Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: 1.07 Patch Released!!!

lol i believe that it is down to the install location touched files and new files in zip should do the trick other wise it's a 8.26gb upload

Regedit...

LOCAL MACHINE > BIS > Arma 2

Create new key named MAIN > Enter data as directory "C:\ARMADIRECTORYPATH" without the quotes.

This will get you installed with the patch.

After 2-3 benchmarks and some gameplay i've lost an averege of 4-5fps, soon as i saw performance increases in the changelog i was pleased :[, am i the only one?

Intel duel core 3.00ghz

GTX 260Oc

Windows Xp

I have just installed the new patch 1.07... The game runs worse on my system in average 10-20 FPS.. for example in the 3rd Single player mission in urban area I used to have 25-29 FPS using the previous patch - this was the best result so far. Now its 15-19. In other single mission called Sweep the village or something like that, I had 50FPS at start, now I have 29 and as I am getting closer, the FPS only gets worse! I have never had 15 FPS in that mission!

I am using 1680*1050 medium details, no AA, AF, view dist 1000.

reg edit doesn't work as the game is not actually installed it's just the files needed to run the server that are there

Edited by Cprl.Rst

The ingame server browser is giving me a popup saying patch 1.05 is available

Rebel;1658706']I have just installed the new patch 1.07... The game runs worse on my system in average 10-20 FPS.. for example in the 3rd Single player mission in urban area I used to have 25-29 FPS using the previous patch - this was the best result so far. Now its 15-19. In other single mission called Sweep the village or something like that' date=' I had 50FPS at start, now I have 29 and as I am getting closer, the FPS only gets worse! I have never had 15 FPS in that mission!

I am using 1680*1050 medium details, no AA, AF, view dist 1000.[/quote']

I'm a bit upset with Bohemia now to be honest, every patch there seems to be very minor improvements but improvements none the less, fingers crossed i'll have better performance in Arrowhead i guess.

Rebel;1658706']I have just installed the new patch 1.07... The game runs worse on my system in average 10-20 FPS.. for example in the 3rd Single player mission in urban area I used to have 25-29 FPS using the previous patch - this was the best result so far. Now its 15-19. In other single mission called Sweep the village or something like that' date=' I had 50FPS at start, now I have 29 and as I am getting closer, the FPS only gets worse! I have never had 15 FPS in that mission!

Are you perhaps experiencing your old FPS issues again? Seems like you've been having problems in that area.

Check out the latest beta threads and you'll find most people generally experiencing much improved performance in the latest builds.

After 2-3 benchmarks and some gameplay i've lost an averege of 4-5fps, soon as i saw performance increases in the changelog i was pleased :[, am i the only one?

Intel duel core 3.00ghz

GTX 260Oc

Windows Xp

Probably not. Personally I've noticed quite the increase. No more stuttering, no texture lag or tree pop ups, and I went from running the game on all on very high (except AA being off) with a view distance of 2000 to the same but with a view distance of 4000 with no noticeable drop (confirmed via FRAPS as well). When a mission first starts it takes a few extra seconds though, but well worth the cost of having everything run so much better.

Q9550@3.4Ghz

4GB RAM

ATI 5870

Win7 64

I don't think that's the correct path to make a regedit, do you mean LOCAL MACHINE > Software > BIS > Arma 2 ?

I've noticed a performance increase! Also I usually pick up on slow loading LOD's, but haven't noticed any yet, but I will have to play more. Overall though I'm impressed with the new patch so far :)

no i mean i don't have bis in regedit

Do you have the Steam version of the game, or which? Looks like you may need to reinstall.

I have same issue.I would start a personal mission in Chenarus and after waiting awhile the FPS was at 60.Now I start the same mission and the FPS is pegged at 30.I looked at the other thread where you posted the same issue and I also notice that sometimes it jumps to 60fps.Then I come back to game later and its back at 30fps.

I have just upgraded to windows 7 and ever since I have gotten this weird behavior.

When BIS release the last patch they also release a rar file with all of the touched files.

Have they done so with this patch, if so could we please have a link?

The ingame server browser is giving me a popup saying patch 1.05 is available

I can remeber that same issue was present back in ArmA1 for patches higher than 1.14. That appears to be a GameSpy Option/problem/issue...what ever. as long as you can click it away...dont care about.

@MadDogx

you misunderstand i have the retail copy and thats patched fine.

i run servers and the game doesn't technically get installed

so i need the touched files in a zip or rar format

I tried using a RAM disk with 1.07, since resource monitor showed I had about 3 gigs not being used. Loaded Chernarus, anims, buildings etc. onto it.

Normal (v.good) performance for a minute, then awful stutters.

Got rid of RAM disk and everything is smooth, performance is back to being very good.

Worth trying without, if you're still using a RAM disk (at least one you can't fit every single game file onto).

I just installed 1.07 and tried Benchmark 1... I have like 10+ FPS more then with 1.05 :eek:

is there anyway that we can get some touched file for the patch?

Performance improvements? I hope so. Keep on the task of optimizing this game BIS.

So is this going to be released automatically for Steam (was 1.05 ever for that matter?)

What is this "weapon recoil fix" you guys are talking about? What is wrong with recoil?

Performance improvements? I hope so. Keep on the task of optimizing this game BIS.

So is this going to be released automatically for Steam (was 1.05 ever for that matter?)

What is this "weapon recoil fix" you guys are talking about? What is wrong with recoil?

For steam, 1.05 wasn't released (even though it was supposed to be) But you can just update your steam version with the normal patch methods anyway. You don't have to count on steam :p

As for the "weapon recoil fix" I'm curious to hear exactly what they are referring to also!