Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: 1.07 Patch Released!!!

They added back in the kickback effect of weapons.So instead of just moving up and down the weapon looks like it moves up and backwards at same time.

Ahh I see, does it look better with the updated weapon recoil then in the beta?

Edited by Erratic

Great timing right at the onset of the weekend for this patch.

Unless you have/play-on a Linux server. :(

Are you perhaps experiencing your old FPS issues again? Seems like you've been having problems in that area.

Check out the latest beta threads and you'll find most people generally experiencing much improved performance in the latest builds.

Nope.. the cable was causing that problem, but I already solved that

When BIS release the last patch they also release a rar file with all of the touched files.

Have they done so with this patch, if so could we please have a link?

This would save the day.

wow, amazing work guys!.. Gonna try this update :)

I have same issue.I would start a personal mission in Chenarus and after waiting awhile the FPS was at 60.Now I start the same mission and the FPS is pegged at 30.I looked at the other thread where you posted the same issue and I also notice that sometimes it jumps to 60fps.Then I come back to game later and its back at 30fps.

I have just upgraded to windows 7 and ever since I have gotten this weird behavior.

Turn off V-sync (Vertical Sync), preferably force it off in your graphics utility (Catalyst Control Center for ATI. Dunno what nVidia's is called) or get some additional utility-application to help with that kind of settings on your card.

V-sync puts the refresh rate of the picture to an even multiplier of the screen's framerate (i.e. 60Hz for flatscreens). Before you maybe ran the game at 61-100 FPS, which V-sync locked to an even 60 (to prevent tearing of the image).

If the FPS drops to below 60 it reduces the displayed refresh rate to the next even multiplier, which is 30Hz (thus 30 FPS), even if you actually run the game in 59 FPS.

The patch as a whole has somewhat reduced FPS, but instead almost completely removed stuttering, greatly reduced the LOD-switching, and improved the use of memory on 64-bit systems.

For example CCC for ATI cards is totally bugged when it comes to forcing V-sync off, so I recommend something like ATI Tray Tools to control that kind of settings by letting it take control of CCC settings.

Edited by Inkompetent

This would save the day.

what I suggest you should do (this is what I did).

Make an ISO of your retail copy (cause you said you have retail). Upload it to your box and remote in. Mount the ISO and install it once as a template. Do the patches to that version, then make copies whenever you need a new one.

As far as I know all the BIS patches are ALWAYS exes and never just have touched files.

I have same issue.I would start a personal mission in Chenarus and after waiting awhile the FPS was at 60.Now I start the same mission and the FPS is pegged at 30.I looked at the other thread where you posted the same issue and I also notice that sometimes it jumps to 60fps.Then I come back to game later and its back at 30fps.

I have just upgraded to windows 7 and ever since I have gotten this weird behavior.

Just wondering, did you do a fresh install of windows 7, or did you do an upgrade from some previous version of windows? I have never gone the upgrade route, since I always heard bad things about it causing issues. I installed win7 x64 fresh, after backing up my important stuff and wiping my drives, and I have no issues. I haven't tried this patch yet bc I am still at work, but I can let you know how it goes if you want.

We have the steam version sadly.

Increased performance with the latest patch for me, and without stutter, I tested with two missions of the Harvest Red campaign.

very high - high, settings (PP- disable, AA- normal, 3200- VD)

Q9550 - 3.2ghz

4 Gb RAM

HD 5850 - 1gb

Win7 - 64 bit

We have the steam version sadly.

I thought you said you had retail?

@Gossamers

That is me with retail version i have concidered this but 2 reasons stopping me

1, it won't install due to the lack of GFX on Dedi servers

2, how long do you think it will take to upload ArmA2 with an uprate of max 75kbs

previous patches were large files and had touched files in them i'm sure

Never seen it, we've always had to upload from our own installs (we share it around members).

Can a 1.07 client join a 1.05 server?

No, they can't.

Inkompetent I tried Vsync off and its the same.

Eclipse,I did a full install.I can't see how anyone would want an upgrade as that leaves your harddrive messed up with files etc...I want a clean HD for a new OS.

@Gossamers

That is me with retail version i have concidered this but 2 reasons stopping me

1, it won't install due to the lack of GFX on Dedi servers

2, how long do you think it will take to upload ArmA2 with an uprate of max 75kbs

it doesn't even have an onboard gfx? I rent my server box from NFO Servers and it allows us to install.

Inkompetent I tried Vsync off and its the same.

Still sounds like a Vsync-problem if it sticks to even multipliers of framerates. However neither nVidia's or ATIs own software for configuring the graphics card are famous for actually working well, and they have a tendency to override settings done within applications. But well, if you run at 30FPS it's hardly an issue anyway. It's smooth and nice, and it's only the displayed FPS that's 30. Behind the curtains the game still runs fast. The rest of the engine is separate from the graphics anyway, so just because displayed FPS is 30 it doesn't mean that the rest of the game engine runs at 30FPS :)

Anyone from bis have touched game fles for server upload please

Rebel;1658706']I have just installed the new patch 1.07... The game runs worse on my system in average 10-20 FPS.. for example in the 3rd Single player mission in urban area I used to have 25-29 FPS using the previous patch - this was the best result so far. Now its 15-19. In other single mission called Sweep the village or something like that' date=' I had 50FPS at start, now I have 29 and as I am getting closer, the FPS only gets worse! I have never had 15 FPS in that mission!

I am using 1680*1050 medium details, no AA, AF, view dist 1000.[/quote']

Thats what i mean, it was a bad decision to release a full patch with a major introduced performance draw-down...

IMHO the patch should have been held back, no-one cared if it was released a day or two after, including a reversion of the lately introduced performance hog.

Anyone from bis have touched game fles for server upload please

Would you stop repeating the same over and over again just because you get no answer? Thanks.

I've downloaded repeatedly, from multiple sources and I keep getting errors like the following: "Errors found in file ADDONS\a10.pbo (00000000 != 00000001)" for every single addon being updated in the patch and when I choose "abort" the report reads: Update 1.05-1.06\ADDONS\A10.PBO.UPD cannot be applied, error xdelta 3 returned error code: 1

Some error occurred during patch installation.

Patch file is probably dammaged. You may need to download it again.

Error in file ADDONS\a10.pbo, phase 1."

This happens with every addon in the patch and every single link I get the patch from, and this is also happening to a friend of mine.

I am running Direct 2 Drive version 1.05 English and the last beta patch.