Sign in to follow this  
echo_2-7

DLC- What do YOU want?

Working bis 3D editer.

And a bis version of armaedit tool for arma2/oa.

Id pay what i did for the game just these two things:)

Port stuff from VBS2 (wishful thinking?)...maps, buildings, vehicles. Would be nice to have MRAPs and a Kiowa etc in Arrowhead :)

What this man said (wishful thinking upon a star).

Didn't know M1 was part of the airborne equipment (I have no clue, really, it just sounds odd to me). I think the C130 is more than suitable for most airborne operations. Not sure about real life air lifting operations, but it does sound weird to me to airlift tanks 10-15km when there already exists airports so close and terrain pose no challenges enabling you to reach any location on the map in about 10-15 minutes. Not for DLC naturally, but I'd rather have them spend some love with instrumentation on existing air vehicles.

Although, I'm not really a "DLC'er" myself, but I still found the suggestion a bit on the odd side given the map sizes we operate in (not to mention runway lengths :p)

I don't mean using the m1 for an "airborne operation" but once a beachhead is established you have to get your armour into theatre somehow.

VBS2 Maps. I would pay $20 for one full sized map from VBS2.

I would kill for the US Army models from VBS2 to be ported to OA.:butbut:

MOUT.

Urban combat module. Haven't bought OA as I'm still on the fence but as far as I can tell the AI is the same as Arma2 -which ain't bad, but man this game could be so much more with proper cqb and urban fightin AI.

Random house scripts are nice and all but they are exactly that -random. Imagine if a few soldiers barricaded themselves indoors and the AI intelligently attempted to rout them out.

If they built it, I'd pretty much pay whatever the cost for this improbable dream...

same, even though i bought OA

I also want to see a sort of jumbo jets dlc. From C17 globemaster to E-3 sentries, and 747s too!

And what use it would have? Beside the fact there's not a single big enough airport you can turn around on with them? (except for C-17)

Back on topic; I'd like to see moar ole'skool stuff back from OFP in any form; namely G3 rifle, M60A3 Patton, BMP-1, OH-58 Kiowa, AH-1 HueyCobra (with the box-cockpit), Cessna 172, Trabant :D and DC-3 from QG

Maybe a coastal map in Takistan, with desert USMC units, equipped with some left-out stuff: CH-46E, CH-53E/K, HIMARS, M777, F/A-18 A/B/C/D Hornet.

Karzeghistani Army anyone?

To Be Fair; a map with a single large Airport and C-17's as a DLC could be the focus of a pretty decent mini-campaign.

Special Forces parachuting out of a C-17 at range then approaching on foot eliminate initial AA defences.

Parachute Forces following up capture said Airport, with C-17 flying them in initially.

Parachute+Special Forces hold the airport from counter attack while C-17 flies in personnel and equipment to establish an Airhead.

I guess their main focus with DLC is to reach a wider audience as possible, im not sure how many would be interested in purchasing jumbo jets etc, not saying it wouldnt be great to have them, just probably wouldnt want them so much that i would pay for them.

e3 sentry, c-17, ac-130, assorted migs, various anti-air systems for all factions, large (massive) mostly desert or water map with a couple of big airports and some ground crew/utility vehicles would be a pretty good dlc maybe?

Oh, and f-22.

No point adding Eurofighter, the RKSL one is too awesome.

For this kind of airplanes (big transport planes, interceptor/fighter planes) we would need enormous sized maps to use them normally -meaning NOT the X-Wing style dogfighting from BF 2, but to use Radar, BVR weapons, "intelligent" stand-off weaponry, ect...What is the meaning of 12 AMRAAMs if you can use them at a max. range of 5km? Same goes for long-range AA rockets. With current possibilities there's simply no room to employ them in the game realistically - maybe only as static background elements. Strategic airlifting is also something that a bit falls out of the series' scope. Anyway a C-17 would be sweet, but to build a DLC around it? Don't think so, only if it is added to a much bigger content.

How about instead of creating new stuff we bring over the stuff we already got from OFP and Arma.

OFP alone has probaly 2-3000plus addons mods, and other content,

add Arma in there too and you got plenty to work with,

either way it has to be ported and updated, same for new stuff, just created.

