine (ArmA 3?)

;1774122']Id buy a full set of what BI is using to make maps...

The FULL version' date=' not the restricted one..[/quote']

I don't think that will ever happen tbh

Face the facts though, it's NOT going to happen in ArmA 2. Going to have to wait for a major overhaul to the engine (ArmA 3?)

I'm not so sure those are the facts lol! I think the current engine could handle a hybrid ragdoll/animation system for Single-Player. SLX Mod had a crude system that showed that at least the dead bodies could be "weighted" thereby would fall/slide instead of hang off an inch of solid ground overhead.

It's funny to me why there are so many adament naysayers who tend to have a knee-jerk "No!" reaction.