Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: 1.07 Patch Released!!!

Hi

I have updated my ArmA2 install to 1.07 from 1.05. However, my favourite MP server is still at 1.05. How can I easily go back to 1.05?

Cheers

Bull

Hi

I have updated my ArmA2 install to 1.07 from 1.05. However, my favourite MP server is still at 1.05. How can I easily go back to 1.05?

Cheers

Bull

Reinstall and apply 1.05.

@ CarlGustaffa

Canceling the phasing effect can only be fixed by the devs: DO allow starting two sounds the same millisecond (in a mission, if designer wants it. I know I could use it to simulate pseudo stereo).

But more important, ENFORCE a delay of sound (just a tiny bit) if the same sounds from two guns are started simultaneously, OR make sure a variation sample is chosen instead for one of them.

I`ve tried to avoid it by assigning slightly different pitch and volume levels (also via different audible ranges) to individual samples, with little success i might add.

begin1[] = {"\TRSM_Weapons\Handwaffen\AK107.wav", 2.122018, 1, 1000};

begin2[] = {"\TRSM_Weapons\Handwaffen\AK107.wav", 2.135011, 1.01, 1025};

begin3[] = {"\TRSM_Weapons\Handwaffen\AK107.wav", 2.148154, 0.99, 1005};

begin4[] = {"\TRSM_Weapons\Handwaffen\AK107.wav", 2.161449, 1.02, 975};

For this to work, changes would need to be really drastic, which in turn destroys a characteristic emitter signature. This is also true for using different samples. One moment it may sound like an AK-47, switching to the next sample in line, more like a 20mm Flak fired in the grand canyon. Completely destroys a weapon sound.

Still have hope though. I´m off shorty to Mediamarkt, which apperently sell OA already. Going to do a complete de-/reinstall cycle and report back. This way i can rule out something went haywire during the patch installation, compare it to 1.05/1.07 ... and play it :p

Hi.

Is this update available on Steam??

If not, can i use this update on my Steam?

Reinstall and apply 1.05.

Thanks....but thats not so easy :(

No it's not, but I wouldn't do it just to play on that server. It's more than likely that they'll update it soon, so just wait for them to do so. If they don't, well, that will be very weird...

a bit gutted on something about this patch. all my saves from my SP missions i have played have all magicaly been erased!!!

Thanks....but thats not so easy :(

It's the easiest way.

There actually is another, getting the 1.05 pbo's from somebody and replacing them in your addons folder, replace the exe etc etc..

- GIANT filesize

- lots of hours of finding out what is changed..

and I doubt that would be worth it. And I'm not sure if a process like this (someone sending you game content) is even legal.

The update hasn't been released on steam, but you can patch your 1.05 copy or 1.0 copy using the same method everyone else does, download either the incremental patch (1.05-1.07) or full patch (1.0-1.07) and install!

Edit, the performance increase here seems to be substanstial! I've had not one stutter, textures are loading up instantly so I don't even notice the old LOD loading/flickering like I used to. Certainely improves sniping. I'm impressed with this patch!

Hi all im installing the new patch as we speak :).

Im wondering tho should I still need to run the parameters in the start up config eg

maxmem = 2048

cpu count = 4 etc

My specs are

Q6700

4gig

and im on win XP 32bit for now ;)

so should I leave the parameters blank or as they are cheers

Hi all im installing the new patch as we speak :).

Im wondering tho should I still need to run the parameters in the start up config eg

maxmem = 2048

cpu count = 4 etc

My specs are

Q6700

4gig

and im on win XP 32bit for now ;)

so should I leave the parameters blank or as they are cheers

Remove those paramters, leave it blank, ofcourse you might want to keep the parameter -nosplash though ;-)

ahh so its the beta patch then?I am confused here I have reinstalled the game and now I will install this update...do I still have to install the newest beta 71749?

should we turn hyperthreading back on as well as removing those command line parameters?

It should work with hyperthreading now. Since I'm on an old Core2Duo myself I can't test and verify, but what I've understood from the beta forum hyperthreading works, automatic CPU-count should work (if it doesn't force-set to four CPUs), and memory-cap shouldn't be an issue anymore at all.

ahh so its the beta patch then?I am confused here I have reinstalled the game and now I will install this update...do I still have to install the newest beta 71749?

no, don't think they have gotten a new beta out for 1.07 ;)

1.07 is the latest patch, bringing arma2 upp to speed with OA

no, don't think they have gotten a new beta out for 1.07 ;)

1.07 is the latest patch, bringing arma2 upp to speed with OA

Thats what I mean^^ If OA will ship with weapon kickback then we will need another update to bring us that function....and maybe even more that OA will bring.

I dont know if its just 1.07 because I was running ACE too, but the game started stuttering horribly after about an hour. Then apparently something broke, because it went black and ended up in windowed mode (but it didnt crash). Still really bad stuttering... Had to quit. It wasnt just your average LOD stuttering either, far more severe.

@Wolfstriked: OA went gold a while ago, beta updates has been hectic the last few days. I'm betting that BIS wants to have a nice patch for OA in a reasonable time, not only to serve us, but to address the techniques used in whatever not-so-legal versions that will appear eventually. Some of these new memory fixes will most likely not be included in the first OA release. And, are you sure the weapon shake we've seen from OA is actually the new kickback? If so, why is it included in the OA that went gold a while back but haven't been tested and adjusted during beta phase? To me, that looks more like a general "shake effect" (also seen when AT rounds explode nearby, but on a larger scale) rather than "kickback". I'm not sure though. I think I saw some OA version stating 1.05xxxx rather than 1.07xxxx, indicating that OA will need to be brought up to speed with Arma2, instead of vice versa.

@carlgustaffa : oa ships as 1.52 ;)

Edited by Noraf

And, are you sure the weapon shake we've seen from OA is actually the new kickback? If so, why is it included in the OA that went gold a while back but haven't been tested and adjusted during beta phase?

Maybe because it's an OA-exclusive feature and won't be implemented in the original ArmA2?