How about instead of creating new stuff we bring over the stuff we already got from OFP and Arma.

OFP alone has probaly 2-3000plus addons mods, and other content,

add Arma in there too and you got plenty to work with,

either way it has to be ported and updated, same for new stuff, just created.

No offense, but I want stuff that is actually up to ArmA 2 standards... too many of these OFP/ArmA 1 ports don't actually fit in properly with ArmA 2 content.

I would like to see Bohemia work on their realism, ArmA 2's pride is it's realism so they should add even more ACE features than OA added to make it more realistic, and also improve the AI, personally i think ArmA has enough content, I would just like to see the quality go up.

ACE2's level of realism should always remain an option. Some people don't find playing the game hyper-realistically to be fun, like myself. ;)

a DLC with Romanian Army :D

but its not the time for lots of DLC`s

there still are things that can be better in game

and some things that are missing even with last patch

why cant you put in mags or something in backpack?

Units is something this game have plenty of. More official maps with WF support would be nice however. Granted it is a lot more work to create good enough maps compared to making new units, but as for now ARMA OA only have two, Chernarus and Takistan.

A more realistic VBS style map for large scale warfare would be awesome. Even if less detailed, a huge map with life sized cities would offer a new experience to the series. You would have to rely more on air force and transportation to get around.

Just a thought :D

ACE2's level of realism should always remain an option.

Yes and no and maybe.

Although I love ACE backblast feature, it's one of them features that should never be implemented blindly unless means are in to make AI aware of the danger, and make proper calls.

Other stuff like stamina I think most people would welcome, even if done on a slightly more moderate level.

And finally there are the definitive yes'es, such as rockets having more realistic ballistics. Being able to hit targets with MAAWS/SMAW from 1500m is just plain ridiculous. With the limited damage system in vanilla, it is one of those things that ruins gameplay more than helping it.

Stamina is one of the many things I do not want included in Arma 2 by default. How Arma 2 does it already is perfectly acceptable, and in my opinion ACE2's is kinda overdone.

I think Arma 2 is a military simulator that is still a game. Those of us who like to play it as a mix between arcade and simulation, like myself, enjoy the slightly more lenient vanilla state. If we seek hardcore realism, we'll always have the opportunity to download ACE2. It should always remain an option in my eyes, not forced.

...Although I love ACE backblast feature, it's one of them features that should never be implemented blindly unless means are in to make AI aware of the danger, and make proper calls.

Good Lord! The AI can hardly decide to take an RPG shot as it is. Don't give them something else to overload their miniscule brains with! :p

Me: There's a BMP 100m away from us! Right there! Looks like its gonna start shredding us in 30mm increments!

AI AT soldier: Huh. Oh! Well how about that? I guess I'll just raise my trusty RPG7 to my shoulder annnnddd.... Oh wait, I think I'ld rather be standing 2m to the right...

Me: JUST TAKE THE F&*#ING SHOT YOU MORON!!!

AI AT Soldier: Hmmm.... no, this still doesn't feel right. maybe 1m right and a little to the front... Splat

Of course, they seem to have no problems wasting shaped-charge warheads on soldiers when they could just as easily use their rifle.

Ok, sorry about the rant. Bring on the next DLC!!! I don't care what it is. I want it.

Edited by arthur666

For a DLC i would like to see

Danish army - Works in hellmand with the britts

Dutch army - Works in kandaha just next to hellmand

Canadian army - Works in kandaha

All thies armys use simular weapons Colt Canada C7 and C8 variants.

Moveable mortars (61mm)

F18

JDAM that can be programed with GPS (somewhat simular to arty computer)

i Just want a DLC with a Big new nice map.

what forces doesnt matter.

but when i prefer

CAN - nice wep mLAV3

GER - nice wep , and veh like Dingo , leopard

PL - nice wep vehicles like CV90, Rosomak ,TUR

CZ - arms , Pandur

FR - nice wep ,veh Leclerc , AMX ,VBL

I think France could use some love... Interesting equipment for sure. With a jungle map maybe?

I'm biased, but French units + Africa Map could be very nice...

BI can make whatever dlc they want in ill by it. but I do want the next to be for opfor as they need it. o in a big map